The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

The tone is a bit unnecessarily harsh, but I agree that this mod misses the mark. 

If there were some kind of gating or invuln phase between activations this mod would be worthwhile. 

As it stands, in the situations where you would need it, your sentinel could easily go through all activations of regen in a few short seconds. This doesn't really solve anything. This primed mod is just clear evidence that regen as a mod, really, really needs either a buff or a rework. 

9 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yes, of all the "nothing new" Baro has given me in the last 3 months, I get something new.

The next step would be to be revolted, because not having anything new at all would have been better for me. *sarcasm*

This reminds me of the Primed Bane mods. They were useless only in the minds of the narrow minded.

Primed Bane mods are pretty good. The only problem with this mod is it is a waste if you get downed due to sentinels not having a invulnerability timer after being killed and the mod usually gets used up instantly.

Just now, duhadventure said:

Primed Bane mods are pretty good. The only problem with this mod is it is a waste if you get downed due to sentinels not having a invulnerability timer after being killed and the mod usually gets used up instantly.

It is also true that it gets 4 new lives every time I get to revive, for a potential total of 24 lives.

I think we need something more like this: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lockjaw_%26_Sol

Sentinel companion flying next to our kubrow / kavat pets.  A new system will be implemented and hopefully we can revive both at the same time every time they get downed.

Before you all call this idea is overpower, plz listen. The main range weapon of the sentinel could deal only 50% of the original damage if he is working with one of our Kubrows or Kavats. Also kubrows and kavats can only deal 90% of their original melee damage (lets be honest they don't do enough damage later on unless you are using the new charger pet).

If this idea is implemented, we will be able to see a zanuka pet in the future with range weapons that deal only 50% of the original damage + the 90% of the melee damage that can deal the main pet.

I don't even use normal regen on my sentinels, my sentinel usually only dies when I die so it makes no difference to me. Still picked the mod up because we didn't really have much else to spend ducats on the past couple of months.

Still, some people will like the mod, just like some people love Shield Charger. Doesn't always have to make sense.

"Are you f***kign serious?" was my immediate response to seeing a Primed version of a mod that shouldn't even exist because the companion revive system is borked. B**** I just want Vacuum at all times I don't give a rat's taint what the sentinel does and when it dies I'm pissed off. This mod hurts my hope on getting a revival gear item or somekinda better method to bring my Vacuum back..

16 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

i don't get it

first people wanted sentinels to be revied. with this mod they come back 2 MORE times than with regular regen

how is this not enough?

and seriously demanding for a sentinel repair kit that given sentinel the oppurtunity to revive infinite times is just stupid. who would use companions anymore? nobody dmg of both are on same level and if both can be picked up AND sentinels have vacuum companions are not worth it anymore

grow up you vacuum loving children and start moving

No, **** you. Kuva floods are especually annoying cuz the fatties always instant kill them immediately like somekinda sentinel lock-on atomic missile.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

1 minute ago, Snib said:

I don't even use normal regen on my sentinels, my sentinel usually only dies when I die so it makes no difference to me. Still picked the mod up because we didn't really have much else to spend ducats on the past couple of months.

Still, some people will like the mod, just like some people love Shield Charger. Doesn't always have to make sense.

There are more sides to it. Like, you may get downed, the Sentinel will get destroyed, and then may get revived by someone else, but no Sentinel. So more lives for it can't hurt.

26 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Why the incredible salt all over the place? It's not like nothing at all would have been better. It's not like someone is positively forcing you to buy it and rank it to max. Why is the option itself hurtful to you in any way?

Most players agree with me on this one, I am sure. It's just that the minorities seem to be more vocal, as usual.

I don't know, I think nothing would have been better - the time taken to code Primed Regen could have been used to fix spelling mistakes or make coffee for everyone in the office.

12 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

I personally still don't see any reason to use them because even trough very fragile sentinels still are much more usefull

I only use my Sentinels when I'm Desecrate farming or (Carrier) when using a weapon with S#&$ ammo economy.

Otherwise, I'm using my Sunika Kubrow, because that glorious bastard is better than any current sentinel I have.

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I understand you dont like the addition but this kind of agressivity might not end well

I'm sorry for the tone but I feel that it's needed to point out how bad are DE decisions in those matters.
I had really big hopes for a rework of our sentinels and pets but now I see that it may never happen what makes me feel very sad and angry.

Just now, Littlerift said:

I don't know, I think nothing would have been better - the time taken to code Primed Regen could have been used to fix spelling mistakes or make coffee for everyone in the office.

That is what I will say in case you "accidentally" lose items from your account or need their support in any way. "No time to waste on that load of cr*ap".

6 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

No, **** you. Kuva floods are especually annoying cuz the fatties always instant kill them immediately like somekinda sentinel lock-on atomic missile.

perhaps u should not get so close to them that when they swing your poor vacuumer dies

19 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yes, it is indeed as you say, a potential total of 18 revives (24 lives).  A lot of times the Sentinel also gets destroyed by sheer chance, not necessarily because the enemies are lvl 200+. With this the Sentinel will surely be around for much longer.

Just to clarify when you have used up the Regens they do not carry over to your next revive.
Once you've used them, die and then revive the Sentinel only has one life.

Just now, Alcoholism said:

Just to clarify when you have used up the Regens they do not carry over to your next revive.

Wait it doesn't reset the count if your sentinel dies fully and you revive? 

This mod is even worse than I thought. 

Honestly, if they just gave Sentinels three or four seconds of invulnerability after reviving (enough time to get clear of whatever the current disaster happens to be) then both Primed and regular Regen would be very useful.  The real issue with Regen currently is that without a brief invulnerability period, your Sentinel is liable to loose all of its lives the very first time that you get into a hairy spot.

3 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

There is no source on that. I will just have to test it for myself when I get home.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

35 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

You'd think that if they were going to do this they would review why such a bandaid was needed.
In that case, they would have realised that sentinel death mostly occurs when the player is downed, and when regen kicks in the sentinel can get destroyed again while the player is still in bleedout.
What they could have done was implemented a timer at the very least to offset this issue - e.g. "x" amount of invulnerability time.
Plus there are mods like Self Destruct and Spare Parts which rely solely on the death of the sentinel. These mods still aren't any more viable just because they can now die 4 times instead of 2. So imo we're really still back at square one.

Spare parts doesnt even give squat anyways, plus it will only work once with REGULAR regen.