Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop mods conflict with sentinel and frame weapons

kgptzac

I think everyone owning sentinels knows this frustration, so I will skip describing that.  Here's the actual suggestion:

When I'm modding my primary, secondary, and melee weapons, I should see the mods that are equipped on sentinel clearly marked, so I can avoid putting the same mods on my own weapons.  Same thing goes to when I mod sentinel weapons, every mod that's equipped on frame weapons should be marked to avoid conflict.

Makes you wonder how come we have gone this long without such a functionality. Happens when you're trading too, you may have several, let's say, Fleeting Expertises maxed, yet it doesn't flag which one you have equipped and it becomes trial and error putting the mod in the trade slot til you find which one is unequipped...

yeah this should have been fixed since day 0 of warframe's inception. even a letter or icon or color to indicate it's equipped on one or the other isn't a hard thing, look just how adept they are to nerf stuff this shouldn't be taking so much years to do.

this is just lame.

Edited by ranks21

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Or lets us use the same mod for both weapons seitinal and primary. Why not?

because one mod shouldnt be allowed to be used on 2 active weapons at the same time, its like trying to start up and play the game on 2 computers at the same time with only 1 account

13 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

because one mod shouldnt be allowed to be used on 2 active weapons at the same time, its like trying to start up and play the game on 2 computers at the same time with only 1 account

I disagree. the way I see it, its like modding a completely different WF primary on a completely different WF. Siential weapons are already weak as well. Would not hurt anything. Except make seitinal weapons alittle better. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

NightBlitz, I think that's a decent analogy. But it simply doesn't apply here. I've equipped a maxed Serration onto all my primary weapons, Why isn't there any conflict when I go from equipping Serration on my Dread to equipping Serration on my Boltor Prime? Because there shouldn't be and rightfully so.

We have multiple configs on our weapons in order to have multiple different set-ups on them. Not so that I can re-equip my entire mod set-up on a Primary Weapon whenever I switch between them.

With that said, it's counterproductive, tedious, and inefficient to make players have 2 max rank copies of every mod they own in case it ever needs to be equipped on a Sentinel Weapon. There's already enough weapons in the game for me to get my hands on for a lifetime and arcane sets and all this other content.

Max ranking my mods a second time for my Sentinel Weapons to deal negligible damage isn't interesting "End-Game Content" and doesn't really add to the game in any significantly fun way whatsoever.

Because it doesn't make sense Lore-wise. These mods are pieces that modify and improve our equipment. When you swap gear your configuration is already set to install certain mods on the gear you select. You can can't install the same piece in two places at once. NightBlitz' analogy is close, but still kinda incorrect. it's more like trying to run two separate computers with the same graphics card. You can take the card out of one computer and put it in another, but you can't run both at the same time with it. 

That said; it's still a UI issue that's been longstanding for mods to have identification of installation status.

7 hours ago, Dridden37 said:

NightBlitz, I think that's a decent analogy. But it simply doesn't apply here. I've equipped a maxed Serration onto all my primary weapons, Why isn't there any conflict when I go from equipping Serration on my Dread to equipping Serration on my Boltor Prime? Because there shouldn't be and rightfully so.

I think the analogy was lost on you.
Boltor vs Dread...you only equip and use one of those at a time. No conflict. It's not trying to use the same mod twice. If you could equip both Dread and Boltor simultaneously, then you'd have a conflict.
Sentinel weapon vs Dread. Both are trying to use the same mod at the same time. Hence conflict. It's like trying to equip the same scope (you only have one of them) to two different weapons. Then want to take both weapons with you at the same time. Only one can use that scope...

Identification of installation status would be wonderful.

54 minutes ago, Fansay said:

Only one can use that scope...

Where that analysis falls apart is when I change primaries, with this logic I would have to un-equip and re-equip those mods evertime I switch between my dread and my vectis. 

The seitinal shares the same logic. As when switching primaries using the same mods equipped. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Where that analysis falls apart is when I change primaries, with this logic I would have to un-equip and re-equip those mods evertime I switch between my dread and my vectis. 

The seitinal shares the same logic. As when switching primaries using the same mods equipped. 

That logic doesn't fall apart. What you state is exactly what happens, but automatically. But from a UI point of view it does not need to show it being unequipped because you no longer see the mods on your weapon once you switch weapon. The process is simply streamlined by Ordis for your pleasure. But your sentinel does not have the time to unequip its mod between shots so you can use it.

Logic does not matter AT ALL.

Here's an example: friendly fire

We don't have friendly fire in WF. How do bullets and abilities magically ignore ally units? It doesn't make sense! BUT it makes the game a lot more enjoyable. That's what we are looking for. Using the same mod on different weapon doesn't make sense, but it make things more convenient.

So please stop arguing about logic problem. It doesn't make sense.

Edited by yles9056

5 hours ago, Fansay said:

That logic doesn't fall apart. What you state is exactly what happens, but automatically. But from a UI point of view it does not need to show it being unequipped because you no longer see the mods on your weapon once you switch weapon. The process is simply streamlined by Ordis for your pleasure. But your sentinel does not have the time to unequip its mod between shots so you can use it.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I disagree. the way I see it, its like modding a completely different WF primary on a completely different WF. Siential weapons are already weak as well. Would not hurt anything. Except make seitinal weapons alittle better. 

17 hours ago, kgptzac said:

I think everyone owning sentinels knows this frustration, so I will skip describing that.  Here's the actual suggestion:

When I'm modding my primary, secondary, and melee weapons, I should see the mods that are equipped on sentinel clearly marked, so I can avoid putting the same mods on my own weapons.  Same thing goes to when I mod sentinel weapons, every mod that's equipped on frame weapons should be marked to avoid conflict.

This is a really good idea, and I frankly can't understand why it wasn't in place from the word go. As it is now, you switch weapons, mod up your new primary, and then the game only tells you there's a problem when you try to leave the equipment menu. Why wait until then? Now I have to go back into the weapon mods and fix the error, when all it would take would be a little icon or a color change or something to let me know, "Hey, this mod is in use elsewhere in your loadout, so maybe don't try to equip it." Then, if I equip it anyway, bring up that pop-up with the options of "Remove it from <other weapon>" or "Keep it on <other weapon>."

Why not also use some little indicator whenever you're in the mods menu or the trade window to let you know that a given mod is in use somewhere? Give us the ability to hover over it to see exactly where it's in use.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 4:16 AM, Fansay said:

I think the analogy was lost on you.
Boltor vs Dread...you only equip and use one of those at a time. No conflict. It's not trying to use the same mod twice. If you could equip both Dread and Boltor simultaneously, then you'd have a conflict.
Sentinel weapon vs Dread. Both are trying to use the same mod at the same time. Hence conflict. It's like trying to equip the same scope (you only have one of them) to two different weapons. Then want to take both weapons with you at the same time. Only one can use that scope...

Identification of installation status would be wonderful.

Gotchya! Got it through my thick skull. Forgive me, sometimes me and my dense self just come up on these forums at night when I'm all sleepy and a little sloppy in thought. But I got your point.