Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement speed

Mawula

Question

I have a question - is the movement/running speed depending on something rather than my use of controls (shift+w for running + jumps)?

My Excalibur can't move as quick as other players' frames. I used to think it's because of me being lousy (and yes, it is a reason), but maybe there is a way to make him run faster? Sometimes I can't even get to extraction in time!

12 answers to this question

There are a few variables when it comes to movement speed, including warframe stats, abilities and mods. Some warframe are naturally faster than others due to sprint stats, or an ability that pushes them forward as well as more basic movement options that all warframe share.

Excalibur's first ability, slash dash, is a good ability to use for movement when modded properly and can be used to push you forward if you feel you are falling behind.

There is a mod called "Rush" that increases sprint speed, but what is more likely is that other players are utilizing slides (Sprinting + crouching) which gives a small but noticable boost to forward movement, as well as bullet jumping (Crouch + Jump) which gives another noticable boost to forward momentum. 

I would suggest going to your codex (To the left of navigation) looking under advanced movement and clicking on the tutorial in the bottom right. This will allow you to practice bullet jumping.

An advanced trick is to Sprint > Slide > Bullet jump > Glide > Roll > Continue gliding. This combo can close great distances in a line.

32 minutes ago, Haldos said:

There are a few variables when it comes to movement speed, including warframe stats, abilities and mods. Some warframe are naturally faster than others due to sprint stats, or an ability that pushes them forward as well as more basic movement options that all warframe share.

Excalibur's first ability, slash dash, is a good ability to use for movement when modded properly and can be used to push you forward if you feel you are falling behind.

There is a mod called "Rush" that increases sprint speed, but what is more likely is that other players are utilizing slides (Sprinting + crouching) which gives a small but noticable boost to forward movement, as well as bullet jumping (Crouch + Jump) which gives another noticable boost to forward momentum. 

I would suggest going to your codex (To the left of navigation) looking under advanced movement and clicking on the tutorial in the bottom right. This will allow you to practice bullet jumping.

An advanced trick is to Sprint > Slide > Bullet jump > Glide > Roll > Continue gliding. This combo can close great distances in a line.

I'm quoting this for emphasis, and to elaborate a bit on it. 

Where it is said about utilizing slides, there's a trick that I affectionately term "Flash step." You may know it also as table-hopping, from the Devil May Cry series. In essence, you're animation skipping in order to reap the benefits of the slide without actually doing the slide. I'm not sure how the controls work on the PC, but all you have to do is activate slide just long enough for you to get the momentum boost. 

Also, on top of the actions that were listed at the end of the quote, there are variations that I do which may not be as efficient but I like the way they feel. 

Slide, then bullet jump and immediately double jump, hold glide and roll, and then quick step (yes, you can do this in air as well) for the quick momentum boost at the end.

Slide > Bullet Jump and Double jump > Glide > Roll > Slide (animation cancel)

Edited by (PS4)theelix

17 minutes ago, Mawula said:

Thank you, guys, I will try that :) 

Edit: please tell me, what is glide?

Slide is crouch+sprint, bullet jump is crouch + jump, double jump is jump+jump.

The full name is "aim glide". Hold aim while in the air to glide.

Performing an aim glide maintains your horizontal velocity, kills most of your vertical velocity, and significantly decreases your vertical acceleration due to gravity.

You can hold crouch while aim gliding to glide faster.

EDIT: You can also cast most abilities that you can normally cast in the air while aim gliding without losing momentum.

17 minutes ago, Mawula said:

Slide is crouch+sprint,

You can slide simply by pressing crouch while moving. You don't need to sprint to slide.

Edited by Inarticulate

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Kairo_Montano said:

I know that feel... I can't dash-jump-super jump-dash slash, etc like anyone else does.

I failed in 2 missons already because of time, or incapable of run from creeps

What were those missions? I haven't yet met those that depend on running time :o