Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

JacketUnHoly

I finally got down to using Titania (I have committed myself to giving frames a hard 3rd look).

I was shocked and I mean SHOCKED that with 2 forma I was able to get her to last 20m on Mot. 

Sorry but to me that was un-expected. Her 4 really does allow her to hold her own in a solo run. I appreciated it even more because it is a cool fun way to do a mission. But come on it does not move fast enough. I want a buff to the sprint speed of her 4. 

She has no way to heal herself and using her 4 which is so cool (but again NOT FAST ENOUGH) keeps you from life strike. 

If they allowed you to life strike while in her 4 yeah I would take that. 

With all those damn buffs I really had hoped one of them would have been a health gain.

In the rework remove at least 1 of those buffs. It is too much RNG to use it. I like knowing with good certainty what I am going to get when I cast a power.  

-Low/average base stats, higher base energy would be nice.

-Long cast times

-2nd ability is too tedious to build up. Currently, there are 4 buffs and you need 5 casts to achieve full effect of 1 buff. You need a total of 20 casts to gain the full effects of all 4 buffs, the ability is also reliant on enemy types. 1 cast should provide the full effects or lower the energy cost or each cast provides 1 stack of every buff.

-3rd ability, sometimes the target gets ragdolled too far/high.

-4th ability, melee could use a slight buff and movement speed is too slow.

9 hours ago, MrJxt said:

-2nd ability is too tedious to build up. Currently, there are 4 buffs and you need 5 casts to achieve full effect of 1 buff. You need a total of 20 casts to gain the full effects of all 4 buffs, the ability is also reliant on enemy types. 1 cast should provide the full effects or lower the energy cost or each cast provides 1 stack of every buff.

the only buff worth having is dust (evasion buff), the slow is simply non existent even at max capacity, the damage reflection is useless becouse if you get hit you WILL die and any and every form of damage reflection are crap in warframe, and companion damage? who even needs companion damage?  

On 1/15/2017 at 7:49 PM, Lluminate said:

I know Nidus has been talk of the town lately, but I really wanted to bring up Titania again. I never see anyone using her in game, much less posting about her on the forums, and that kind of depresses me. She really needs to have some attention brought to her. As of now she is rather clunky to play.

THE GOOD

Visually, she is beautiful. The butterfly fx with her abilities are unique and very pretty. Her animations are some of the most popular in the game right now. Razorwing as an ability is very strong and quite fun to use. The lore that came with her quest was very interesting. Her passive, while nothing to write home about, isn't the worst in the game and can be kind of fun.

THE BAD

Titania tries to be a caster frame, but she seems to have received all the negatives that come with that class and very few of the benefits. Her casting time is atrocious for all of her abilities, with fairly small default range. She has a tiny energy pool. The buffs she receives from her abilities are mediocre at best, plus they have to be built up over time and can be instantly dispelled by going out of bounds (a big problem for her in Razorwing). Normally, these are the kind of things that casters are supposed to be GOOD at. And she also comes with the traditional squishiness that casters normally have. 100 shield, 100 health, 65 armor... she's almost as fragile as Banshee!

WHAT I WOULD CHANGE

A lot of her problems could be solved right away by simply speeding up her casting times and buffing her base stats, but that would not help her abilities themselves. Her 1 is alright, quite niche but the status effect immunity is the best utility in her kit. Unfortunately, the default range is five measly meters (which with max range increases to a grand total of 12.5 meters), and it sends all affected enemies careening away. In missions where you need to finish killing enemies to proceed, like exterminate or defense, this is extremely annoying. I would honestly delete this part of the ability altogether.

Outside of the status immunity, I don't like this ability at all. I would gladly trade it for a "distract/maul that dude over there with butterflies!" button, but if I had to work with what we have, I would either make the affected area much more obvious via a visual on the ground (something like Hallowed Ground's carpet) + a range buff or make the ability 100% duration based and automatic to everyone within affinity sharing range, with no extra enemies flying or fumbling weapons.

Her 2 is fun, but dear god the cast time wears on you for how often you have to use this ability. I think the first thing I would change would be that the shadowy being you pull from enemies automatically flies into you, so you don't have to go walk into it (makes it easier to use in Razorwing). The second thing would be to revamp the buffs you receive from this. As of now the only really useful one is Entangle, and that's only in certain situations. Dust is okay but usually not strong enough to actually make a difference, and Thorns and Full Moon are both borderline useless.

I would trade Full Moon for an actual damage buff, and Thorns for actual damage reduction. The numbers on it would probably be reduced (maybe max +25% damage & 25% damage reduction, so no competition with Trinity's bless here). I would also take power range off this ability completely and simply make it automatic to all allies. I'm already worrying about refreshing those timers, I don't want to have to worry about how close I am to teammates as well. Entangle and Dust can stay, mostly because I like Dust stacking with Razorwing's evade chance.

Lantern, her 3, is a weird one. Conceptually I do like it a lot, but the way this was implemented makes it very hard to use effectively. Who thought it was a good idea for it to go flying off out of range of its own usefulness?

I think the only major change I would make to this would be to tether the affected enemy to the ground, or just have them float in place like how Zenurik's active ability does. That alone would significantly improve Lantern's usability.

Lastly we have Razorwing. This is pretty much her best ability, I love it! But I need my flying vacuum back DE, please. Or at least give her the innate vacuum that normal Archwing has, so that I can stop scraping the ground looking for energy orbs. :(

The really major thing I would love in Razorwing is reduced energy cost for all her other abilities. With how much you have to stack her other abilities, it would be a really nice QoL improvement as well as improve her ability synergy. Particularly, a reduced cost for her 2 would be awesome.

It would also be nice if there was some way to refresh her Razorflies without recasting the entire ability. I am in favor of them simply respawning after a certain amount of time. But that's a fairly small grievance.

TL;DR

• Buff Titania's energy pool and casting times significantly. A survivability buff would also be appreciated.
  • Buff 1's default range.
  • Stop making her 1 and 3 send enemies flying.
  • Change 2's buffs to be useful, and make the shadow automatically fly to you when you cast it.
  • Allow sentinels to still function and make her other abilities have reduced energy costs in Razorwing.

I really have to say OP. I would have posted this myself when I first got her. You took the candy and coke right out of my mouth. Right on point +1. She does to seem to have so many drawbacks and not enough positives. I mean she looks and feels great and everything. It just sucks I find it unnecessary to use her for many missions. Her buffs are like....non-existent.

• Using natural talent on titania is a must because altough she is a caster frame the casting time is too slow
  • Her 2 Buffs are not worth the effort of getting and mantaining them
  • In Razorwing Sentinels Kubrows and Kavats Disappear (It is even worse by the fact that one of her 2 buffs is increased companion damage)
  • In Razorwing There is no passive vacuum at all so you have to go to ground
  • If you go to the ground collision will get #*($%%@ up and you will get stuck and probably die seconds later
  • Lantern affected enemies conserve inertia and will fly away or go to a undesired location if they do something like walking before you casted lantern on them
  • Lantern affected enemies will get attacked by your Sentinel/Kubrow/Kavat and fly away anyways
  • Titania Health and shield is low as expected because she is a caster frame but her energy is a bit low

I love using titania but come on this should had been fixed in the silver grove

IMO switch Titania's 1 and 2 

1. titania's Tribute now costs 25 energy this helps make up for the weak damage and the weak buffs  IF any nerf is required for the energy cost reduction i would suggest add more casts before you max out the power, so dust might increase in 8% increments, 

2, Spellbind now costs 50 energy, has better range, acts as a trampoline for her allies like her passive, and tethers enemies to the ground

3. Lantern now synergies with spellbind spellbind will tehter the lantern to the floor and nearby enemies to the lantern, Lantern razorflies are more agressive and will seek out enemies that are ignoring the lantern in order to make them follow the light.

4. Razorwing, fix the hitbox to match her size buff the diwatta, give her archwing type vacume and allow companions to persist in the mode, or at least kubrows and kavats, i can understand sentinels to a degree but our furry companions shouldn't disappear like that.

50 minutes ago, GOLANX said:

IMO switch Titania's 1 and 2 

1. titania's Tribute now costs 25 energy this helps make up for the weak damage and the weak buffs  IF any nerf is required for the energy cost reduction i would suggest add more casts before you max out the power, so dust might increase in 8% increments, 

2, Spellbind now costs 50 energy, has better range, acts as a trampoline for her allies like her passive, and tethers enemies to the ground

3. Lantern now synergies with spellbind spellbind will tehter the lantern to the floor and nearby enemies to the lantern, Lantern razorflies are more agressive and will seek out enemies that are ignoring the lantern in order to make them follow the light.

4. Razorwing, fix the hitbox to match her size buff the diwatta, give her archwing type vacume and allow companions to persist in the mode, or at least kubrows and kavats, i can understand sentinels to a degree but our furry companions shouldn't disappear like that.

I dunno Spellbind is fine in my opinion as it is and the trampoline option will never ever get used

• 2 months later...

I adore playing Titania but any frame that REQUIRES Natural Talent for nearly all of their abilities to be used needs a glance over.  As always I'll get my bias out of the way and say I love the game, I love DE and because of that love pointing out problems is what you do!  If I didn't care I'd shrug, snark and move on. 

So on to the post!  OP great job, you summarized it all very well and laid out the biggest concern that various Titania fans have.  Ultimately I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't actually hang about in Razorwing.  I find the controls irritating and the difference in the action to be jarring.  Elegant parkour with dizzying speed across the map, kiting enemies and navigating through the corridors of an enemy vessel like a phantom of PAIN.

Herp-thump-thud-derp-thud-splat-squeeeeeeal

That's the sound of Titania hitting something and sliding down its glassy surface slowly and comically.  To each their own.  I bullet jump, pop into 4 and rain down Fairy firepower upon unsuspecting jerks and then gracefully biggie size to slam down upon any left overs!  That is pretty much the full summary of my fairy fighting form.

With every bit of critique the community comes up with I like to dish out ideas and flesh it out with other like minds and other not so like minds.  Especially since I enjoy (With Natural Talent) the aspect of maintaining my mystical might and the like I do have a few choice nit picks.  As with anything I won't say "This blows, fix it," I'll say "this blows how do we fix it here are some ideas that I hope don't blow as much!"

The might though.

1 Spellbind: Leave it be it's fine.  For all of the differing opinions it's been kind of understood that this ability is fine.  The ENEMIES however are the problem.  So here's my idea to nip that.  Can we PLEASE have those awesome, vicious butterflies do more stuff!?  When Titania casters her one, the whirling ball of magical tenno force cascades out and butterflies of d00m slam into each enemy causes them to freak out, DROP THEIR WEAPON and then get suspended 'three' feet off of the ground they stay in the same location unless hit by an outside force.  Now a neat Augment would be "Firefly Fury," where enemies struck by her 1 and are put into motion take damage as angry butterflies devour- okay sorry tangent.  Still just an idea. 

2: Tribute:  Let it not take forever to cast.  The body of the enemy flies forward x meters or feet and lands on the ground all "Ouch my spirit,"  and the spirit is whisked toward Titania via helpful butterflies.  Yes dangit I want more butterflies to do things that butterflies ought not. It's very taboo and makes me smile very hard to imagine butterflies being mean.  Give the players more control like you have been with Vauban and Ivara.  Let us cycle the type of tribute we want.  Press and hold 2 for the tribute we want and let it go from there.  It doesn't matter the enemy, ideally.

Dust should work more like an effect upon targets within the radius in my opinion.  Anything left to chance of an enemy A.I doing something to you will always, ALWAYS lead to that thing happening.  If an A.I is capable of screwing you on a premium rate on a mortgage you better believe that it will... it's only a matter of time.  So accuracy debuff upon Dust should be a range effected AoE of "Screw your accuracy guys!"  Targets affected have butterflies over their heads sprinkling dust on their heads all merry like, while every now and again swearing at them in German.  Butterflies ought not do that, it's super risque. 

Thorns changes to Empathy (Guild Wars fans will get this,) It defies the logic a bit but hell.. she is taking tributes from clones so don't judge too harshly.  When the enemy attacks while under the effects of Titania's butterflies, or after her tributes have been extracted a portion of their damage is negated, and they take it.  So on ATTACK they take damage.  This attack may hit in which case you hope the dust in their eyes forces them to miss.  If it doesn't well then ouch.  You are dead.  Apologies, you'll be buried with very angry butterflies.  However if you dodge, or avoid it, etc then they take damage.  Hell like Shatter Shield it could cause stagger and deter firing to give a bit more survival.  I agree that in the 60 + minutes of any endless mission if Titania is hit, that's it. 

Entangled:  This tribute is a bit more complex as it changes the dynamics of ability every so slightly but synergy has been the winning combination so bear with me.  Entangle will root the target/targets and for x seconds they receive y damage over z amount of time.  On the next cast of Entangle that damage is released from Titania in a wave that heals herself, allies and does collective damage to those targets formerly hit by Tribute (Not specifically entangle) or her other castables

Full Moon:  Titania taunts the opponent by bending over and- ugh pets.  Let's give DE a break.  They seem to want to make pets more entertainment and such.  So how about we throw them a bone?  Full Moon, targets like pets, or summons, PERIOD.  Not just natural animals, but skates, freaking DRONES, those little bastards that drop those death orbs (Sortie level insta-death amirite?) are flocked by butterflies and work for you.  This depends on two things!  If you use a sentinel it applies to robutts.  If you has cat or doge you gets fleshy beasts to fight for you.  The difference being that you have to refresh the duration and if you don't they expire, or turn on you.  If you cancel it they stop doing their work for you?

I don't know I was trying to keep the theme honestly I hate this ability. You know what?  Pass.

I pass

Moving on

Lantern:  Butterflies, smack enemy in face, hover it above ground like three feet, anchored by cool glowing, ephemeral chain, it gets batted about by force but does NOT FLY OFF.  Also allies hitting it get a small heal, like Trin's Vampire, only y'know.. useful? 

Just some ideas chums.  Great forum post!

In sum:

Her one is decent but has problems with enemies flying and getting stuck in places where the system wont auto kill them.

Tributes buff should scale with power strenght and the pet buff needs to by changes. These guys are squishy as hell why would i want them to take more fire?

The lantern needs to be glued to the ground.

Her 4 needs to get some serious chekings as it has horrible problems with collision and material collection.

I think an easy fix to spellbind and lantern would be to increase their gravity over the duration of the ability. Since these abilities essentially remove the affect of gravity on enemies, it shouldn't be too hard. But this increase in gravity over time would keep them closer to the ground and not floating across the ceiling.

Or they could just add a tether, but I don't think spellbind warrants a tether.

I would also like to see Titania get a casting speed buff, as even with natural talent she casts her abilities very slowly.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)eibonMadness said:

I think an easy fix to spellbind and lantern would be to increase their gravity over the duration of the ability. Since these abilities essentially remove the affect of gravity on enemies, it shouldn't be too hard. But this increase in gravity over time would keep them closer to the ground and not floating across the ceiling.

Or they could just add a tether, but I don't think spellbind warrants a tether.

I would also like to see Titania get a casting speed buff, as even with natural talent she casts her abilities very slowly.

Just simply make the enemy into a floating but not free moving object. It shouldnt be that hard to make it stand still.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a notification about someone wanting to talk about Titania!  Yes let's!  What do we want to talk about!  DE made Oberon pretty darn awesome.  For all of the complaints I very much like the changes.  Oberon Prime will be wonderful in my old, humble opinion.  Titania just needs a loving touch up much like Oberon was given.  I think one thing that could also be wonderfully adjusted would be the archwing mode but we all know that because well it's Archwing.  The one thing I desperately want with Titania  is consistency, speed and a smoothness to her abilities.  She's very jerky, very stop and start.  it defies her butterfly-like grace.  I also want more butterflies but I think that murdering things with adorable things is amazing. 

Confirmed Bunny frame.  Monty Python was onto something.  Right?  Right!?