Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming to purchase more farming.

DeMonkey

To be honest this is better than farming axi for hours on Hieracon. Ducat farming has more variety and you won't have to try find that single A2 axi over 10 others axis only on rotation C.

Basically

First step: farm ducats instead of farming the single relic.

Second step: get the relic for about one uncommon relic drop each.

Third step: farm the items inside that this time are ALL in only one relic which makes the actual famring less time consuming than having to find one item for 4 different relics.

This is not more time consuming than other AXI relics of the past.

@the above posters (on my phone).

Consider that this item is only available once every 2 weeks, creating artificial scarcity that doesn't even need to be a thing in the first place.

Have Baro sell it, sure. But why refuse to put it in missions so its actually farmable for those who can't get on at weekends? 

As far as I'm concerned this is a step backwards, it's easier to farm for vets but for newer players this is just bad.

Not MR8 and Baro's at Pluto? Denied.

Not got any relics currently? Jump through a bunch of different hoops to have a chance at the part you want.

2 minutes ago, H3addy said:

How's this different than any other weapon/accesory sold by him?

Well, with a weapon you have access to it immediately.  No RNG, no dropping Void Traces to skew drop rates, just click, click, ta da! new weapon!

With the Relics, you have to run multiple missions and wind up with repeat parts, and due to Baro's limited availability, you might be stuck one part away from having your weapon when he leaves.  Now you have to wait two weeks for another round of Relic farming.

Yes, buying from other players is an option, but not everyone has the plat, parts to sell for plat, nor interest in dealing with Warframes...unique trading community.

2 minutes ago, H3addy said:

How's this different than any other weapon/accesory sold by him?

He isn't selling it. 

He's selling you the chance to get it. 

Why is he even selling it? The whole point of fissure missions is prime farming, why start making certain primes Baro only? 

Why make it a timed exclusive farm?

And most importantly, why is it an extra layer of grind?

For months now people on the forums have been growing increasingly vocal about the increase in grind. And yet it is continually increased.

I don't particularly mind having to buy the relic. I do mind it being part of a rotated inventory (in which I can't buy in-bulk) that only appears every fortnight, and the whole thing being a giant circle of farming. Farm, sell, buy (one at a time), then repeat farming. Somewhere in there is the slow farming for reactant, unless boosting.

If the relic came from another shop, something more permanent outside the chain of prime things that would be great. Something like the sortie token system suggested in devstream 66, 'here go play another part of the game (that isn't just regular play) for a while then come back with more relics'. Not ideal but still it breaks the chain a bit so the player isn't always on relics, reactant, and ducats.

7 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Yikes, missed that. Scrolled through every page a bit too fast it seems.

Tsk tsk.

9 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

I don't particularly mind having to buy the relic. I do mind it being part of a rotated inventory (in which I can't buy in-bulk) that only appears every fortnight, and the whole thing being a giant circle of farming. Farm, sell, buy (one at a time), then repeat farming. Somewhere in there is the slow farming for reactant, unless boosting.

If the relic came from another shop, something more permanent outside the chain of prime things that would be great. Something like the sortie token system suggested in devstream 66, 'here go play another part of the game (that isn't just regular play) for a while then come back with more relics'. Not ideal but still it breaks the chain a bit so the player isn't always on relics, reactant, and ducats.

Something tells me you don't like having to buy it one at a time...

Yeah, I'd acquiesce to it being a permanent ware, however I'd want it to be a proper exchange where any relic could be traded for, not just the Axi A2. I'm still not keen on the whole farming to purchase more farming thing but whatever, this way it would be... fairer perhaps. And it wouldn't be limited to people who can get online over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Well, 7 pages, bound to miss something.

Seriously? We can't stockpile these things?

You can, but you can't buy multiple at once like you can in the market. As in, if you want to buy 10 of them you have to select the item and press buy 10 times.

Edited by DeMonkey

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Why is he even selling it? The whole point of fissure missions is prime farming, why start making certain primes Baro only? 

The point of fissures is to farm prime parts, but you're not getting the relics from it. Baro selling it, is just another source. Fissure missions have nothing to do with this.

Plus, the grind you have to go through is minimal, everyone farming prime parts have some spare/unwanted that can be sold for ducats, the price is non existent. How many of these relics needed to get the parts depends on luck, tho. 

Wait, is this true? Wow... this is very disappointing... I was already turn down with the already overwhelming RNG grind... Sigh... I guess I will never be able to bring over my real life friends, as none of them have been able to play the game for more than a few days before getting discourage because of the intimidating time consuming way to get stuff...(real life responsibilities and all that stuff that keeps us from playing all day) 

Warframe is turning out to be not casual friendly that's for sure, at least in the West... Im sure my Chinese gaming buddies must love it. 

Darn this sucks... this game is so cool I really like it... I guess I should wait this out, it always happens in online games that start to grow big... The dark ages period were things get a bit difficult for everyone as the game tries to find its balance.

I think Ill keep away from the forums...for a bit... let the game surprise me or read the news elsewhere where it doesn't tell the bad side of it, because just reading to whats up its...turning me down a bit to much to play. Time for a bit of Skyrim then play warframe after I start missing it, if its not to late at night. :satisfied:

Im still root for you DE, hang in there Im sure you will find your center at some point. Even if not Im a fan for life, still have so much cool stuff to celebrate, so keep the good work!

Spoiler

PS: I wonder if the new infested pet will have its prime version like this too? :shocked:

Edited by 0zryel

8 hours ago, AerinSol said:

As if they didn't want to lose revenue. They would have made $70 off me if it wasn't for their resent decisions. This is the final nail on the coffin. You can beg if something happens and you need an influx of money to save yourself. I won't give you anything Digital Extremes.

Yup, tired of DE's attitude. They don't seem to care at all about the players. Nerf/grind etc is making the game more miserable. I have stopped supporting them long ago. I just log in and log off and have put my money into better games early access/cbt etc. There are more cool games coming this year. So, I guess the best thing is to stop buying plats if you aren't happy and go play some other better games(and put your money there instead of here).

Thanks DE for the most convenient way to acquire an Axi relic yet. I don't understand the rage here at all, I for one am very happy about how this was done, in particular because the relics were as good as free due to the ducats cash-back from failed runs. Hope to see more like this!

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

@the above posters (on my phone).

Consider that this item is only available once every 2 weeks, creating artificial scarcity that doesn't even need to be a thing in the first place.

Have Baro sell it, sure. But why refuse to put it in missions so its actually farmable for those who can't get on at weekends? 

As far as I'm concerned this is a step backwards, it's easier to farm for vets but for newer players this is just bad.

Not MR8 and Baro's at Pluto? Denied.

Not got any relics currently? Jump through a bunch of different hoops to have a chance at the part you want.

It's far more accessible than event weapons like Latron Prime via invasions and certainly more so than vaulted items (as it's a prime). You have all weekend to get the relic RNG FREE for ducats available on any relic which can drop from dozens of nodes.

How is this easier to farm for vets? Ducats are ducats be they from Mars or Eris. Not MR8? He will be back In a couple of weeks on Venus etc. Meanwhile your not MR8... Farm ducats and traces an d as pre-MR8 you hardly need a set of Prime pistols. Theres hundred of other weapons to acquire instead.

No relics on hand? Easy to farm them, just farm ANY and get them ducats in... You need only FIFTY per relic, he asks often six or seven times that for cosmetics. A relic which is literally only AkLex parts and forma, run with a party (not hard when everyone is farming then) and at very least avoid the forma. Getting parts you don't want? Naughty range... Trade them for more ducats. Hell just run with a friend use a different Axi relic and pilfer his reward ignoring yours... Win, win, win.

This is win beyond all wins vs normal prime acquisition - I hands on heart am stunned at people not happy. I'm with H3adsh0t and co, this is wonderful to see an easy to acquire prime weapon on Baro for a change. Every youtuber I sub to had it within hours, DE Kickbot himself got the hardest part on his second run. Some people are never happy, shame that but I hope it does not put DE off doing it again.

The more i think about this Void Trader visit the more i realize that the whole add AkLex Prime into the game via Baro Ki'Teer was a last minute decision. I'm pretty sure that they didn't prepared anything new for Baro this time and that's why they added AkLex Prime via new Relic sold from Void Trader.

51 minutes ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

or the fact that DE seems to think 1% is a good drop rate for anything rare so have fun getting nothing but forma from them 95% of the time.

The Rare part of a relic isn't as low as 1% even as a default. Refine them and run with 3 others = no forma worries for you my friend!

Honestly after the Hema farce some of you consider THIS a grind? Lol. I just wish relics were always like this - all parts of a prime included in certain relics.