Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike Needs A Nerf

Tesseract7777

On 2/6/2017 at 2:46 PM, ConzyFTW said:

Doesn't need to be nerfed when things like the tonkor and synoid simulor exist.

Other weapons existing and being broken doesn't justify something else also being broken.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:47 PM, mobilehacker said:

many weapons can benefit from it

Not many weapons can benefit from a bonus 90% chance to crit when they slide attack? Am I reading this right? Are you out of your mind?

On 2/6/2017 at 3:46 PM, ConzyFTW said:

Doesn't need to be nerfed when things like the tonkor and synoid simulor exist.

It is saddening to me that a complete non-sequitur like this got so many up votes. A non-sequitur that misses the point worse than Michael Bay missed the mark when he made Pearl Harbor... 

Edited by Tesseract7777

On 2/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

If nothing else they need to fix its interaction with Blood Rush.

This is how I feel about the mod.

I actually REALLY like the idea of a crit mod whose bonus is additive, not multiplicative. It gives players the option to build for crit on non-crit weapons, as a powerful alternative to regular builds (but with the cost of being effectively restricted to one attack).
And while you can use it on high-crit weapons like Atterax, the additive nature of the mod means that they won't benefit quite as strongly. With Blood Rush on, they actually may be better off equipping True Steel if you can maintain a high enough combo (e.g. a 25% crit chance weapon will, slide attack or not, be better off with TS+BR than MS+BR if they can maintain a 3.0x combo).

That's the theory, anyway.
The big problem with MS is that Maiming Strike's bonus is affected by Blood Rush-- meaning that the whole "crit weapons wont benefit quite as much" thing goes right as the window, and literally any weapon with MS+BR will get absolutely stupid multipliers after just a few swings.
(For example: A MS+BR Atterax at 3.0x combo will have a 684% crit chance. That's a 16% chance to to 29.2x damage, and an 84% chance to do 33.9x damage.)

If they fixed this bugged interaction again (yes, "again"-- They actually fixed it a long time ago, but it broke again within a week and hasn't been mentioned since), then MS would be much closer to levels of normalcy.

Edited by SortaRandom

Maiming Strike is NOT broken. If a Tonkor and Simulor can one shot high level enemies from a safe distance, then close range melee should be allowed to do it in 1-2 shots as well. If you want to talk about "broken," go look at Condition Overload. If you want to talk about "broken," look at Covert Lethality. Stop asking for nerfs when they aren't needed especially when the mod in question isn't even viable on every melee weapon. Most people don't even have Maiming Strike anyways and if you don't like it, don't use it.

Edited by CherryPauper

1 hour ago, CherryPauper said:

Maiming Strike is NOT broken. If a Tonkor and Simulor can one shot high level enemies from a safe distance, then close range melee should be allowed to do it in 1-2 shots as well.

One item being overpowered doesn't justify another being overpowered.

5 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Other weapons existing and being broken doesn't justify something else also being broken.

Not many weapons can benefit from a bonus 90% chance to crit when they slide attack? Am I reading this right? Are you out of your mind?

Try to spin with daggers, machetes, throwing weapons or gunblades. Even greatswords in my opinion deserve something more that mindless spinning. 

4 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Try to spin with daggers, machetes, throwing weapons or gunblades. Even greatswords in my opinion deserve something more that mindless spinning. 

I have. Difficulty hitting doesn't suddenly mean they don't massively benefit from when they do connect. Even a low crit-damage weapon does nothing but gain from having 50% more damage added to its strike from the simple act of slide attacking.

6 hours ago, CherryPauper said:

Maiming Strike is NOT broken. If a Tonkor and Simulor can one shot high level enemies from a safe distance, then close range melee should be allowed to do it in 1-2 shots as well. If you want to talk about "broken," go look at Condition Overload. If you want to talk about "broken," look at Covert Lethality. Stop asking for nerfs when they aren't needed especially when the mod in question isn't even viable on every melee weapon. Most people don't even have Maiming Strike anyways and if you don't like it, don't use it.

Condition Overload is not broken, as it can benefit only from status effects that have duration. Corrosive and Impact effects for example does not have duration. Not many people run Viral and Radiation on melee, even less with Gas and Magnetic. I find it useful only on Lesion, dont really use other status weapons.

31 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

Condition Overload is not broken, as it can benefit only from status effects that have duration. Corrosive and Impact effects for example does not have duration. Not many people run Viral and Radiation on melee, even less with Gas and Magnetic. I find it useful only on Lesion, dont really use other status weapons.

Or rather people don't run Condition Overload along with gas because gas/stealth finisher multiplier (naramon) interaction already ensure that you basically one-shot everything at any conceivable level so you would not benefit from it.

That's also what I don't get about the premise of this thread - who cares about berserker when we already one-shot everything, anyway? Things don't spawn fast enough, anyway, that you'd need more attack speed on non-single target weapons. And maiming strike is the definition of non-single target. And for single target weapons you're often better off with status (or covert lethality) builds which do not care about maiming strike.

Do you know what is op?! A thing that can one shot 9999999999999999999999999 level eximus bombards!!! Even the guy who plays this game for 2 days can spend 20 USD on this game for plats (1000 platinum), choose Excalibur as starter warframe, buy required mods for survivability and blind spam build, max them, craft a dagger, buy Covert Lethality and can easily 1 shot 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 level eximus. But only Daggers (one of the worst weapon type) benefit from this mod. And Maiming strike have same case but can't even do the 1% of the damage Covert Lethality does!!! And only Atterax, Secura Lecta, Telos Boltace and few other weapons benefit from this