Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex vs Aklex (Prime)

(XBOX)I Killed brunts

Question

13 answers to this question

Basically, Aklex isn't an upgrade to Lex, it's more of a Sidegrade. Trades accuracy/recoil and reload speed for mag size and fire rate.

Personally, I don't use either. Lex has too slow fire rate for me, and Aklex has too much recoil. I find Vaykor Marelok more enjoyable.

If I did use Lex/Aklex, my choice would probably depend the frame and loadout I'm using, as well as the type of mission. Probably.  

I don't care for either one when you get down to it. Once the Akstiletto Prime became a thing, the Lex (of whatever flavor) hit the ash heap of tenno history.

Nevertheless, the LexP and AklexP are different. Not much, but enough to take into consideration when choosing which to use. The main differences are accuracy vs. sustained fire. That's it. LexP has decent accuracy, a longish reload, and shoots 8 times. AklexP has crap accuracy, a very long reload, and shoots 16 times. Your choice.

Lastly, there's aesthetics. If you must have a dual wield weapon for static and/or animated looks, then the AklexP is your boy. If not, then it's LexP.

Lex is still one of best secondaries in game. Imo Aklex is - not. He is variation of best secondary in game so it's still a good weapon but for crit headshot gun accuracy is not something you want to sacrifice. If you need status, RoF is still too low, go with something like akstileto prime.