The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Strike - Hirudo - Teras Kasi ....or the idea of enhanced quick melee

AcceptYourDeath

I recently remembered Star Wars Galaxies profession of Teras Kasi and immediately drew the line to something which has become very frustrating and anyoing to me for a while now. 

The way Warframes plays out at the moment I feel pushed into melee mode all the time or using Life Strike to be more precises. It just feels bad and annoying and interruptive if you enjoy using guns primarily. And along comes "Hirudo" with its ability to heal by using quick-melee attacks and shows how it could be done. 

However I don`t like being stuck to one melee weapon or stance, and I don`t like being forced using melee every 20 seconds because something, something, reasons, OMG-I-am-gonna-die, HIT ANYTHING with life strike NOW. :shocked: reload, aim, OMG OMG I am gonna die ...... you get the idea ^^

So the idea would be to have a reasonbale "life-strike" mechanic for quick-melee attacks by default. Not tied to a mod or a weapon, just generally how the game works. 

To mix it up a bit and make it a basic method not relying on types of melee weapons equiped Teras Kasi comes into play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1snjXvSCZYw

A bare handed combat style, some various animations, maybe a few very simple combos (1xE, 2xE ,3xE) and a percentage based heal of 10%-15% health per hit?

Done and good! :thumbup:  

-edit- btw  teras kasi was a blast to play :crylaugh:

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

Im not being rude, But i honestly had a really hard time reading that and even harder time understanding it. at least i think i understood. so are you asking for only bare handed combat weapons to all have quick melee health regeneration ? or all melee weapons?

I think he's asking for some way to heal on all Warframes that doesn't involve having to use a melee weapon with Life Strike equipped.

Health management is a part of the game though, play a 'frame than can restore HP if you don't like dying. Or get used to switching to melee. Game would be braindead easy if we could just quick melee for health.

24 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't know any time I've ever used life strike and I have no problem, giving a life strike passive to all melees would be weird as hell, and would make the game a joke.

It feels solid with Hirudo not weird, at least to me. Given it could open up a mod slot on melee weapons is a concern, because this would be a hefty buff to melee weapons on its own having another mod slot availible without losing anything. And I don`t think melee weapons need any more help at the moment, they are in my opinion already superior to primary and secondary weapons.

That is one reason why I think "life-strike" in general is a dated concept and not the most refined idea? It is just another point on top why I frequently start asking myself why bother with guns and reload and all that if I can just crush everything as a meat grinder and stay alive. The feeling of being forced into melee all the time, especially on weaker Warframes. 

It could be just a solid alternative at least. Nothing is stopping you to run around like crazy with a Galatine P or Telos Boltace at the moment killing everything. And keep in mind "life-strike" will very likely heal 100%, 50% or 20% per hit depending on enemys level and your damage. Which is why I would make this change % based on your Warframes health. Also "life-strike" is still a high risk on higher levels with certain Warframes, it is not as OP as it sounds if you still get grounded with Ember or Zephyr etc. although channeling all the time.

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

28 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't know any time I've ever used life strike and I have no problem, giving a life strike passive to all melees would be weird as hell, and would make the game a joke.

life strike , it works as a mechanic of choice not really a need , there is that other one that grants health if targets have status procs [new mod] for melee

hirudo has it inately 

valkyr has  lifestrike on hysteria 

winds of purrity on furis

hema + headshots

we have options in every category currently 

On 6.2.2017 at 6:24 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

life strike , it works as a mechanic of choice not really a need

Well no, that is the problem I am describing. You have little to no choice than running around with your melee weapon out every few seconds if you let`s say play Ember against lvl 30-50.

Healing Return is the new mod you are looking for and it is barely worth using compared to life-strike. It is more of an alternative for new players to life-strike which is fairly hard to get on your own. And it doesn`t change much since you are still using your melee weapons to swing away for survival.

I was talking about the annoyance to be constantly pushed into using melee weapons, so Valkyr doesn`t count at all for that matter. I would be stuck to melee mode and a specific Warframe. 

Healing Return (or whatever it's called) heals you for 11 hp per hit as long as the enemy is suffering from a status effect. This doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up very quickly, particularly if you like using long ranged melee weapons, and works if you're just using quick melee.

There you go. Your request to not be stuck using the Hirudo has been granted.

27 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Well no, that is the problem I am describing. You have little to no choice than running around with your melee weapon out every few seconds if you let`s say play Ember against lvl 30-50.

Healing Return is the new mod you are looking for and it is barely worth using compared to life-strike. It is more of an alternative for new players to life-strike which is fairly hard to get on your own. And it doesn`t change much since you are still using your melee weapons to swing away for survival.

I was talking about the annoyance to be constantly pushed into using melee weapons, so Valkyr doesn`t count at all for that matter. I would be stuck to melee mode and a specific Warframe. 

hema /winds of purity.... as suggested above also have life strike   steal 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Inaros can sap HP, Nidus regens over time, Rhino laughs at this "damage" idea, Valkyr drinks the blood of her enemies with every claw swipe, several 'frames have Augments to aid in the whole living thing, TRINITY DEAR GOD TRINITY, and Ivara and Loki can be 2sneaky4damage.  Honestly, giving every melee lifesteal sounds like overkill.