Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that are good in PVP but not PVE

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

So I been testing some weapons in conclave and I noticed that most weapons that are bad in PVE are great in PVP . Like the kraken for example it kills in 2 and a half burst with body shots . And 1 body shot 1 head shot . That's really really fast . 

Karak is a monster as well, I plan to test Stradavar soon . Might make YouTube videos about this stuff . Btw latron prime is super OP , I refuse to touch that gun in conclave 

have you found any amazing weapons for conclave ?

• Furis and it's Mk1 variant.
  • Daikyu (not bad in PvE but less efficient crit bows)
  • Cronus (even if Broken-War is a direct upgrade, don't know why...)
  • Strun
  • Twin Vipers

These 5 weapons are only those I really tested and liked, but in conclave, all weapons are equals, so bad PvE weapons will surely be good on PvP, if it fit your play style.

I noticed that, while Cronus is a pretty weak melee weapon in PVE, in PVP however, it has some oddly beaslty stats unless the UI is trolling me. Still, i use it in PVE for sentimental reasons.

Stradavar is a pretty solid weapon. It certainyl helped me to reach max rank with the conclave to get those lovely skins. Tho i love it in PVE too.

12 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:
  • Furis and it's Mk1 variant.
  • Daikyu (not bad in PvE but less efficient crit bows)
  • Cronus (even if Broken-War is a direct upgrade, don't know why...)
  • Strun
  • Twin Vipers

These 5 weapons are only those I really tested and liked, but in conclave, all weapons are equals, so bad PvE weapons will surely be good on PvP, if it fit your play style.

Not really , from what I've seen the TTK of latron prime out shines every other rifle sadly , 2 shots squishes 3 shots everything else 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

As far as I can tell the tier list for PvP is kinda like the PvE tier list upside down, with examples such as the Mk-1 Braton inesplicabley being better than the Braton Prime (citation needed), doesn't make any sense lore wise but it helps newer players out and makes the barrier to entry to conclave lower which is no bad thing.

There are tons of good pve weapons that suck in pvp.

It depends who you play too, when I started lots of automatic weapons did great, but recently im always matched with players constantly bullet jumping and using snipers/mios. If they get that first shot on you, an automatic weapon often cannot turn around, aim and kill in time, and its harder to keep sustained fire on a moving target than high damage single shot weapons.

Many players switch to the furis after the first sniper bullet hits and spray you down in a millisecond, using the 200% holster rate mod.

A good middle ground are the burst fire weapons, Sybaris, dex Sybaris, Tiberon, and burston prime are all fantastic with their respective syndicate mods - just dont use the Hema, I just cant make it work at all.

A spooled up prisma gorgon is one of the fastest killing rifles in pvp, but against higher skilled opponents you have a hard time hitting them enough unless they are in a hard landing or a stun.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Not really , from what I've seen the TTK of latron prime out shines every other rifle sadly , 2 shots squishes 3 shots everything else 

The Latron Prime takes 4 or 5 shots to kill with Double Tap on, but it's semi-automatic and has a fair amount of recoil, which makes obtaining the TTK of the Latron Prime incredibly hard to pull off.

Just now, _Mozzy_ said:

As far as I can tell the tier list for PvP is kinda like the PvE tier list upside down, with examples such as the Mk-1 Braton inesplicabley being better than the Braton Prime (citation needed), doesn't make any sense lore wise but it helps newer players out and makes the barrier to entry to conclave lower which is no bad thing.

In the Conclave, weapons are balanced so that no weapon is objectively better than another. The reason that the MK-1 Braton seems stronger than Braton Prime is because the Prime version has less damage, but higher rate of fire and more ammo, allowing for more spraying than the MK-1.

4 minutes ago, _Mozzy_ said:

That's what I'm starting to think to

2 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

In the Conclave, weapons are balanced so that no weapon is objectively better than another. The reason that the MK-1 Braton seems stronger than Braton Prime is because the Prime version has less damage, but higher rate of fire and more ammo, allowing for more spraying than the MK-1.

Ah that would make sense, I think I'll stick with the Prime as spraying is more my style lol

8 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

I'm going to test things tonight & update things here because I'm pretty sure the TTK isn't the same on all weapons, I remember the mios being very very good , and had a match full of players using it against my team

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Maybe it was because I shooting a nidus  but he was downed in two shots 

Yeah, his deal is that he's super-squishy (especially vs puncture-based weaponry as he lacks shields) but mutation stacks can effectively get him +225 health. Generally he's not a great point of reference for how effective a weapon is.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I'm going to test things tonight & update things here because I'm pretty sure the TTK isn't the same on all weapons

TTK certainly varies; weapons with shorter TTK are generally harder to use for one reason or another – challenging trigger-types, lower accuracy, smaller clip sizes or ammo pools, projectile flight times etc. You can find a fairly comprehensive list of Conclave weapon stats here.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I'm going to test things tonight & update things here because I'm pretty sure the TTK isn't the same on all weapons, I remember the mios being very very good , and had a match full of players using it against my team

The TTK isn't the same on all weapons, but weapons in the same category usually have similar TTKs, although they are also balanced against how easy a weapon is to use or any special mechanics they might have.

The thing with Mios is that it currently has more range than it should, which is probably why you're seeing so many of them.

18 minutes ago, TheJadrimian said:

TTK certainly varies; weapons with shorter TTK are generally harder to use for one reason or another – challenging trigger-types, lower accuracy, smaller clip sizes or ammo pools, projectile flight times etc. You can find a fairly comprehensive list of Conclave weapon stats here.

Thank you for blessing me with this info,

btw a great warframe for pvp is vauban . On man I feel like a jerk some times . Tesla is great when engaging 1 person or more . Bastille has a nice slow , with mine layer you can trap health orbs with the shred grenade or put the trip mine after a door , and with the concuss, you can make enemies hurt each other,  don't ever use bounce also with his 4 it's has some nice aoe dmg and knockdowns 

4 hours ago, Heckzu said:

The Latron Prime takes 4 or 5 shots to kill with Double Tap on, but it's semi-automatic and has a fair amount of recoil, which makes obtaining the TTK of the Latron Prime incredibly hard to pull off.

lol that is very untrue... furis class vs pyrana..

26 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

lol that is very untrue... furis class vs pyrana..

The Furis and MK1-Furis is usually used by Conclave players as a finisher weapon, often used after landing a sniper shot or arrow on a target.

Secondary shotguns (Pyrana, Brakk, Bronco) are used to almost instantly kill enemies if you can get into point blank range.

These two weapons serve different purposes and are effective in different scenarios, so you can't say one is objectively better, merely one is better suited than the other for a playstyle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 6:30 PM, Heckzu said:

The Furis and MK1-Furis is usually used by Conclave players as a finisher weapon, often used after landing a sniper shot or arrow on a target.

Secondary shotguns (Pyrana, Brakk, Bronco) are used to almost instantly kill enemies if you can get into point blank range.

These two weapons serve different purposes and are effective in different scenarios, so you can't say one is objectively better, merely one is better suited than the other for a playstyle.

pyrana is a 3 hit kill lol

Aoe weapons tend to be terrible, which is understandable to avoid people getting lots of kills with minimum effort.

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Dera Vandal yet. I have yet to see if the accuracy drop from its conclave mod makes it a lot better or if it just drops the accuracy too much to be worth it.