Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about a Gender swap option for our Warframes?!!

(XBOX)Joe Phosphate

I mean the 1 sided ration of female to male frames is just overwelming by itself, but what about a simple gender swap optioin? I am a male player, so if I wish to immerse myself into the role of a super hero of sorts, why would I want to have boobs? I'm not Caitlyn Jenner. My operator looks like a chick also. It seems like this game was tailored and geared more towards a female man-hating player base.

Warframes will likely not have gender swapped versions. If they are going to make a new warframe body they will make it as a new frame.

The first 10 Operator faces are female and give your Operator a female body, the last 10 Operator faces are male and give your Operator a male body.

Side by side comparison here:

Spoiler

9OnpNHj.png

This is an old wanted thing in this game but the devs many times said no then long ago said it is possible in some form but not how in any other mmo work. Sadly here they choosed the class locked genders like many other mmo game.

Some frame in the old time had a male female variant like nyx was mrs excallibur, mag was male and ember was male too but after they come up with open beta they decided they won't make gender options because in that time it wasn't enough rescources to them to make it.

Nowadays it is possible to do but we will see that how they will solve this. They mentionned they will make similar themed frames for this but of course the best would be a normal gender option.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I mean the 1 sided ration of female to male frames is just overwelming by itself

I may be reading this part wrong, but I did a count and, not including prime variants, there are 16 guy frames and 14 girl frames.  How is that overwhelming?

Just now, KillerSiri said:

I may be reading this part wrong, but I did a count and, not including prime variants, there are 16 guy frames and 14 girl frames.  How is that overwhelming?

I think he was trying to imply that he felt that there were too many female 'frames... oddly...

2 minutes ago, KillerSiri said:

He meant that he want to use their powers  for example as male ember. There is frames to choose from and in time will be more but that is not how many peoples wanted this. Old story not likely to happen anytime soon.

Edited by Sziklamester

3 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

He meant that he want to use their powers  for example as male ember. There is frames to choose from and in time will be more but that is not how many peoples wanted this. Old story not likely to happen anytime soon.

I guessed that, I was just curious about the usage of "overwhelming" in the description of girl to guy characters. 

(Also did another count with prime variants, turns out there are more guy primes as well (for now)).

The only possible way I guess is with a deluxe skin making the frame look female, but this topic has been discussed to death already. The frames are gender locked and will remain that way for awhile. Don't get me wrong, would I love the option? Yes because I would make a male mesa.

I also don't play female characters not unless I have no choice to the guy above. I prefer to play to my own gender if the option is available.

3 minutes ago, KillerSiri said:

soo...too many female frames = less than the number of male frames in the game overall?

Apparently so, it would appear that he's just raging in the forums over something he hasn't even spent ten seconds to look into. Including Primes I make it 25 male and 20 female Warframes.

Male: Ash, Ash Prime, Atlas, Chroma, Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, Frost, Frost Prime, Hydroid, Inaros, Limbo, Loki, Loki Prime, Nekros, Nekros Prime, Nezha, Nidus, Oberon, Rhino, Rhino Prime, Vauban, Vauban Prime, Volt, Volt Prime, Wukong.

Female: Banshee, Ember, Ember Prime, Equinox, Ivara, Mag, Mag Prime, Mesa, Nova, Nova Prime, Nyx, Nyx Prime, Saryn, Saryn Prime, Titania, Trinity, Trinity Prime, Valkyr, Valkyr Prime, Zephyr

The problem here is that the amount of work needed is not worth the reward here. 

They would essentially have to make a second different gender skin for every single last frame. And then what about the deluxe and other different skins? Do they have to make an opposite gender skin of each of those too? And mind you this includes animations, not just simply designing a new look. This includes making sure the animations fit with all weapons, etc, etc. 

It's never going to happen and it shouldn't. It would be a gigantic waste of time. 

The best thing you can do is hope for future frames that have a similar theme, but different gender. This is actually easier to do and more creative to do than putting in the work to allow for gender swapping. 

This has already sort of happened in a couple ways. Like how Nezha is (sort of) the male fire frame. Or how there are sneak/trickster frames from both genders, like Loki and Ivara. 

1 minute ago, Littlerift said:

Apparently so, it would appear that he's just raging in the forums over something he hasn't even spent ten seconds to look into. Including Primes I make it 25 male and 20 female Warframes.

Male: Ash, Ash Prime, Atlas, Chroma, Excalibur, Excalibur Prime, Frost, Frost Prime, Hydroid, Inaros, Limbo, Loki, Loki Prime, Nekros, Nekros Prime, Nezha, Nidus, Oberon, Rhino, Rhino Prime, Vauban, Vauban Prime, Volt, Volt Prime, Wukong.

Female: Banshee, Ember, Ember Prime, Equinox, Ivara, Mag, Mag Prime, Mesa, Nova, Nova Prime, Nyx, Nyx Prime, Saryn, Saryn Prime, Titania, Trinity, Trinity Prime, Valkyr, Valkyr Prime, Zephyr

I think you misunderstand what raging is. I am not angry in any way at all. And how many of the male frames are realistically neglegible? I would say that most of the male frame have there uses but far less used and versatile than the female frames. Nit picking isn't going to solve anything. I fell like the numbers SHOULD BE 30 male and 15 female. Why? Because of the gaming industry, that's why. The majority of gamers are male and I do mean normal males. Not creeps with mommy issues or some odd fettish.

Just now, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I think you misunderstand what raging is. I am not angry in any way at all. And how many of the male frames are realistically neglegible? I would say that most of the male frame have there uses but far less used and versatile than the female frames. Nit picking isn't going to solve anything. I fell like the numbers SHOULD BE 30 male and 15 female. Why? Because of the gaming industry, that's why. The majority of gamers are male and I do mean normal males. Not creeps with mommy issues or some odd fettish.

A male mesa with his 4th being called high noon. :satisfied:

Edited by (PS4)Jaztok

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

The majority of gamers are male

I'm going to have to stop you right there and tell you to research before you dig up a hole for yourself with that statement.

Your request of 30 males and 15 females is not going to happen.

Edited by Kai_Shiba

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

Just go away and stop being so adolescent. There should be a roughly equal number of male and female Warframes because that's what equality is about; the male 'frames are not systematically weaker than female 'frames or vice versa; and your point about the ratio being one sided is complete bullS#&$. All of that coupled with your pseudo-transphobia and pathetically fragile ego really isn't go to lead anywhere pretty.

Edited by Littlerift