Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alarms In Sortie Rescues

(PSN)Regiampiero

Question

17 answers to this question

If you get a jail in capture man you rock ^.^ 

Yeah for rescue its kinda anoying but there is always awesome shortcuts ;)  as 

33 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Front door always have console. If you are getting into the prison block by hacking, instead of the hole placed in every rescue mission, you're are doing it wrong.

@trunks013 you might want to look up what the "door" is.

said

Edited by trunks013

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Its rescue btw. and its Sortie, so more presure

Don't know what I was thinking for a second, but I still don't get it. Stealth should be rewarded some how, like in spy missions. It makes no sense to go undetected all round, just to have the alarm sound when you open a door. I could understand if the alarm sounded when you opened the cell door, but not the main door. 

6 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

If you get a jail in capture man you rock ^.^ 

Yeah for rescue its kinda anoying but there is always awesome shortcuts ;) 

Shortcuts don't makeup for the fact the alarm are already on. Just very poor design imo. 

After edit: The alarm sounds when you get in the room, I'm not talking about the locked door to get in the cells. I'm talking about the door that requires two people to open. There's no shortcut to get you in the prison. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Shortcuts don't makeup for the fact the alarm are already on. Just very poor design imo. 

Not really poor design. More of a poor way of looking at it. Makes perfect sense to me. If you really need a logical reason, think of it like this. In sortie rescues, the guards have orders to be in lockdown mode. No one goes in or out, no exceptions. So you open that door, they sound the alarm. So there, you have your reason as to the why. But as others have said, you wouldn't have this complaint if you were using the side-entrances, so you really should try those. Rescue is not in any way, shape, or form, deemed a 'stealth' mission, so your experience when treating it as such is bound to be sub-optimal.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Don't know what I was thinking for a second, but I still don't get it. Stealth should be rewarded some how, like in spy missions. It makes no sense to go undetected all round, just to have the alarm sound when you open a door. I could understand if the alarm sounded when you opened the cell door, but not the main door. 

"The enemy is on high alert."

If I were running a jail and my facility were on high alert, my jail doors are not supposed to open. If my jail doors are open, something is wrong, and I'd have the entire facility placed on lock down if I could.

The point of Sortie Rescue missions is not stealth. It's knowing where the entrances to the jail are to get in as quickly as possible and knowing how to successfully hack the consoles without Cyphers.

1 minute ago, Azlen said:

Not really poor design. More of a poor way of looking at it. Makes perfect sense to me. If you really need a logical reason, think of it like this. In sortie rescues, the guards have orders to be in lockdown mode. No one goes in or out, no exceptions. So you open that door, they sound the alarm. So there, you have your reason as to the why. But as others have said, you wouldn't have this complaint if you were using the side-entrances, so you really should try those. Rescue is not in any way, shape, or form, deemed a 'stealth' mission, so your experience when treating it as such is bound to be sub-optimal.

There are no side entrance to the prison, there are only side-entrances to the prison cells. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There are no side entrance to the prison, there are only side-entrances to the prison cells. 

Yes, and using those affords you more than enough time to dilly-dally as well as hack every last console if you know what you are doing.

20 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

If I were running a jail and my facility were on high alert, my jail doors are not supposed to open. If my jail doors are open, something is wrong, and I'd have the entire facility placed on lock down if I could.

The point of Sortie Rescue missions is not stealth. It's knowing where the entrances to the jail are to get in as quickly as possible and knowing how to successfully hack the consoles without Cyphers.

I disagree. Just ask any snatch and grab covert op soldier. Last I checked retrieving an hostage without being noticed is something that military groups around the world have been perfecting for decades. Not to mention Tennos are supposed to be Ninjas, yet we can't even open a door (while invisible) without the alarms going off. 

Also, why should the enemy be on alert. I thought that was the reason why we have a two alarm system, one to alert one to lock down. I could see if once alerted the alarm wasn't able to be down-sized in Sorties, but this. 

P.S. I have no issues with completing them, I just think they're a bad design. Almost lazy design. i.e. "this mission type turned out to be too easy" ... "lets just make the obligatory front door sound the alarm no matter what" 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

26 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Yeah, I like those logical explanations, I wish BOW/SHOTGUN/PISTOL/MELEE/RIFLE-only conditions had an actual logical explanation. Or at least changed to "Faction-weapon only. It would make much more sense and be less annoying at the same time. Like, "CORPUS_BOSS units are preparing to attack a civilian colony. EXTERMINATE all of them. Mechanical disruptors in the area will jam any non-corpus weaponry, CORPUS weapons will be your only option"

Same for Grineer and Infested, except infested excuse would read like a high concentration of spores will disable any weapon (so Infested weapons trick the spores and thus work anyway)

6 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Yeah, I like those logical explanations, I wish BOW/SHOTGUN/PISTOL/MELEE/RIFLE-only conditions had an actual logical explanation. Or at least changed to "Faction-weapon only. It would make much more sense and be less annoying at the same time. Like, "CORPUS_BOSS units are preparing to attack a civilian colony. EXTERMINATE all of them. Mechanical disruptors in the area will jam any non-corpus weaponry, CORPUS weapons will be your only option"

Same for Grineer and Infested, except infested excuse would read like a high concentration of spores will disable any weapon (so Infested weapons trick the spores and thus work anyway)

Agreed, and there's nothing wrong with wanting some coherence to the reason something is the way it is. I'd like a little bit of lore for the weapon-only's too.
But this right here is the trend nowadays. Complaining just for the sake of complaining and calling it bad game design. It's not, it just isn't tailor made to the way some people want to play, so it's clearly bad :crylaugh:

11 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I disagree. Just ask any snatch and grab covert op soldier. Last I checked retrieving an hostage without being noticed is something that military groups around the world have been perfecting for decades. Not to mention Tennos are supposed to be Ninjas, yet we can't even open a door (while invisible) without the alarms going off. 

Retrieving a hostage without being noticed is somewhat difficult when the only way into the prison tile is through the front door. Keeping surveillance over the status of your front door isn't particularly difficult. It doesn't matter if the person opening the door is invisible. The door is visible and very much open.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Also, why should the enemy be on alert.

High-value prisoner.

5 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Retrieving a hostage without being noticed is somewhat difficult when the only way into the prison tile is through the front door. Keeping surveillance over the status of your front door isn't particularly difficult. It doesn't matter if the person opening the door is invisible. The door is visible and very much open.

High-value prisoner.

Sorry, we're just not going to agree on this. There's no mention anywhere that sortie prisoners are more special than a standard rescue mission, so it doesn't really give with the whole on alert argument. Secondly the prison door isn't on lock-down because lock-down in the rest of the game means hacking the controls to open it, and there's no such controls to open the prison door. Its just a simple two key authentication mechanism. From a strategical/lore stand point the whole mission type has more holes than Swiss cheese. 

Also. Stealthy extracting a prisoner would be a good reason to bring Ash along and make the prisoner invisible. Granted its only for 8 seconds, but I think that should be changed to last up to 30 sec with max duration. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There's no mention anywhere that sortie prisoners are more special than a standard rescue mission, so it doesn't really give with the whole on alert argument.

There's this thing called "inference" that is used to fill in gaps of information. You don't need to be spoon-fed that the prisoner is more special when the enemy is clearly treating the prisoner as more special.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Secondly the prison door isn't on lock-down because lock-down in the rest of the game means hacking the controls to open it, and there's no such controls to open the prison door.

I never said it was on lock down. I said it was under surveillance. Please tell me exactly where I said the door was on lock down.

17 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

18 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

There's this thing called "inference" that is used to fill in gaps of information. You don't need to be spoon-fed that the prisoner is more special when the enemy is clearly treating the prisoner as more special.

I never said it was on lock down. I said it was under surveillance. Please tell me exactly where I said the door was on lock down.

The conversation is starting to circle there's no point in arguing over this. As I said we have very different opinion on this and there's no middle ground to be found. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

The conversation is starting to circle there's no point in arguing over this. As I said we have very different opinion on this and there's no middle ground to be found. 

1. No, it's not circling. You just don't want to argue with me anymore and are trying to find an excuse to not argue with me anymore.
  2. I assume your first quote was you attempting to quote me that I said the jail door was on lock down. If you actually read the quote instead of just searching for the last time I used the words "lock down", you'll notice that what you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with the jail doors being under any state of lock down.
  3. Your opinion may differ from mine, but I have every right to pick at points you present that are objectively wrong, like you putting words in my mouth.
  4. If you don't want to argue with me anymore, you can just not respond to me and the argument will be over. Or just not quote me because the only reason I notice you responding to me is from the notifications at the top of the page.