Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it Just Me or The New Store Increased The Amount of Accidental Purchases?

(PSN)Regiampiero

Question

Three years of playing Warframe and never had an issue with accidental purchases in the store. The new store comes along and I've already purchased two items by mistake. Thankfully DE's support staff has been kind enough (not to mention fast) to rectify the situation and reimburse the plat, but I think a UI change is desperately needed to prevent this from happening. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks before I make a feedback thread. 

20 answers to this question

Agree. Especially with the blueprint only.

I thought if I tick blueprint only and when I click on weapons it'll direct me to purchase the blueprint . Instead, it direct me to purchase the weapon with platinum which almost cost my 200p. Then i immediate found this system is bs.

I also always, I think 90% of the time exit the market by accidentally, due to habit of using the old market UI. They should make O, or the back button back to Homepage instead of quitting the market when not in the homepage. But then, it's just because I haven't to get use to.

But the Blueprint only should really change, make it direct to purchase the blueprint instead weapon.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

By pressing X instead of R2 then X. Also the confirmation screen look the same, maybe if they would make the plat purchase confirmation screen silver or gold it be a lot easier to distinguish. 

I say go ahead and make that feedback thread, detailing all this ^ along with what you believe would make a better visual solution to preventing further mishaps.  Though I haven't made any accidental purchases myself, I can say some of the windows and dialogs are poorly placed and visually cumbersome at times.  

7 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

It's still your fault for not reading though. But yes, obviously there are gonna be more accidents with the new UI.

Answer this though, if you were the developer, would you put the paid or the free option first?

I don't have an issue with placing the platinum as default. The problem comes when you go from a system with two completely different pages for plat and not, to one where they're combined and the UI makes it very easy to make a mistake in differentiating between the two. Also, its worth noting that on console (with a controller) its not as easy as scrolling mouse over an clicking. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

20 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

It's still your fault for not reading though. But yes, obviously there are gonna be more accidents with the new UI.

Answer this though, if you were the developer, would you put the paid or the free option first?

Does it matter which comes first when DE already has the money from the plat purchase?

I mean the plat bought before an accidental purchase happens.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
Edit: P.S. and spelling corrections

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I don't have an issue with placing the platinum as default. The problem comes when you go from a system with two completely different pages for plat and not, to one where they're combined and the UI makes it very easy to make a mistake in differentiating between the two. Also, its worth noting that on console (with a controller) its not as easy as scrolling mouse over an clicking. 

There's an option to display Blueprints only.

Should filter about 90% of credit-purchaseable items.

For me the new UI is actually better. I did a plat purchase by accident on the old one as I was sure I'm looking at sentines blueprints while it was the build setinels. Now you know you are always looking at plat option and have to switch to blueprints.

And for sure it is much easier to just browse various groups right now.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Does it matter which comes first when DE already has the money from the plat purchase?

I mean the plat bought before an accidental purchase happens.

If you don't spend your plat then you won't buy any plat. DE cares about platinum going out of circulation as well, because that's what causes people to buy more to add back into the game.

4 minutes ago, Manyc said:

There's an option to display Blueprints only.

Should filter about 90% of credit-purchaseable items.

No, this just displays the items that also have bps, still doesn't block you from buying with platinum by pressing x.

I made my 1st accidental purchase last week and I'm very careful (ended up with both bp and weapon somehow). Support was very helpful, but I do think the store UI is just bad.

Other issues include the inconsistent use of O to backup or exit store. Also I've seen new players confused by the left most category, not thinking it's selectable. 

I know the goal of the devs was to reduce this from happening, but I didn't find it helped at all. I help new players often and they get put off and intimidated because they're confused and think they have to buy everything with plat, I have to tell them to go to the credits tab or mark 'blueprints only' on the bottom. It's sounds silly that people don't get it, but warframe still lacks simplicity that's needed for a user-friendly interface. This is a reallyyy easy way to stop new players from continuing to play warframe, because it's so big and intimidating.