Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just got War from stalker and build it. So... War? or Galatine prime?

Kronxito

Question

I dont like war's impact damage but I like war's guaranteed impact procs on enemies.

I like slash damage on galatine (effective against all factions).

Any good build for war? is war better than galatine prime? is galatine prime better than war? have the 2 weapons the same effectiveness at end game?

Thank you all.

P.S.: I'm actually using maiming atterax :-P

15 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

I dont like war's impact damage but I like war's guaranteed impact procs on enemies.

I like slash damage on galatine (effective against all factions).

Any good build for war? is war better than galatine prime? is galatine prime better than war? have the 2 weapons the same effectiveness at end game?

Thank you all.

P.S.: I'm actually using maiming atterax :-P

You can figure that out really fast if you look at the amount of base damage and attack speed they have, not to mention their damage types....

Galatine Prime. The default skin of the Galatine Prime actually makes it look like a somewhat modern great sword, whereas the War looks like a bunch of discarded Christmas lights strewn across a plexiglas board. I mean, sure, if that's what you like, the War's got everything you need. For effectiveness, the Galatine Prime is simply much better.

Galatine Prime. It has insane base damage, decent speed, very good for crit builds (starts redcritting fast with Bloodrush), decent reach, the Bull Spinning combo from Cleaving Whirlwind is amazing and you can even get a fair number of slash procs from it. 

It was released to be the best straight-up fighting melee in the game.

Ugh. I should further elaborate on why Galantine is so much better than War.

The obvious is that Galantine Prime has more base damage and more attack speed.

The less obvious is that Galantine Prime is 90% Slash damage, which means it's a great candidate for a pure physical build. A pure physical build is unmatched in it's ability to shred through high level armored enemies via Bleed procs. It also happens to be decent against Corpus but in the case of Corpus you'd still be better off with pure Toxic to completely bypass shields and get some extra Slash procs in there every once in a while which also ignore shields.

Being that it has better base damage you will get more Pure Toxic damage against Corpus and more front-end damage against Infested. The extra bleed procs simply add onto that damage output in case an enemy actually survives a swing.

Honestly, nothing but Atterax really comes close to Galantine Prime when it comes to damage output and build diversity.

If you hadn't already built War I'd say IMO a better way to look at it is this:

Broken-war & Galatine Prime 
vs
War

And I'd take the first over the second all day long.

As to War vs Galatine Prime, this is one of those reoccurring topics that seems to want to reoccurring. 

It's already pretty covered on GP being "better" but here's some previous thread that might be of interest.

War Vs Galatine Prime

Should War be buffed, now that the Galatine Prime is out?

There's probably others but that's also probably already plenty too. ;-)

Cheers!
~R~

7 hours ago, Cat__Nap said:

War is still really, really strong, so if you like the aesthetics that much, you could still use it. Sadly, Galatine is much, much more powerful overall. I wish it wasn't, because I'd love to bring my War out more often.

I bring mine out anyway.

But then, I enjoy running with my two 8-forma-build Latos (Yes, that's two Latos with 8 forma each), so what do I know?

Edited by DeltaPhantom