Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Riven reward

BrilliantSpud

That was a bit of jumping the gun there, to buy all the slots before you were even sure you want to fill your inventory with mods :crylaugh:

That being said, even 2 weeks without getting anything is not outside of the realm of possibility, with how chances go (not at all, actually).

If it makes you feel any better, most Rivens you could get right now from Sorties are worth like 50p on the Trading. Only the very meta ones or the Shotgun Rivens (which are rare) are worth something significant now.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

Glad i'm not the only one. When they first added Rivens i got one every day, then they changed it to an uncommon reward and i got 1 or 2 a Week, and now i haven't gotten one in the past 2 Weeks or so though them being common Reward again.

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

some people here should check this

Or some people should realize how damaging to the game and economy that that kind of system could be.

On Topic: The drop tables are fine, you're just unlucky. I've gotten 4 rivens this week alone. Honestly I want a legendary core.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Or some people should realize how damaging to the game and economy that that kind of system could be.

Oh yes, investment and grind will totally kill the game, especially with what's left of warframe

And sortie still isn't farmable properly to justify so much rng

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

The drop tables are fine

28% 2k endo

12% 4k endo

9.6% pistol riven / 8.6 % rifle riven / 1.6% shotgun riven

And a huge bunch of semi-useless stuff.

the drop table sure is "fine"

Edited by Trichouette

25 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Oh yes, investment and grind will totally kill the game, especially with what's left of warframe

And sortie still isn't farmable properly to justify so much rng

28% 2k endo

12% 4k endo

Oh god, those are the drop rates? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If I wanted Endo, I'd go do Hieracon or ODS/ODD. Enemies there are half the level of Sorties and there's no side effects to deal with.

1 minute ago, KirukaChan said:

Oh god, those are the drop rates? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If I wanted Endo, I'd go do Hieracon or ODS/ODD. Enemies there are half the level of Sorties and there's no side effects to deal with.

Yes this is part of the drop table, I didn't include the catalyst & reactor, which are less rare than shotgun riven by the way.

So while rivens are advertised as "common loot", each riven are split in the drop table.

They are way better ways to get endo, especially since these other ways are "farmable all day long" unlike the sortie.

Edited by Trichouette

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

28% 2k endo

12% 4k endo

And you're assuming every single player doesn't need endo? Hell I need endo. What you find useless another user may need. I still need plenty of lenses, I crave 4k endo. I'm happy with Forma, as I hate building them. and that's a near 20% chance at a riven. That's theoretically 1/5 Sortie runs gives you a riven, which for some reason is the only thing people crave. Not to mention I know plenty of people who play pure F2P and are happy to receive potatoes of both colors.

What's killing the game with a token system is the economy. Plat sales keep the game alive, no game can be 100% F2P. This game already does a really good job of a F2P formula, but plat sales and exclusives keep it afloat. People often buy plat to trade with, this has to happen. If you make expensive things like Legendary Cores, or Rivens (which are already very cheap) easy to obtain then you decrease the need to buy plat. You flood the economy with supply and lower the demand. And then you take away the excitement from Sorties, you make it a chore. It's not something I can spend 30-45 minutes on every day or few days or whenever I want to have a shot at a reward, but you make it to where you have to play 2 or 3 or 5 sorties to be able to buy my reward with yet another currency. It's now a job I have to do, instead of a reward.

Edited by JSharpie
typos

21 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

That was a bit of jumping the gun there, to buy all the slots before you were even sure you want to fill your inventory with mods :crylaugh:

That being said, even 2 weeks without getting anything is not outside of the realm of possibility, with how chances go (not at all, actually).

If it makes you feel any better, most Rivens you could get right now from Sorties are worth like 50p on the Trading. Only the very meta ones or the Shotgun Rivens (which are rare) are worth something significant now.

I do my math and I know what I want. To reach my goal it is essential to gain rivens in sorties. Otherwise my economy cant stand my needs.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

And you're assuming every single player doesn't need endo? Hell I need endo. What you find useless another user may need.

I'm not assuming anything because I used the term "semi-useless", which imply that some people will need it while some other DON'T.

And as we just said, there are way better way to farm endo.

You're jumping to conclusion without even reading posts, as we said countless time in the token thread, the goal is to offer the players the choice to work toward something and to get exclusively something they need instead of something useless to them.

At some point lenses will be useless for every single player, and yet we'll still get plenty of them.

I would even prefer having a goddamn forma or shotgun riven rather than a stupid legendary core.

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

you make it a chore.

Because geting useless rewards everyday doesn't turn this into a chore ? Jeez look around you.

PLENTY of people are sick of this feature simply because it's nowhere near rewarding.

And do you really think "flood the economy with supply" is an argument ? Look at corrupted mods, these are the most expensive mods you can find beside rivens, and they're still super expensive, even though they're farmable 24/7.

You can spend the whole day running derelict vault and make more plats than with one riven.

Until then, players are leaving the game because of how unrewarding most things feel. RNG everywhere and no chance at working toward anything make players bored enough to leave.

28 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

On Topic: The drop tables are fine, you're just unlucky. I've gotten 4 rivens this week alone. Honestly I want a legendary core.

read: "As long as I'm lucky I don't care about your concerns"

Nothing but trash from sorties in the past 15 days now. You think that keeps me playing?

Edited by Snib

1 hour ago, Toran said:

...sell parts or sets and buy the mods I want.

Sure, i could buy rivens instead of doing sorties. Yay! But what would i have achieved in the process? I don't want to buy my progression through the game. Especialy late-end game. I want to feel rewarded for my efforts. I want a sense of accomplishment. And no, doing countless easy missions for primes and hours of eye burning trade chat won't provide this.

---

I'll throw real money at devs if it is clear to me that they at least genuinely TRY to offer a fair amount of fun in return. Even if their prices are a bit high, even if their game is not the best, and even if i don't really want anything from their cash shop. On the contrary, if it becomes obvious that their strategy is to try to make me feel angry and frustrated, in the hope that i'll buy something in order to feel better, then i'll keep my wallet closed. I won't support that kind of practices and i'm not masochist, thanks.

Edited by Robolaser

3 hours ago, Trichouette said:

And as we just said, there are way better way to farm endo.

You'd have to have some unrealistic insane luck and get 10 extractors in a row to pay out 400 Endo to gain 4,000 Endo as fast as doing a sortie and receiving the 4k prize as quick as sorties go. Though I wouldn't count Endo from sorties as "farming" it rather just a nice possible surprise.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

3 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

... I won't support that kind of practices and i'm not masochistic, thanks.

Then gamble or don't do sorties, these are the current remaining options. Getting the mod is just the first step. Making it a good one is the real pain (and the achievement I am after).

You can get almost any mod (crappy versions) out there for 100-200 platinum. Getting this money together by trading is far easier (I sell cheap) than getting a specific mod by doing sorties. Even if I had done all the daily sorties since TWW release, no way would I've gathered all the Riven Mods I currently own. I simply wanted to provide a solution to others who are disappointed by sortie rewards.

And if you're really clever you do radiant-only runs with others for much-sought items like the Ember BP (150-200 P value).

24 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

You'd have to have some unrealistic insane luck and get 10 extractors in a row to pay out 400 Endo to gain 4,000 Endo as fast as doing a sortie and receiving the 4k prize as quick as sorties go. Though I wouldn't count Endo from sorties as "farming" it rather just a nice possible surprise.

Did I say faster ? or "as fast as sortie" ? I said "better", because you can farm extraction for HOURS and get more than 2-4k endo, while the sortie can only be done ONCE per day.

So... between an unfinite farm & grind for endo and a "one chance at a daily reward", I prefer to have the unfinite farm being for endo and the "one daily reward" to be for something interesting.

Don't you ?

2 hours ago, Toran said:

Then gamble or don't do sorties, these are the current remaining options. Getting the mod is just the first step. Making it a good one is the real pain (and the achievement I am after).

You can get almost any mod (crappy versions) out there for 100-200 platinum. Getting this money together by trading is far easier (I sell cheap) than getting a specific mod by doing sorties. Even if I had done all the daily sorties since TWW release, no way would I've gathered all the Riven Mods I currently own. I simply wanted to provide a solution to others who are disappointed by sortie rewards.

And if you're really clever you do radiant-only runs with others for much-sought items like the Ember BP (150-200 P value).

It's a good advice, and indeed it's currently much easier and reliable this way. But i know that already. In fact you could just "play" the market, not the game at all, and get everything you want with a very low initial investment, if that's your thing. I think you didn't understand the part of my post about "sense of accomplishment" (playing the game, not the market) but maybe it's my fault for not wording it correctly? No sarcasm here, english is not my native language.

Please don't mention Ember BP: i tried to farm it actively for a month, and didn't even get one! And no, i don't want to buy it either, for the same reasons i explained.

3 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Extraction missions may not give as much endo per minute as sorties, but close enough with a decent team. Also we get 2k from sorties most of the time, not 4k. And extractions gives plenty of pretty much everything else, too. And, i can do it as long and often as i want. That said, when i only need endo, Rathuum is better by far.

Aaaanyway, OP was about Rivens

Edited by Robolaser

I am in the opposite situation. I burned through all my endo last week and I do not really care about the rivens. I do sorties daily and hoped to get some endo because it seems to drop for everybody. Guess what, I had pistol rivens the last three days in a row. 

9 minutes ago, k05h said:

I am in the opposite situation. I burned through all my endo last week and I do not really care about the rivens. I do sorties daily and hoped to get some endo because it seems to drop for everybody. Guess what, I had pistol rivens the last three days in a row. 

I'm happy to trade 2k endo for each of your rivens, just look me up in game. :)