Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the prime gaming giveaway winners?

(PSN)HighlyDread

Question

14 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure they said in Devstream #87 (last Friday, February 3rd) that they would select the winners that weekend and contact the people they chose within the next few days, but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken about that.

Edited by NightSpider99
Clarified the date of the stream

NightSpider99's comment is what I recall from the Devstream and from the forum post on it. I don't know how long they need to verify the winners, make sure they're eligible (as in, from the right country/region/whatever), and then make sure they send out an email that meets any possible legal requirements. I know I haven't received a "you won!" email, but they may not have gone out. And if they did go out, the winners have, IIRC, an additional 3 days to respond.

Edit to add: the post on the giveaway does say they'll announce the winners eventually, so they won't remain anonymous forever.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Until there is an announcement that all the winners have been selected, I assume that they are still sorting it out.

Also from the overview of Dev Stream 87:

"The Prime Gaming Giveaway is now closed. With over a quarter of a million entrants, we are currently drawing names of winners, who will be contacted next week by email!"

31 minutes ago, (PS4)I420t said:

I'm sure we'll know when we start seeing the "Check out my new Unreleased Prime posts"

I'm sure they have to agree to a NDA about said unreleased content, but I'm also sure they'll be encouraged to brag about winning, as it's good publicity for DE and Warframe, and there's probably a clause in there for them to brag about whichever hardware providers provided their hardware. Such be the industry standards, yarr.

From what I remember of reading the rules, the winners will be sent e-mails sometime this week (probably already sent). If any of the winners do not respond within a set timeframe, I think it was 3 days, then new winners are selected. I doubt they will make the announcement public until all the winners have responded and been confirmed as eligible for the prizes.

24 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

I'm sure they have to agree to a NDA about said unreleased content, but I'm also sure they'll be encouraged to brag about winning, as it's good publicity for DE and Warframe, and there's probably a clause in there for them to brag about whichever hardware providers provided their hardware. Such be the industry standards, yarr.

They will probably get the new prime access at the same day it will be announced.