Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There are other ways to become a Warframe?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

As I understand it, normal Humans are capable of transferance as well, but it requires utter concentration and skill to pull off. Tenno are capable of using transferance as easily as breathing. Normal humans can also lose themselves to the transferance, becoming forever trapped in what they currently possess. Which might be what happened to Stalker. However Tenno are immune to such a side-effect.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Xaevryn said:

As I understand it, normal Humans are capable of transferance as well, but it requires utter concentration and skill to pull off. Tenno are capable of using transferance as easily as breathing. Normal humans can also lose themselves to the transferance, becoming forever trapped in what they currently possess. Which might be what happened to Stalker. However Tenno are immune to such a side-effect.

I wouldn't mind being trapped in a Warframe :3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

What do you mean?

Just a short time in Transference is a mental strain for a normal human, and once you've finished the Silver Grove quest you see what happens to one that tried to do it for an extended time. Their mind becomes lost and degraded to the point they no longer seem to know who or what they are.

Parts of them still exist and linger, but you are no longer you.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Just a short time in Transference is a mental strain for a normal human, and once you've finished the Silver Grove quest you see what happens to one that tried to do it for an extended time. Their mind becomes lost and degraded to the point they no longer seem to know who or what they are.

Well... Maybe they should have written notes for their future selves lol

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

*whistles* 

Btw, was the Silver Grove quest a good quest? Close to Mastery 7.

It was alright. Not much more that I can say about it without risking spoilers, though.

Edited by SortaRandom

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

It was alright. Not much more that I can say about it without risking spoilers, though.

More or less what my good pal here said about the quest, except this part:

You'll have to scan, quite alot.

And a small tip: Earth has night and day time. Each one lasts 4h.

To see which time is it at earth, use this site: https://deathsnacks.com/wf/ (also has alert timer and so on)

Edited by devildevil21

2 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

"masters of the Warframe armor" - Steam description

This pretty much implies there you don't have to be a Tenno to be a Warframe? And the Tenno are known to be "masters" of this armor.

Or has this been retconned with the Second Dream? 

No, it doesn't.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Parts of them still exist and linger, but you are no longer you.

Silver Grove Spoilers:

Spoiler

In the silver grove, an intentional choice was made to remain in the grove in order to produce a "living" forest - nothing was mentioned about losing yourself due to extended time frames or whatnot, but it is a strain. So it's possible to transfer into things that aren't technically human, but lacking the void powers, it's unlikely for anyone to be able to use an actual Warframe.

Stalker Spoilers:

Spoiler

The Lotus informs you during the Second Dream quest that the stalker went crazy after finding out about transference and the moon. It's likely the stalker either is a tenno, just an insane / loyal one, or is something equivalent to a Dax who has access to transference technology somehow. The stalker doesn't appear to have actual void powers, though; just the ability to cancel things out, which is why I don't think he's an actual Tenno.

War Within Spoilers:

Spoiler

It's likely that transference technology is an off shoot of the Orokin technology used to possess other people. While it could be argued this lead to their madness, there's enough other lore to suggest the Orokin were already corrupt and it's very likely the Tenno took them out to ease the overall suffering of the general populations.

Edited by Squick

12 minutes ago, Squick said:

Silver Grove Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

In the silver grove, an intentional choice was made to remain in the grove in order to produce a "living" forest - nothing was mentioned about losing yourself due to extended time frames or whatnot, but it is a strain. So it's possible to transfer into things that aren't technically human, but lacking the void powers, it's unlikely for anyone to be able to use an actual Warframe.

Stalker Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

The Lotus informs you during the Second Dream quest that the stalker went crazy after finding out about transference and the moon. It's likely the stalker either is a tenno, just an insane / loyal one, or is something equivalent to a Dax who has access to transference technology somehow. The stalker doesn't appear to have actual void powers, though; just the ability to cancel things out, which is why I don't think he's an actual Tenno.

War Within Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

It's likely that transference technology is an off shoot of the Orokin technology used to possess other people. While it could be argued this lead to their madness, there's enough other lore to suggest the Orokin were already corrupt and it's very likely the Tenno took them out to ease the overall suffering of the general populations.

Actually you are missing something from Silver Grove.

Ballas is beyond pleased... but when I look at what I've built... at Titania, I feel sick creep up my throat. I hate her, a killer made by a healer. No more. I'm going back to where I belong, no matter the cost. I'm going back to the trees to find myself again.

These past weeks, I've been secretly testing Transference on myself. I can only survive short bursts - linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand. I've never felt anything like it. A tortured presence, like an evil ink, staining my mind. But... it worked. I'm going to use this wrong to make right.

I'll stowaway with Earth-bound cargo. Just my apothics and these slapdash Somatics I've stolen. By nightfall I'll be home again in my tent under those bitter, acid skies. This time I'm going to fix it. I will seed a mighty forest, stronger than history... and by my will, use it to bring life.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I'm sure the bio of Warframe on steam was created way, way early in its development to know where the game was gonna go in terms of lore.

Well the term armor isn't just for what we wear, tanks are considered Mobile armor..... So technically it is correct.

Warframes are essentially just a future version of a tank.... Or well a fighting vehicle.

There's also the problem with unreliable narrators. Much of Warframe's lore is wrapped around narrative accounts so there are things that the narrator has little knowledge or straight up misinformation. The warframes being an "armor" is most likely what the Orokin rulers presented the Tenno to be. But even the regular soldiers know that they look 'off' (per Mag Prime description) because we know no armor from the Orokin era looked like the warframes (per the bodysuits of the denizens of the solar system and Dax armor of Teshin). The regular Orokin citizen would have been suspicious of these "mysterious warriors clad in metal armor" as they had never seen the actual people supposedly inside them. And the Orokin rulers would just say: 

"oh yea they're just warrior dudes in special armor, nothing weird. They're totally not god-like children that we feared so much using remote control while dreaming so we could control them".

From Silver Grove quest,

we know that it is possible to do a sort of permanent Transference even by people not from the Z10-0. The Orokin even used it to stay immortal although they obviously did it to another living body. Permanent Transference might be a clue to the secret behind the Stalker and his acolytes.