Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me (us) build Taxon/Atrax!

THeMooN85

Question

So we have amazing new sentinel and his even more amazing weapon... why? Why he and his gun is so amazing?

Well, Taxon is very nice support for us... and his Atrax too!

And I really say it's a SUPPORT, please don't try to make him attacker or his gun "killing machine" (5 dmg freeze base, please think about it, it's useless...unless... we are going to talk about it soon).

We start with Taxon build... lets say:

Coolant Leak;

Medi-Ray;

Redirection;

Sanctuary;

Vacuum;

Retarget;

Molecular Conversion;

Shield Charger;

Steel Fiber;

Vitality;

Quite standard support build, yeah? I think yeah...

Retarget is needed to use his ICE BEAM weapon (about that soon). Molecular Conversion is great because it's shield overload is "stackable".

Now we are going to build Atrax:

Magazine Warp;

Primed/Fast Hands;

Shred;

Sinister Reach;

Speed Trigger;

Tainted Mag;

Vile Acceleration;

Wildfire:

So... WHY U NO ADD DMG/STATUS MODS?!

Simple, because it's useless to add them (this weapon can't kill higher enemies/tougher units), except Wildfire, because mag cap and blast proc (knocking down).

What I did is maximize magazine, increased a little reload time, maximize range (42m), added punch through and maximize fire rate.

So... where is status/critical change/multiplier? No need for that! Atrax' ice beam have 100% status proc (freeze) on hit (+ knocking down - sometimes), even when we have blast/corrosive/viral/etc. status build... and it's beam have mini AOE so nearby enemies are "frozen" too.

What I'm thinking to change is to replace one of fire rate mod with Continuous Misery to make it's proc stays longer on targeted enemy and his nearby pals.

What about Nullifier? Well they are pain in the %^& everywhere to everyone, but sentinels are not made to do your job :)

So... correct me if I'm wrong, my build is sh&&&y or you have better one... help me with that.

7 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Molecular Conversion is great because it's shield overload is "stackable".

1200 Overshields assuming you don't get hit for 2 and a half minutes. Not worthless, but ... great? Eh.

Also, no Guardian or Primed Regen?

22 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Magazine Warp;

Primed/Fast Hands;

[...] Wildfire:

Going by the Wiki stats, Artax uses 1 round (of 100) per second, with a mere 1.5 second reload.
In light of that, magazine size and reload speed Mods seem low priority.

I'd much rather replace them with High Voltage + Malignant Force + Thermite Rounds,
to get some more utility via Corrosive / Blast procs every now and then.

33 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Sinister Reach;

Doesn't really do anthing for you aside from maybe hitting enemies via Punch Through,
as the max targeting Range of Retarget is 30m, alas.

Really though, if you want a CC Sentinel, try e.g. Wyrm, Djinn (woo) or Diriga.
Slap a status-focused Prisma Burst Laser on there and marvel at the (Wyrm aside)
super-long-range status (and not even bad damage) laser pew pew barrage :D

40 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I would replace Coolant Leak with (Primed) Regen, just for those bad cases when your sentinel gets hit by a Bombard. Plus, I find coolant leak very annoying in stealth missions.

I find Coolant Leak useful sometimes, but maybe you are right, with that (Primed) Regen.

29 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Also, no Guardian or Primed Regen?

I'll think about Primed Regen but I really can't see Guardian any useful.

31 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'd much rather replace them with High Voltage + Malignant Force + Thermite Rounds,
to get some more utility via Corrosive / Blast procs every now and then.

So basically you are saying that we should focus on status = increasing chance and double the proc. instead of focusing on mag size/reload?

38 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Doesn't really do anthing for you aside from maybe hitting enemies via Punch Through,
as the max targeting Range of Retarget is 30m, alas.

Retarget 30m + Sinister Reach 12m = 42m , yeah, not much but maybe can help sometimes.

So... maybe I do think wrong after all, well that's why this topic is :)

/bump

People c'mon... help me with this, help me build this sentinel/his weapon property :) My guess is that he can be useful even in late/endgame.

Ooooor... help me with build proper CC (any) sentinel and his weapon (I could use Atrax actually to freeze them all :)

6 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

, maximize range (42m)

Only affects the weapon itself. Taxon's precept has the attack range at 30m. If you want to boost it, the wiki page seems to suggest Eagle Eye can boost their attack range. In fact, it seems Eagle Eye can boost the attack range of ALL Sentinels.

Edited by TheEternalJester

Okay, I'm lazy now but here's what I have in Taxon:
http://warframe-builder.com/Sentinels/Builder/Helios/t_30_5000554445_268-4-5-275-8-10-277-9-5-279-0-5-283-6-10-284-7-10-286-5-5-545-3-5-742-1-5-788-2-5_279-5-742-5-788-5-545-11-268-4-286-4-283-7-284-6-275-7-277-4/en/11-0-4
Of course Investigator is Molecular Conversion and Regen is Prime Regen. 

About Atrax... Well it's damage is lacking. 5 freeze dmg, 2% crit chance, 3% status chance. BUT it has innate freezing status per every shot, so i've basically sped up firerate as much as I could to keep enemies in place.