Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tapping In To KKK Radio? What's Going On?

CrazyYanmega

Okay. So about half an hour ago I joined a public Defense mission for a Meso Fissure. When I got into the session, some weird music started up. I thought it might be an ad from an open web page, so I turned into a puddle at a chokepoint and accessed my browser. But no web page was making the noise. I opened my volume mixer and the mixer indicated the sounds were coming from Warframe, and were still occuring even though my game was minimized. I got back into the game and started actually trying to listen to what was being played. It seems that Warframe somehow tapped into the KKK Propaganda Radio or something.

I'd rather not discuss what I heard, but can someone explain to me WHAT THE F**K JUST HAPPENED?

I am feeling very disturbed,and I unfortunately closed the game before realizing I should have recorded evidence.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Were yo playing in a public match. Maybe some guy on team chat had is mic on and was listening to that. 

It was. But I asked the entire party and no-one else could hear anything. Unless I joined a team of 3 who were all in on the "joke," which I feel is extremely unlikely.

1 minute ago, CrazyYanmega said:

It was. But I asked the entire party and no-one else could hear anything. Unless I joined a team of 3 who were all in on the "joke," which I feel is extremely unlikely.

Those type of people don't respond to you because they don't even have the headset on, they just leave the mic to troll and make people feel uncomfortable. Next time just mute them and move on. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

2 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

I was unaware that people actually use voice chat in public matches. 

My friend refuses to re-install Skype and I refuse to use facebook, so we use Warframe's voice chat functionality.

Not pretending it's common ofc, but some do use it.

13 minutes ago, CrazyYanmega said:

Okay. Thanks for the info. Still don't know how they managed to keep it going with the game minimized though.

I alt tab out of the game alot, I don't recall missing any part of my friends conversations. I may be misremembering but I believe you can still hear the voice chat whilst Warframe's in the background.

I may of course merely be imagining what they said. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

My friend refuses to re-install Skype and I refuse to use facebook, so we use Warframe's voice chat functionality.

Not pretending it's common ofc, but some do use it.

There are another programs that can be used.

Example: Discord is a simple program and it have Voice chat. It can be used direct from the browser or installed in your machine.
Lighter than Skype (RAM, cpu, etc), and works on Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android.
You can create servers too and give permission to the users.
F O R   F R E E 

So it will be a big bad excuse if he won't install it.

(this is not an ad, just trying to help someone from the voice chat of warframe and the people that eat the mic while having a seizure)

On 1/27/2017 at 8:28 AM, CrazyYanmega said:

Some of us can't hear anything because we turn off the voice function entirely, so keep that in mind. It could easily have been you and one other person with voice on and nobody else could hear it because two literally couldn't and one of them was trolling you.

Hey CrazyYanmega! 

As people are saying it sounds like you came across a player who had the voice option enabled and their mic was catching whatever audio they had playing. In any instance, if you come across inappropriate behavior and/or content from another player we encourage you to report it to support. Evidence is crucial, so if you come across anything that violates the EULA, TOS, or Guidelines please capture it either by screenshot or (in this case) video. 

The last thing we want is for anyone to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. We do not condone or support malicious/hateful behavior, and do our best to maintain and protect the thriving community you guys continue to be a part of. 

That said, thank you for reporting! This thread will now be closed.