Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sound Issues

[DE]George

I think I mentioned it before elsewhere, but to me, the Dual Vipers sound like a weird alien wet fart. I liked the old version of the single Viper best, the one that made your teeth rattle when you fired it. That is how I imagined it to sound when I first laid eyes upon it, and I am gutted that it now sounds so....tame :(

Pretty please, unless you're making it a stealth-capable weapon, bring back the teeth-rattler :)

I noticed there are some sound engineers around - everytime something changed for the worse it was a sign for some overhaul.

I tend to rely a lot on my ears when playing and I give you that: While the graphical effects guys are happy to overload the screen with opaque effects so I can't see anything and can't tell if powers are active - there is still the telling sound of the Railgun MOA charging up.

I'm coming from ME3, where we have wallhacking powers or gears and many people swear on it - I still rely rather on my ears to tell what's around the corner. So in short: Keep up the good work, because it's essential for the gameplay.

Noticed that the sound of the Snipetron Vandal now sounds way better.

Hooray for DE staff!

Thanks for removing that rubberband farting excuse for a gunshot sound and replacing it with something that actually sounds like a gunshot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to read about the weapon experimentations and the occassional negative results therefrom, specifically thinking Gorgon and Latos here. In these specific cases, the earliest audio for them was the best, though I admit I have not yet had the chance to try out the weapons post- 0.95.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think the Dera sounds pathetic, like it's spitting?

You should hear the Acrid and Paris Prime. Loogie guns there.

Any chances of this issue being fixed in Update 10?

I vowed a long time ago, back when I only have about 5 weapons to my name, to never use the Strun due to it's sound.

I still haven't used it, but have amassed 48 potaoed and ranked weapons, yet have not gone back on my word. My Strun is still untouched.

• 1 month later...

Can we have the old Braton and Gorgon sounds back. These new ones are just... well, I sold my Braton 2 minutes after I head the new sound. Gorgon sound is like throwing bag of nails at a wooden board. Pathetic at best! I know that this change was few months back but I was hoping that this would be changed by now. At least put an option to use original sound on weapons with changed sound effects. Some of us like the weapons for their sounds too not because it's strong or not. If I have to sell my forma-ed and cata-ed Gorgon due to this sound it does at the moment, it's kinda lame from DE side. After all we put a lot of efforts (insert random number of hours spent in defense missions to level it to 30 few times) to reach some level of decency on a gun.

Just a compliment: my son recently graduated from an audio engineering school, and he overheard me playing WF while he was sitting next to me playing a console game.  After he'd been listening for a couple of missions, out of the blue he commented on how good WF sounded, especially the weapons. This from a teenager (and a life-long gamer).  Well-done, ladies & gents.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really a gripe here, per se, and I appreciate the S#&$ tone of work you've dumped into this game, but  I miss some of the old weapon sounds. Any chance we could get the option at least to use the old sounds? Or maybe a soundpack in the market or something? That way people can choose to enjoy the classic pew pew of the Braton family and chuckle over "leave my mother out of this" and "Combat Formation Bravo"?

Latron Prime's pew pew is bad.  It needs more bass so it sounds more powerful.  Since it's basically an MK14, why not make it sound more like one?

Djinn's Stinger sound is horrible.  The squelching noise makes no sense at all.  I'd recommend making it sound more like a blowgun or paintball gun.  Since it fires poison darts "silently", it needs to sound more like air and less like stepping in mud.

Paris Prime's charging sound needs work.  As Soaron said, it sounds like you're "getting a huge loogie ready".

Boar Prime sounds weak like the Latron Prime.

And this is just personal preference, but could you get the laser rifles to sound more like Star Wars?  (It doesn't need to be changed, but it'd be cool)

Can you guys adjust weapons sounds to compliment mods? As far as I can tell only trigger speed has a effect, it would be nice if other mod changes were reflected in tangible audio differences. We concentrate so much on damage numbers, but unique and pleasing sounds definitely enhance the gaming experience.

I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you please look into returning the original sound of the  the viper machine pistol and its variants. Almost all the people I've spoken to agree that it was awesome. The new one is really anti-climatic considering the gun's destructive power. The old one sounded like a certain machine gun of german make. Why change it in the first place, if it was so awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When you shoot the revolvers (Vasto, Magnus, and the Dual versions) you hear a shell hit the ground. Revolvers hold the shells until you eject them/reload. This always throws me off.

Agreed. It would instead be a better fit to hear the shells hit the ground when you reload as that's when they'd be ejected from the cylinder.

=o)

I see a lot of praise for the weapon sounds. I for one am not really impressed. I wouldn't say that they sound bad ,but they don't sound great either. Generally they are like "mehh ok".

The thing that stands out for me is that all weapons in Warframe just don't seem beefy enough, they don't have that 'umph' feel to them (maybe with exception of Lex and Braton). 

It's especially noticeable in fast firing weapons like Vipers or Furis. They just don't fell powerful, I don't get that feeling of satisfaction while using them.

Also Boltor/ Boltor Prime sounds (for the lack of better word) boring.

Well, I just hope that you guys aren't done yet and will continue on improving and changing weapons audio :)