Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

adding NPCs in Dojo

Showerwalker

Can we have operators, Syndicate personales and regular personales as place-able decorations in the Dojo?  

they can sell items, give out daily or weekly quest for the clan, improve Dojo research and construction rate etc. ooorrr maybe just to make the Dojo look good and lively... which seems to be more realistic for now.

They could be unlocked immediately and/or some become unlockable when certain goals are reached, eg member count, lab research, or room count, controling a DarkSector... (However DE see's fit for balancing the game, if at some point functional NPCs are a thing)

Here's some NPC ideas, I know it's a long stretch, so u don't have to read it if u don't want to. There definitely could be more  (functionality in underline, how to unlock in italic):

• Construction NPC -  improves the construction speed and desctruction speed.
    Spoiler

patrol around certain area, or hall way, maybe a panel on the wall they can face or work on.

also, this is off-topic but can we have switch-able hallways? since most of them are same size, we might be able to upgrade/downgrade them from line-shape to T-shape to cross-shape, that we we dont have to destroy all room on the other side and rebuild again. it'll help so much in expanding the Dojo espacially Mega ones.

• Syndicate NPC allow access to Syndicate offers and maybe more, build a shrine in clan hall or as a seperate room.
    Spoiler

so we dont have to teleport back to our tiny ship and back again when trading. (HOLY S**T imagine weekly Syndicate raids for clans. reward Syndicate decorations or something)

• Merc NPC - Sell Scans and Ammo, Energy, Health restores, and other potions for raids etc. build chem/energy/bio lab 
    Spoiler

for those who don't want to wait in their ship for too long, or don't like to spend time in scaning for Simaris's Simulacrum.

Also out of topic, but when we click on bluetext in chat, could it tell us how much of that item we have? there's too much parts and mods to keep track of, it'll make trading much more easier and efficient.

• Decorative NPC - do nothing, looks fabulous, pretend to be helpful.

the clan would look so much more lively and make more sense too (we literally conquered entire planets they build relays on, not like their staffs did anything to help). 

Sorry if i made the post too long, here's a potato:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130716194937

I like the idea of adding NPC to the dojo. But please not the syndicates.

Yes it will make the dojo greater and more people will visit it. But have you thought about relays?

The relays will lose from that. I don't play conclave so all I do there is selling prime parts for ducats. Waiting Baro. And exchange medallions .

If you take syndicates from relays. People will visit them once in two weeks.

2 hours ago, JohnCarraway said:

I like the idea of adding NPC to the dojo. But please not the syndicates.

Yes it will make the dojo greater and more people will visit it. But have you thought about relays?

The relays will lose from that. I don't play conclave so all I do there is selling prime parts for ducats. Waiting Baro. And exchange medallions .

If you take syndicates from relays. People will visit them once in two weeks.

I see, you're right. i mean DE can always have the them have some clan exclusive features instead, if that deemed to be a problem.  

But all this is a little far stretched for now, I just hope to see some decorative NPCs soon, I doubt it'll be tho, players seems to favour raids and loots more over Relays and Dojos, so DE probably won't look into this untill everything else is properly sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe the option to send Spectres into the Dojo? I mean Dojos need Guards and who can Guard things better than a Tenno ? Just place Spectres somewhere and/or let them Patrol. I think it would look awesome to have two Rhinos guarding the Lab-Section of our Dojo.

Its just something I would really like to see^^

On 2/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, Showerwalker said:

Decorative NPC - do nothing, looks fabulous, pretend to be helpful.

I'm sold on this. Just imagining having a bunch of operatives here and there posing dramatically. I need this.

• 2 weeks later...