Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is my hek worth it?

elitetrollz

Question

Yo guys. i spend almost a week for just making a good build for hek. 5 days for making formas and 2 days for leveling it up. but i tried fighting corrupted vor solo, it seem that it doesn't do damage on it. compared to my tonkor, which has a less damage base but more critical mutiplier, only 1 or 2 shot corrupted vor. 

Can someone tell me whats wrong in my build? i am not home yet so probably ill post of my build soon. but my build is just a corrosive build with multishot mods and damage (i dont have primed mod that make ur damage higher for shotguns. i forgot the name cause im nub)

Can someone send me ur hek build? The build that doesnt need the primed mod thing. Im really poor at credits and im lazeh to farm.

Tyvm

11 answers to this question

The thing i see in this might be the elemental damage, you not need status to cause it basicly only the effect like with fire to set them on fire, but oyu sitll deal fire damge on each shot.

Basicly this wohudl be on the Tonkor (Explosion) and the Hek (Puncture). I do belive Explosion is more effective on him while on the Hek it shares its Damage with partly Impact and Slash still with Impact only having good effect on his shield while on his Armor it is a Malus again.

You really do need Primed Point Blank to make any shotgun good, but my Hek does quite well with Primed Point Blank R8, Vicious Spread, Blaze, Scattered Justice, and all 4 60% elementals. If you don't have Vicious Spread, Seeking Fury is another good CC mod, and it helps with the constant reloads required by the 4 shot mag.

The Hek is the only early-game I still play regularly. It still does a great job in sorties, Rathuum arenas or Index arenas. No forma is wasted. I have 5 on it.

But be aware to shoot enemies point blank. This is no range weapon. Pick a tanky frame and do the Face Mc Shooty thing.

The mods I have on every build are: primed pressure point, hell's chamber and scattered justice. charged shell and contagious spread will add the corrosive damage you need. The other two slots can be filled whatever you like. I prefer tactical pump to shoot more in less time.

15 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Do you have the augment mod from Steel Meridian?

Yes.

13 hours ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

CrSswJ2.jpg

H5OE2FK.jpg

If you got the primed mods Vaykor hek is better 

you hek build is almost similar to mine but i do not have the prime point blank and the toxic barrage.

13 hours ago, k05h said:

The Hek is the only early-game I still play regularly. It still does a great job in sorties, Rathuum arenas or Index arenas. No forma is wasted. I have 5 on it.

But be aware to shoot enemies point blank. This is no range weapon. Pick a tanky frame and do the Face Mc Shooty thing.

The mods I have on every build are: primed pressure point, hell's chamber and scattered justice. charged shell and contagious spread will add the corrosive damage you need. The other two slots can be filled whatever you like. I prefer tactical pump to shoot more in less time.

i used my trinity and faced to faced corrupted vor. my hek do less damage than my sonicor :/

so i need to get det primed point blank. GAHHHH im lazy to farm the credits to get primed mods. i think ill just wait for baro....

ty for the help peeps

23 minutes ago, elitetrollz said:

so i need to get det primed point blank. GAHHHH im lazy to farm the credits to get primed mods. i think ill just wait for baro....

Not necessarily. It will give you more damage but I think you struggle because you have the wrong type of damage. You said that you modded for corrosive and more damage in general. That means you do mostly corrosive and puncture damage against Cor. Vor. And I guess that you do not have a 100% status build (shotguns need 100% status to proc reliably). Therefore going for puncture and corrosive against Cor. Vor does not really help.

Look at the Cor Vor's weaknesses: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Vor_(Corrupted). If you cannot build for 100% status you have to choose other elemental combinations to bring him down fast. With the limited mod space you described I would go for radiation and cold. Cold is nice agains the shields and radiation against his alloy amor. - This is the combination I used for Rathuum arenas. 

Edited by k05h

Short answer: No

Long answer: the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vaykor_Hek is  alot better when you start adding forma to it. At first the normal hek may be better because of that syndicate mod... but at the end and many forma later, Vaykor Hek wins. Higher fire rate, larger ammo magazine, high crit chance. End game Vaykor Hek wins

Edited by Krhymez

4 hours ago, elitetrollz said:

you hek build is almost similar to mine but i do not have the prime point blank and the toxic barrage.

The primed mod only matters when you start doing sortie level content.  The normal mod is more than powerful enough for anything you see on the start charts (up to level ~40).

Also, the Hek is NOT a status weapon since you fall short of 100% status chance which is critical for a status based shotgun.  You would be much better off using the 90% element mods on it to pack on even more damage.

5 forma

-(Primed) Point Blank

-Hell's Chamber 

-Scattered Justice

-Seeking Fury

-Contagious Spread

-Charged Shell

-Blaze

-Incendiary Coat 

The only shotguns you should use status on is the Tigris Prime and the Boar Prime. Status is complicated on shotguns and it's only gonna benefit you if you have 100% status. So the shotgun has to have a base 30% status chance or higher.