The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing forgotten mods

Phyrak

Title.

Hey there,

Some of the older mods are out dated with the mods released over the last 6 to 12 months.

One mod I particularly like but seems to fall short is equilibrium - perhaps a way to buff it is to give .1 hp/energy per second akin to the pick ups -> at max 1.1 hp/energy per second

Such would make it a little more useful

What mods in your opinion need a little buff or a big buff?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Melee Prowess, Sure Shot.

Completely overshadowed by the 60% dual stat mods, nothing done to them even during the days of early damage 2.0.

Even when Stun damage or status was a thing back during Damage 1.0 and they had different names they were still very poor choices for mods

I think Hammershot could use some love

10 minutes ago, tsubasakuroi said:

Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Melee Prowess, Sure Shot.

Completely overshadowed by the 60% dual stat mods, nothing done to them even during the days of early damage 2.0.

Even when Stun damage or status was a thing back during Damage 1.0 and they had different names they were still very poor choices for mods

I think Hammershot could use some love

Perhaps buff rifle app and the rest and bring them to 150%?

I use hammershot periodically, specifically for crit spamming

It found a place on my zarr

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Mods that no one uses, I.e. Resistant to heat, cold or frost.

Maybe a combination?

Combine all base resistances into 1 mod?

6 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Thunderbolt

Explosions now do percentile damage - fixed :P

Just now, Phyrak said:

Perhaps buff rifle app and the rest and bring them to 150%?

I use hammershot periodically, specifically for crit spamming

It found a place on my zarr

Maybe a combination?

Combine all base resistances into 1 mod?

Explosions now do percentile damage - fixed :P

WAIT WUT!?!

since when o.0 Ive been away for a while but havent seen anything mentioned about this anywhere welp. Time to check wiki.

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

Equilibrium is a hell of a good mod, sadly only for Channel heavy frames.

The status chance only mods tho need some buffing desperatly, the melee mod even got outclassed by weeping wounds...

Yes it's good but it is still overshadowed by other mod combinations for its cost

Would a constant 1.1 hp/energy per second unaffected by channeling make it worth the slot?

Weeping wounds is brilliant unto itself

Just now, jmthebigman said:

WAIT WUT!?!

since when o.0 Ive been away for a while but havent seen anything mentioned about this anywhere welp. Time to check wiki.

They're 15% base

Would bring that to 150% at max level be making them worth the slot?

It's true that some mods are weaker than others and thus rarely used, but keep in mind that not everybody has all mods, so having those weaker common mods drop that a new player can use until they obtain the stronger versions isn't necessarily a bad thing, it gives a sense of progression and a reason to change a build.

Just now, Phyrak said:

Yes it's good but it is still overshadowed by other mod combinations for its cost

Would a constant 1.1 hp/energy per second unaffected by channeling make it worth the slot?

Weeping wounds is brilliant unto itself

I don't know what mod combination would be better than Equilibrium by itself considering the massive amount of energy drops in the missions you can technically run with an Ember until the enemies reach oneshot territory.

2 minutes ago, Snib said:

It's true that some mods are weaker than others and thus rarely used, but keep in mind that not everybody has all mods, so having those weaker common mods drop that a new player can use until they obtain the stronger versions isn't necessarily a bad thing, it gives a sense of progression and a reason to change a build.

This I certainly agree with

Yet, most mods have a place

Things like rifle aptitude is beyond useless

15% is worthless with damage 2.0

Bring that stat to 150% and it will become far more useful - both for vets and new players

2 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

I don't know what mod combination would be better than Equilibrium by itself considering the massive amount of energy drops in the missions you can technically run with an Ember until the enemies reach oneshot territory.

Rage + life strike is a far better healer/ health buffer/energy regen than equilibrium

1 minute ago, Phyrak said:

Rage + life strike is a far better healer/ health buffer/energy regen than equilibrium

Sure but it costs 2 slots and the need to use melee. Equilibrium is nice. Only change I could see is make it trigger health & energy conversion mods as well.

Just now, Phyrak said:

But only on frames with low shields and enough toughness to go into melee range.

With equilibrium you can run around use your channeled ability while sniping or decimating the enemy hordes from a save distance and then fill up your hp and energy when the lines have been cleared. On top you only need one mod instead of two and don't have to mind melee channeling costs while swinging your blade.

There are mods out there that are far more in a need of a buff than equilibrium.

5 minutes ago, Snib said:

Sure but it costs 2 slots and the need to use melee. Equilibrium is nice. Only change I could see is make it trigger health & energy conversion mods as well.

Interesting quark there

I like it

4 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

But only on frames with low shields and enough toughness to go into melee range.

With equilibrium you can run around use your channeled ability while sniping or decimating the enemy hordes from a save distance and then fill up your hp and energy when the lines have been cleared. On top you only need one mod instead of two and don't have to mind melee channeling costs while swinging your blade.

There are mods out there that are far more in a need of a buff than equilibrium.

Indeed there are

My preference is that equilibrium is amongst them

What else akin to to it needs a buff?

The Equilibrium has uses and on my Nidus is very useful combined with rage.

Also there is a tons of older mods too which needs to be buffed or needs other uses.

Resistance mods, all of it needs to be integrated to the warframe as stat which can be boosted by your choice (simple thing) like other character creators where have stat points.

Intruder has uses but for that needs more difficult spy missions and terminals to hack it.

Warm coat - just rework it to a way where have some uses.

Specific physical damage mods on each category - buff back them to give +10% otherwise those are not viable.

Maglev - give a bit more slide bonus and some minor extra speed like +10%

Rush - +50% speed but the 30% fine consider there are faster frames whom have more benefit from it. Just keep in mind this-

Status chance boost mods - just buff them to give significant status like +50+100% which is not high consider the majority of weapons have low status and crits.

Organ shatter - gives 90% crit damage on max it could be a little bit better

True steel - just give 15% crit chance like how organ gives 15% crit damage then it could be more useful.

old magazine mods - give atleast +50-80% extra cip size it is not competitive yet but at least can be an option.

Trick mag - that is on most weapons fine but it needs some minor tweaks or buff the old weapons (dual secondaries) ammo pool.

Quickdraw - give +10-15% / level and that is still not op.

Reflex guard - currently endo maker but it could be more useful if gives more chance to block and a mechanic added.

Other defensive mods with no uses.

Bleed out mods need tweaks. 

Others maybe coming now just the matter of time.

-------------

Auras_

Siphon - give 1 energy per second at max that is nowadays not so op but at least make it more useful.

Rejuvination - almost okay maybe just give 5 hp per sec at max.

Rifle amp - little bit more damage and the same amount of mod cap point what steel charge gives.

The holstering one and speed boost one are a joke, those need rework.

Scavenger auras needs also tweaks but they are easy ammo solutions.

Physique - This can be much better if gives +10% hp max per level and just keep the cap.

Other auras also needs some tweaks.

Just few thoughts other ideas will coming when I can ge home and make a proper write about it.

8 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

The Equilibrium has uses and on my Nidus is very useful combined with rage.

Also there is a tons of older mods too which needs to be buffed or needs other uses.

Resistance mods, all of it needs to be integrated to the warframe as stat which can be boosted by your choice (simple thing) like other character creators where have stat points.

Intruder has uses but for that needs more difficult spy missions and terminals to hack it.

Warm coat - just rework it to a way where have some uses.

Specific physical damage mods on each category - buff back them to give +10% otherwise those are not viable.

Maglev - give a bit more slide bonus and some minor extra speed like +10%

Rush - +50% speed but the 30% fine consider there are faster frames whom have more benefit from it. Just keep in mind this-

Status chance boost mods - just buff them to give significant status like +50+100% which is not high consider the majority of weapons have low status and crits.

Organ shatter - gives 90% crit damage on max it could be a little bit better

True steel - just give 15% crit chance like how organ gives 15% crit damage then it could be more useful.

old magazine mods - give atleast +50-80% extra cip size it is not competitive yet but at least can be an option.

Trick mag - that is on most weapons fine but it needs some minor tweaks or buff the old weapons (dual secondaries) ammo pool.

Quickdraw - give +10-15% / level and that is still not op.

Reflex guard - currently endo maker but it could be more useful if gives more chance to block and a mechanic added.

Other defensive mods with no uses.

Bleed out mods need tweaks. 

Others maybe coming now just the matter of time.

-------------

Auras_

Siphon - give 1 energy per second at max that is nowadays not so op but at least make it more useful.

Rejuvination - almost okay maybe just give 5 hp per sec at max.

Rifle amp - little bit more damage and the same amount of mod cap point what steel charge gives.

The holstering one and speed boost one are a joke, those need rework.

Scavenger auras needs also tweaks but they are easy ammo solutions.

Physique - This can be much better if gives +10% hp max per level and just keep the cap.

Other auras also needs some tweaks.

Just few thoughts other ideas will coming when I can ge home and make a proper write about it.

Auras need a rework to themselves

I have a thread somewhere on them and buffing them to more usefulness

4 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

This is incredible

If you find that one incredible, your eyes are going to pop out when you compare Point Strike to Critical delay or Tactical Pump to Chilling Reload.

But DE already said no, because "New players can use those weaker mods"... especially mods like Primed Fast Hands are clearly targeted at new players.

Edited by Tyrian3k