Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Play Options.

KX297

As the first was posted in the wrong section... (sorry about that -_- )

(Also, is there a way to delete topics? I can;t seem to locate the button : p  )

So, for players like myself who prefer solo play, can we get an option to play solo with a four player difficulty/spawn rate/etc?

I enjoy solo play far more than playing with a group, and despite the fact that this game is a supposed to be team based, I feel that you should look into solo play more and give it some quality of life improvements.

It would harm nothing, but would improve my (and hopefully others) gaming experience drastically. 

A good example is defenses/survivals. 

With defenses, I have to stay awhile for the enemy spawn to pick up (at least for me), and for the amount of time it takes for the enemy density to increase it just doesn't seem worth it.

As for survivals, the lack of enemies creates this awkward lack of life support, which means when I solo survivals I'm always a little on edge about running out. I feel like I really need to use my Nekros if I wanna farm survivals for extended times, which kinda sucks.

Like, I love my Nekros build for soloing, but I don't want to run him every survival. 

I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

I get why certain things are team only, like raids, but I feel that I shouldn't be hindered severely for playing solo. 

Again, maybe just consider adding something to the solo selection, like a drop down menu that allows players to pick between 1/2/3/ or 4 player difficulty. Maybe somebody can tell me a con for it, but I can't really find any. Maybe reduced amount of people in pubs? That's about all I can think of...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also,

As I know that there will undoubtedly be that one guy who's like "why do you want to play solo in a team game anyways?"

Well, I like the challenge. And I like to do things alone a lot.

I like running at my own pace. I like spending as much time as I want in a mission.

I like flipping around and taking my time on some missions, and I like speed running others.

I don't like relying on others, and I don't want others to rely on me.

And for those who say things like "well go play another game then!"

I dig Warframe, from PS4 to PC.

I just want to do my own thing my own way.

When I switched to PC, I found a small clan to get me on my feet again, and now that they have, I'll probably move on. I plan on thanking my clan leader for the help, and once again setting of on my solo dojo.

I just like playing alone. It's that simple.

So, please respect my play style, and if somebody from DE reads this and actually cares and has some power over the matter in some form or another, please aid in making that play style just a little simpler. 

Edited by KX297

I too would like the option to increase my spawns to multiple players, purely because I prefer to play solo. No other reason than it's stress relieving to just mindlessly mow down enemies in survivals without worrying about others, but the spawn rate in solo is way too low to keep combo counters up regularly, and life support dwindles very quickly at about the 60 minute mark

Thanks for the replies!

25 minutes ago, Wiergate said:

It's not just you, plenty of people agree with this. Thanks for putting it into a thoughtful post. 

Glad to know other people agree!

Hopefully DE well look into it one day, but I imagine it'll be down the line.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

I too would like the option to increase my spawns to multiple players, purely because I prefer to play solo. No other reason than it's stress relieving to just mindlessly mow down enemies in survivals without worrying about others, but the spawn rate in solo is way too low to keep combo counters up regularly, and life support dwindles very quickly at about the 60 minute mark

I love just staying in a mission and killing things as well for stress relief, but as you said, my life support drops too fast and the low enemy count makes it very difficult to maintain my own life support ) : 

Nekros resolves this problem as I mentioned, but I can only play so much Nekros lol

I really enjoy playing Nidus and Mesa, but find that neither really does well in a low spawn mission ) :

5 hours ago, armoreddemon said:

I agree actually, I suffer from serious anxiety and as dumb as it sounds, the anxiety of possibly messing up and being on the wrong end of a serious and nasty inter-player exchange really deters me from playing with others. 

Ya, this is another reason solo play is appealing to me. For each nice player who wants to work with the team that I come across, I find two rude or disrespectful players. Warframe's community is better than most, but for one reason or another, I manage to come across some very irritating players which can sometimes lead to unwanted situations.

Edited by KX297

nothing quite like testing your individual skill... i support the idea of rewarding solo play in significant ways, and changing the gameplay if you do enter solo, a bit.

In diablo 3 for instance, reaching a certain milestone in solo play (great rift level, which is like void)
is required to enter the higher tier, open grinding areas, where you meet other high level/ highly geared players.

I reall agree. Doing survival solo with anything else but Nekros is just too stressfull. And also kind of boring, as you spend a lot of time waiting for new enemies, so more enemies would definetly be very welcome :). Also maybe it woud be an improvement if Nekros would loose the ability to make life support appear, but instead the drop chance gets higher, so nekros is finally not needed anymore for long survivals. I mean isn't the difficulty supposed to come from enemies that grow ever stronger, rather than from bad RNG?