The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing forgotten mods

Phyrak

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

If you find that one incredible, your eyes are going to pop out when you compare Point Strike to Critical delay or Tactical Pump to Chilling Reload.

But DE already said no, because "New players can use those weaker mods", especially mods like Primed Fast Hands are targeted at new players.

Thus, showing how little I use shotguns XD

Maybe some tweaks coming eventually

18 minutes ago, Darkmatt3r said:

Explain this please .Why would i use frail momentum when i can use spazz ?

Explanation is that it's a copy pasta from the rifle and pistol mods, where the uncommon versions give less of a boost. Just DE being lazy. But you can use both, so both have a role. If you feel like using fire rate on a shotgun at all that is.

Same for the Tactical Pump & Chilling Reload thing, they stack if you want to use both. Also you may not want to use cold damage for a number of reasons.

Edited by Snib

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

Sure, it's not like many mods have been known to be ridiculously underpowered since the launch of U7, but hey, maybe I'm just a pessimist. ;)

I dunno,

I've seen things on the up slowly - though, it can take up to a year

Yes, U7 was a long time ago

The staff at DE has grown - hopefully more buffs coming

Just now, Phyrak said:

I dunno,

I've seen things on the up slowly - though, it can take up to a year

Yes, U7 was a long time ago

The staff at DE has grown - hopefully more buffs coming

How many mods have they buffed so far? As far as I know, only the punch through mods have been buffed and the elemental mods have been brought in line to all give 90% for 11 energy.

That's the extent of effort that has gone into balancing their mods properly over almost 4 years. Why would their neglect of their mod system change now, after they have literally said that those bad mods are intentionally bad?

3 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

How many mods have they buffed so far? As far as I know, only the punch through mods have been buffed and the elemental mods have been brought in line to all give 90% for 11 energy.

That's the extent of effort that has gone into balancing their mods properly over almost 4 years. Why would their neglect of their mod system change now, after they have literally said that those bad mods are intentionally bad?

From a gameplay pov - there have been buffs and changes to a variety of systems in game

Mods being such a core have not yet gone through their look at - my guess it'll come when DE does their damage 3.0 assessment and what they hope to achieve with it

A another dedicated slot or two would be useful too once the mods have had their look over

46 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

But only on frames with low shields and enough toughness to go into melee range.

With equilibrium you can run around use your channeled ability while sniping or decimating the enemy hordes from a save distance and then fill up your hp and energy when the lines have been cleared. On top you only need one mod instead of two and don't have to mind melee channeling costs while swinging your blade.

There are mods out there that are far more in a need of a buff than equilibrium.

Agreed with this.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Mods that no one uses, I.e. Resistant to heat, cold or frost.

Not true if you are doing sorties.

They are very useful for sorties with heat or cold modifier. There is also resistance mod for radiation. Also quite useful.

6 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

This one is actually funny. But so true.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140831201445

latest?cb=20150809110834

Is this one better?

1 minute ago, Phyrak said:

From a gameplay pov - there have been buffs and changes to a variety of systems in game

Mods being such a core have not yet gone through their look at - my guess it'll come when DE does their damage 3.0 assessment and what they hope to achieve with it

A another dedicated slot or two would be useful too once the mods have had their look over

You mean like they did the with Damage 2.0, which only made the list of completely useless mods longer because all armor piercing mods were changed into pathetically weak puncture mods?

They already said that Damage 3.0 will likely focus more on enemies than anything, and will likely not be what we expect...

I'm not saying it can't happen, but after such a long time and a clear no from DE, I'm just not very confident.

1 minute ago, Tyrian3k said:
  Hide contents

latest?cb=20140831201445

latest?cb=20150809110834

Is this one better?

You mean like they did the with Damage 2.0, which only made the list of completely useless mods longer because all armor piercing mods were changed into pathetically weak puncture mods?

They already said that Damage 3.0 will likely focus more on enemies than anything, and will likely not be what we expect...

I'm not saying it can't happen, but after such a long time and a clear no from DE, I'm just not very confident.

I certainly agree with you there

DE has slowly become more transparent with how the game is working

Yes, some mods have become obsolete due to damage 2.0

My hopes are that of 3.0 would bring them back to par

Steve has been particularly good in the NPE playthrough and seeing what needs to be changed and fixed

1 minute ago, Phyrak said:

I certainly agree with you there

DE has slowly become more transparent with how the game is working

Yes, some mods have become obsolete due to damage 2.0

My hopes are that of 3.0 would bring them back to par

Steve has been particularly good in the NPE playthrough and seeing what needs to be changed and fixed

Well, I hope he doesn't fix them the way that physical damage mods were fixed... by introducing new mods that do the same, but on an useful level.

1 hour ago, Tyrian3k said:
  Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140831201445

latest?cb=20150809110834

Is this one better?

I actually don't see a problem there.

Corrupted mods are supposed to get you a "little bit on top with a hefty price". The problem with the corrupted Frame mods is that they balance each other out and a frame doesn't need all stats for min-maxing.

It's like you can use your weapon with 90% performance on average but if you want one stat go beyond that you need some hefty sacrifices - on some weapons more hefty then on others.

There are tones of mods that are outright bad. They are not useful even for new players. We have limited mod slots so we only use the best mods. Those that are not good enough will be left.

Some can be redeemed by adjusting the numbers, others need to be reworked from ground up. But DE barely does anything to them which is very disappointing.

My suggestion is to give them additional effects to make them worthy of using. For example, Stabilizer should also increase accuracy and walk speed while aiming. Eagle Eye increases headshot damage and gives you adjustable zoom if your weapon doesn't have alt fire mode. Fast Deflection greatly reduces shield recharge delay. And so on.

The idea is that they may not be as strong as those popular mods, but they can offer 2~4 effects in one slot. It's like turning them into riven mods.

Edited by yles9056

1 hour ago, k05h said:

Not true if you are doing sorties.

They are very useful for sorties with heat or cold modifier. There is also resistance mod for radiation. Also quite useful.

They may be useful but I don't see many people use it. It maybe due to moving mods around or don't really see the point as you can jump over the hazard. 

22 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

I actually don't see a problem there.

Corrupted mods are supposed to get you a "little bit on top with a hefty price". The problem with the corrupted Frame mods is that they balance each other out and a frame doesn't need all stats for min-maxing.

It's like you can use your weapon with 90% performance on average but if you want one stat go beyond that you need some hefty sacrifices - on some weapons more hefty then on others.

If you would get that trade-off without wasting a slot, this would indeed not be a problem, but this mod is absolutely useless on just about all weapons except maybe the Tonkor.

What DE should have done to create actual choice here is to make the Critical Delay give 200% crit chance for the same drawback and made it mutually exclusive with Point Strike. Then we could start talking about making choices with tradeoffs.

2 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

If you would get that trade-off without wasting a slot, this would indeed not be a problem, but this mod is absolutely useless on just about all weapons except maybe the Tonkor.

What DE should have done to create actual choice here is to make the Critical Delay give 200% crit chance for the same drawback and made it mutually exclusive with Point Strike. Then we could start talking about making choices with tradeoffs.

There wouldn't be a choice with 200%, everyone and their mother would use both mods for that OP > 100% crit chance.

Even now, without a riven ppl are tempted to use Critical Delay with a Prisma Grakata.

3 hours ago, tsubasakuroi said:

Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Melee Prowess, Sure Shot.

Completely overshadowed by the 60% dual stat mods, nothing done to them even during the days of early damage 2.0.

Even when Stun damage or status was a thing back during Damage 1.0 and they had different names they were still very poor choices for mods

Have them max out at 10% and apply it to the BASE status chance. That's been my thought ever since I started playing warframe.