The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elder Queen canonically dead?

(PSN)poonugget99

My biggest disappointment with TWW is that it feels like nothing changed. There was this big lore build up, yet it feels like a self contained story. Nothing really changed. Grineer haven't reacted to it, Kuva grinner are pushovers. 

TWW should've been a universe changing event for vets. 

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Ballas was one of the Seven yes, but the 7 was not the only orokin.

I have had this conversion before; the argument is that because Ballas was an Excecutor and that he was part of her Trial, he must be evil and a very bad guy.

True, only small signs exist to contradict this.

1. He remembers her to reclaim Earth.

2. He pleads with her to save her life; presumably after the Warframes became operational.

3. He conspired to have the Sentients go to Tau, violating the Principles.

These three tells me he was not all black and horrid. I am probably pretty alone in this.

You are not alone.  I think that the more they age or are reborn and change, the more humanity they lose. It's the ancient Vampire conundrum, which is essentially what the Executors are.

I think Margulis reawakened what humanity Ballas had left (he probably wasn't even aware) and he fell in love with her.

An interesting point in WF is that the "Benevolent/Protective Mother" is one of the few character themes you see in Warframe in service to others, and even then they all have fangs beyond Margulis' sacrifice.

(Lotus, Steel Meridian, New Loka)

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

It's possible that being beheaded is not a permanent cause of death - after all, the whole point of Kuva and Continuity is that you can leave an old body to enter a new one, and as such you don't necessarily need your head so long as Continuity can be completed with your "soul".

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You are not alone.  I think that the more they age or are reborn and change, the more humanity they lose. It's the ancient Vampire conundrum, which is essentially what the Executors are.

I think Margulis reawakened what humanity Ballas had left (he probably wasn't even aware) and he fell in love with her.

An interesting point in WF is that the "Benevolent/Protective Mother" is one of the few character themes you see in Warframe in service to others, and even then they all have fangs beyond Margulis' sacrifice.

(Lotus, Steel Meridian, New Loka)

I agree with your points. Love and sacrifice is much more interesting driving forces than domination and cruelty.

you raise good points about immortality. "Old and bored faces loomed above."

They very much remind me of vampires and the gods of Greece who toyed with men as pawns in their eternal games.

Margulis pleaded for more time for the Tenno. "They can save us." She said. But Ballas was afraid of them, the same fear that the soldier had for Mag when going to Tau. Monsters. Devils. Are they wrong?

It's allmost like Margulis sacrifice was the only way the Tenno could be saved and Ballas made sure of that nomatter what. She was his wilted love after all.