Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok Riven Reroll or not?

-CG-Rinfumeku

Question

20 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Why is there even a riven for a brand new weapon? How can the true disposition be calculated with such a small sample size?  

They just set it to neutral and will probably tweak it once a better sample is available. Same with other new releases like Hema. The weapon is not "brand new" anymore though for us PC players. 

5 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

They just set it to neutral and will probably tweak it once a better sample is available. Same with other new releases like Hema. The weapon is not "brand new" anymore though for us PC players. 

Yea, but doesn't this open the door to unfair Riven practices when it comes to trading. This neutral rolled mod could be better then a possible faint mod, driving mod trading speculations. Not saying the Javlok in particular will become faint, but it just seems like a bad idea to release a riven there's no usage stats for. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Yea, but doesn't this open the door to unfair Riven practices when it comes to trading. This neutral rolled mod could be better then a possible faint mod, driving mod trading speculations. Not saying the Javlok in particular will become faint, but it just seems like a bad idea to release a riven there's no usage stats for. 

I am sure that, for the most part, the creators themselves can figure out a weapon's potential. So they can put a pretty accurate label of power on brand new weapons, with some exception like oddball weapons like Simulor.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Why is there even a riven for a brand new weapon? How can the true disposition be calculated with such a small sample size?  

Disposition is neutral for new weapons. As time goes on they will adjust it accordingly, after all riven disposition is based on usage not any actual "how well does it kill".

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I am sure that, for the most part, the creators themselves can figure out a weapon's potential. So they can put a pretty accurate label of power on brand new weapons, with some exception like oddball weapons like Simulor.

At release new weapons have a neutral disposition, its not based estimated potential. 

50 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Disposition is neutral for new weapons. As time goes on they will adjust it accordingly, after all riven disposition is based on usage not any actual "how well does it kill".

Did you miss my concern with this system? What happens when next Soma is released? The first few people can roll it as Neutral, and the rest will have to roll it as faint. This would leave unobtainable mods in the game that will completely jack up prices again. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

At release new weapons have a neutral disposition, its not based estimated potential. 

And you guarantee that from a sample of what....2 weapons? Oh, and by 'coincidence', they have surprisingly medium capabilities... So, yeah, you can absolutely 100% guarantee that the Neutral Riven disposition is standard for any new weapon....

I am not saying that is not the case for sure. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, but you seem awfully certain there for no good reasons yet.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

And you guarantee that from a sample of what....2 weapons? Oh, and by 'coincidence', they have surprisingly medium capabilities... So, yeah, you can absolutely 100% guarantee that the Neutral Riven disposition is standard for any new weapon....

I am not saying that is not the case for sure. Maybe it is, maybe it's not, but you seem awfully certain there for no good reasons yet.

They're neutral because that's what they're doing with new weapons, its not my guess. Also you do realize one of the most used new weapon (the Zarr) is also neutral correct? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

They're neutral because that's what they're doing with new weapons, its not my guess. Also you do realize one of the most used new weapon (the Zarr) is also neutral correct? 

Sure, Zarr is a capable weapon, but is also not at a level of power or popularity to warrant being Faint Disposition, especially due to the suicide part of it.

11 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sure, Zarr is a capable weapon, but is also not at a level of power or popularity to warrant being Faint Disposition, especially due to the suicide part of it.

Because the data is not in yet, once the numbers will be in it will be demoted to Faint. What are we talking about here? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Did you miss my concern with this system? What happens when next Soma is released? The first few people can roll it as Neutral, and the rest will have to roll it as faint. This would leave unobtainable mods in the game that will completely jack up prices again. 

It will take it a while to become faint. And by then EVERY javlok riven will be weak. What you're proposing is nothing that isn't already in there. Every riven is unique. As for "first few people" it's all RNG anyway. When it reaches "faint" EVERY javlok riven would be faint, even the ones gotten when Neutral, in case you forgot that. The worse case scenario is people getting used to having a super OP javlok,  and then it suddenly becomes weak/faint, much like what happened to the soma and ect. So...there is no real concern, at least nothing new to be concerned over that hasn't already happened.

7 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

It will take it a while to become faint. And by then EVERY javlok riven will be weak. What you're proposing is nothing that isn't already in there. Every riven is unique. As for "first few people" it's all RNG anyway. When it reaches "faint" EVERY javlok riven would be faint, even the ones gotten when Neutral, in case you forgot that. The worse case scenario is people getting used to having a super OP javlok,  and then it suddenly becomes weak/faint, much like what happened to the soma and ect. So...there is no real concern, at least nothing new to be concerned over that hasn't already happened.

How would existing Rivens become faint in the future? Is DE going to change the stats on every riven by a factor? The rivens that are acquired now are going to be better then those acquired in the future if the disposition is changes to faint and worst if it changes to strong. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

How would existing Rivens become faint in the future? Is DE going to change the stats on every riven by a factor? The rivens that are acquired now are going to be better then those acquired in the future if the disposition is changed. 

This is not the case actually. All riven's that have been gotten can be modifed retroactively, like you said actually. The stats on every riven are modified by a factor. Each weapon(Tigris, simulor, lato, ect) has it's own riven disposition. This riven disposition is what affects the stats of the card, which is why a lato riven can give 400% damage, while a tigris riven can only give like 90%. Changing this value will modify all currently existing riven cards, preventing the very issue you are fearing.

Again, this happened in the first week when riven's first came out, with the simulor/soma, ect riven's all being "Nerfed" even after people had already gotten them and rerolled them 50 times to get their "godly" stats.

10 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

This is not the case actually. All riven's that have been gotten can be modifed retroactively, like you said actually. The stats on every riven are modified by a factor. Each weapon(Tigris, simulor, lato, ect) has it's own riven disposition. This riven disposition is what affects the stats of the card, which is why a lato riven can give 400% damage, while a tigris riven can only give like 90%. Changing this value will modify all currently existing riven cards, preventing the very issue you are fearing.

Again, this happened in the first week when riven's first came out, with the simulor/soma, ect riven's all being "Nerfed" even after people had already gotten them and rerolled them 50 times to get their "godly" stats.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Disposition from my understanding only effects a mod stats on acquisition and re-roll not a constant multiplier. i.e. a strong disposition gun might give you 200% multishot vs. a faint disposition weapon which might give you a max of 50% multishot. Is this wrong? There's nothing on the wiki referring to what you say, so now I don't know if I missed something. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Disposition from my understanding only effects a mod stats on acquisition and re-roll not a constant multiplier. i.e. a strong disposition gun might give you 200% multishot vs. a faint disposition weapon which might give you a max of 50% multishot. Is this wrong? There's nothing on the wiki referring to what you say so now I don't know if I missed something. 

It is a constant multiplier. This is why people were angry in the first days of the game, because their riven mods they had worked so hard to get were suddenly dropped down to like 1/4th of what they were. And the wiki isn't official, it's...well, fan run but it does often have good information. But what you say is actually correct, except it is a constant multiplier.

A strong disposition might give you a 200% multishot, where as a faint might give you 50%, this is correct, how ever should a weapon go from being strong to faint, that 200% multishot will be dropped down to 50%. Simply put all riven mods have a base set of stats, these stats are then multiplied by the weapon's riven disposition, when the riven disposition is modified by DE, this in turn affects all currently existing riven mods, this is also part of the reason WHY riven mods take up server space and why we have a limit as to how many riven mods we can have.

45 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

It is a constant multiplier. This is why people were angry in the first days of the game, because their riven mods they had worked so hard to get were suddenly dropped down to like 1/4th of what they were. And the wiki isn't official, it's...well, fan run but it does often have good information. But what you say is actually correct, except it is a constant multiplier.

A strong disposition might give you a 200% multishot, where as a faint might give you 50%, this is correct, how ever should a weapon go from being strong to faint, that 200% multishot will be dropped down to 50%. Simply put all riven mods have a base set of stats, these stats are then multiplied by the weapon's riven disposition, when the riven disposition is modified by DE, this in turn affects all currently existing riven mods, this is also part of the reason WHY riven mods take up server space and why we have a limit as to how many riven mods we can have.

Well. If this is true I digress, but I've not heard/seen anything regarding this disposition factor being involved in the damage calculations in any of the dev streams nor in patch notes. Also I've not heard anything about Riven hard stats being susceptible to change at any given time. 

Anyways, apologies to the OP for the minor detour.