The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ssso i'm burn out. hiatus and suggestions.

Sirfol

Ok i finally completed my last prime gear and now i have all prime shinies. i tryed and mastered all frames, all types of weapons, and cured myself from vacuum dependency (it's like a drug).

This games had me occupied for a year and half, with a 1500 hours of gameplay, the money i spent where well spent, the time i put meaningful and fun.

The game had his ups and down but overall is doing well, the community will whine about everything everyday like the faithful community it is. Probably it will be the same even if i return, so instead to whine about RNG, whine about sorties and whine about things and search for a fault in every nook and cranny to pass my time i decided to stop for a while and let the game grow, i don't know how much time, but i'm sure i will return.

Why? it's not because of the combat or RNG or AW or Conclave or whatever thing. I'm burn out on the only thing this game do really well: Kill.

I'm tired of killing things.

So, i'm downloading PoE to try it out, i saw some good opinions on the game so i give it a shoot, just to change the genere a little. but i'm sure i will not stay there much if it doesn't hook me.

I'm here asking to the seasoned players if they know a game with this characteristic to recharge my batteries. It has to be online and F2P (when i will have the money i will buy and sub to FFXIV but until then...):

• Need a good crafting system, i don't ask nothing special, just something good and deep enough to have a impact on my gameplay and make the crafting meaningfull.
  • Decent Graphic, i'm not asking warframe level, but not ryzom either.
  • Open World. Not too much pvp based and not too much P2W.
  • I'll prefer not sci-fi, only warframe is the sci-fi game of my heart.
  • No Tera, Dinasty warrior and others Arc Games.
Edited by Sirfol

I think you're making a good decision, a lot of other old players need to do the same instead of just being salty over DE's recent decisions all day. Warframe will always be waiting for you to come back and I'm sure it will be way better when you do. Also PoE is a great choice, thinking about coming back to it soon as well.

17 minutes ago, Sirfol said:
  • Need a good crafting system, i don't ask nothing special, just something good and deep enough to have a impact on my gameplay and make the crafting meaningfull.
  • Decent Graphic, i'm not asking warframe level, but not ryzom either.
  • Open World. Not too much pvp based and not too much P2W.
  • I'll prefer not sci-fi, only warframe is the sci-fi game of my heart.
  • No Tera, Dinasty warrior and others Arc Games.

Well-modded Minecraft.

But to be more serious, not many F2P PvE games have great crafting systems these days, and what few do aren't fully released yet. I personally can't think of any games that meet what you have there, even with the 'no sci-fi' preference ignored. PvE crafting seems to have hit it's heyday with Minecraft and Terraria and their respective spinoffs.

One free-to-play option is Unturned, but it's graphics are far worse than what you seem interested in.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

First of all I have to tell you the same, it's a nice and healthy decision. 

Have you played Guild Wars 2? It made me have a good time with it. It does everything you're asking here and it's really fun. The only bad thing is that end-game content relies heavily on buying its expansion, but until you reach that point you have a big amount of content to enjoy. 

PoE is great, and the only other F2P game I've put a lot of time into. 
Be VERY sure to find a good build direction before you start dumping stat points. Everything is 100% reversible in that game, BUT it will take wayyy too long. Just have an idea of what you want before wasting a whole character slot XD
I really enjoyed using a Fire-Blast Witch build. Explosions. Always good.

6 minutes ago, Xionema said:

First of all I have to tell you the same, it's a nice and healthy decision. 

Have you played Guild Wars 2? It made me have a good time with it. It does everything you're asking here and it's really fun. The only bad thing is that end-game content relies heavily on buying its expansion, but until you reach that point you have a big amount of content to enjoy. 

Whoa 45 euro, but i know it's a great game so they will surely be well spent, if i'm not wrong it's B2P. While FFXIV can be a valid alternative i'm really torn between the 2.

Path of Exile is a good game. Should redownload it myself. Might I suggest XCOM 2? I know it isn't free but get a couple mods on it to crank up the difficulty and go to town.

As said previously, Warframe will be here when you return. We all need to take a break every once in a while from any game we play continuously. Burn out happens. See you when you get back Tenno.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

Path of Exile is a good game. Should redownload it myself. Might I suggest XCOM 2? I know it isn't free but get a couple mods on it to crank up the difficulty and go to town.

As said previously, Warframe will be here when you return. We all need to take a break every once in a while from any game we play continuously. Burn out happens. See you when you get back Tenno.

Xcom2 is title i want to play, i love xcom and was absolutely in love for the sheer amount of tactics u can take in this franchise. I'm pratically don with TheWitcher 3 and only the expansions remains to play.

For the online genere i need to choose between FFXIV and Guild Wars 2.

I could say some ftp games or mmos but I am sure that won't help for you. When I am bored I have tons of games to choose from. I can suggest the spiral knights that can be fun but I am too old for it or I can say starbound. That is not free but cheap and that is also grindy but can be fun sometimes. There are a tons of craftable stuffs and mods which make even better. If you can stand the pixel graphic.

6 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I could say some ftp games or mmos but I am sure that won't help for you. When I am bored I have tons of games to choose from. I can suggest the spiral knights that can be fun but I am too old for it or I can say starbound. That is not free but cheap and that is also grindy but can be fun sometimes. There are a tons of craftable stuffs and mods which make even better. If you can stand the pixel graphic.

ok not my genere and i know this is the only the combat, but the graphic....ugh metals slug x worm 2D. if it was 3D i would istabuy it tough xD.

And that music is catchy *_*

3 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

it might be  dumb, but world of warcraft or diablo 3 ? i love em.

tryed with a coop 4 person (same console), u can finish diablo in a day, if u want u can put ridicoulus difficulties but it's simply not my drift. WOW well...i don't like the button mashing of the game, great world building, but i don't like the static gameplay.

Edited by Sirfol

GW2 is an advisor, base game is free, and believe me, base game GW2 has a lot, it kept me going for months. Though they do sell their expansion Heart of Thorns as B2P, and you can expect all future expansions to require HoT.

https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/play-for-free#g1

Also, good on you for knowing when to stop, never good to force yourself to keep playing something you're clearly experiencing a burnout with.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

23 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

GW2 is an advisor, base game is free, though they do sell their expansion Heart of Thorns as B2P, and you can expect all future expansions to require HoT.

Also, good on you for knowing when to stop, never good to force yourself to keep playing something you're clearly experiencing a burnout with.

When you feel ur drive dim slowly out it means it time to stop, 1500 hours of continuous warframe, sooner or later it happens in all games and when that time comes ur doing a disservice to urself AND to the game if u continue to play when u don't find it fun anymore. But i'm sure i will return BECAUSE i put 1500 hours in the game, so the game is good and offer more hours of gameplay to many AAA titles out there. Sometime u need to change the pace for really appreciating what u had.

(thanks for adding the link was searching exactly for that) xD.

Edit: Now i have PoE and guild wars 2 to try xD

Edited by Sirfol

42 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

When you feel ur drive dim slowly out it means it time to stop, 1500 hours of continuous warframe, sooner or later it happens in all games and when that time comes ur doing a disservice to urself AND to the game if u continue to play when u don't find it fun anymore. But i'm sure i will return BECAUSE i put 1500 hours in the game, so the game is good and offer more hours of gameplay to many AAA titles out there. Sometime u need to change the pace for really appreciating what u had.

(thanks for adding the link was searching exactly for that) xD.

Edit: Now i have PoE and guild wars 2 to try xD

I reckon you'll have fun with GW2, you'll experience very little saltiness, there's no fighting over things like loot or anything, you'll see when you try.

3 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I reckon you'll have fun with GW2, you'll experience very little saltiness, there's no fighting over things like loot or anything, you'll see when you try.

Yeah, it has several great things, like well-distributed resources around the map (each resource has some tiers, and each tiers grows within its level area, it's really intuitive) or a in-game automatic market (something that warframe really needs honestly). It also has PvP (meh), and world vs world (what is actually funny when you work in it with your guild), but PvE/crafting has enough amount of hours by itself. There's also a big "exploration" factor, with collections, puzzles...

I have been going back to Secret World off and on since it came out and I will be going back to SW soon. If you don't mind a modern setting and like horror stuff in general, I'd say give it a shot. The class creation system is really good because it's really open ended. The crafting has some puzzle-ish elements to it. The game is not all that bad looking either. Lastly the quests are pretty robust and have some puzzle/research elements to them. So you won't be bogged down by kill x of these or fetch me x of these quests.