Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pause on Making Warframes, Focus on everything else

Iccotak

As fun as it is to explore new concepts and gameplay mechanics with Warframes, I really do think that they should take a break on that and focus on fleshing out the universe.

We already have enough Warframes, as well as plenty of gear, to keep ourselves busy.

More focus and energy in; tilesets, level design, enemy design, Bosses, in-game lore, quests, NPCs, and the overall main story campaign, would go a longer way than giving us a new toy to play with. 

Releasing new Prime frames is fine, BUT we already have so much gear, Frames, mods, and many other things that I will not go into due to spoilers. 

I would be far more excited about improvements to the overall game of warframe, I am more interested in the game fleshing itself out than I am in more Warframes.

The team is spilt having to cover so many things and are spreading themselves thin. 

EDIT

Tilesets - should get more focus than they are getting now, I am aware of Earth remastered as well as the sound and atmosphere redux, but what of other worlds? What about worlds that don't have tilesets and you are stuck on a ship. What about all the other worlds that need remastered tilesets? Those should be getting more focus.

Level design - as in how the levels work with player movement, we have a parkour system but most of the time is spent bullet jumping. I am speaking of level design that takes into account the new movement system so then we can fully utilize our environment.
Look up Titanfall 2 gameplay if you want a better idea of what I mean

Lore, quests, NPCs - Yes more stories are being added for each Warframe, but what about all of the previous Warframes. Remember DE is also working on improving new player experience. It would be better if they had more direction by giving most of the warframes quests. What about just side quests, like missions you receive from normal people on the relay?

Enemy design, Bosses - I am aware of the reworks, I am saying that they need more variety of enemies that do not simply amass into large hordes. 

Main Story Campaign - DE has opened a bottle on amazing story sections, but they take far far too long and last time they made the mistake of hyping it up too much. Now that they have given us plenty of toys to play with we need more content to do with them. What we have right now is systemes for farming with not much else to do. 

The main story cannot go on with 1-2 hr quests every year. I am saying a full several hour campaign.

Edited by Iccotak

They are doing most of what you are asking for already.

Tilesets - more are being made + older ones are getting re-worked like the Earth Tilesel.

Level Design - Do you mean the repeat of tiles? Levels are made via procedural generation and not set maps which is why tiles sometimes repeat, it would be even more boring if it was the exact same tiles every time.

Lore, quests, NPC's - Being added all the time, new frames are coming out with quests that expand on the lore.

Enemy Design, Bosses - Reworks to Bosses are in-progress, making new enemies is hard when we have all of the current abilities (Warframes already in game) that can basically turn off the Ai.

Main Story Campaign - Next one is apparently the "Umbra Quest" and is coming soon.

Well, the thing is that the dudes that have worked on Warframes are probably really good at it by now and making them do something completely different will probably not be as productive, however, I think those dudes' time could be used on reworking old, bad Warframes (Like Limbo's rework seems really cool), and making new skins for existing Warframes, OR making new models for enemies/new enemies altogether?

I want to see them get to the point where the 1st thing we know about the next Prime Frame is the awesome 1.5-2 minute long video introducing it like a month before it's release... the last 2 were leaked, Valkyrs "intro" video is 3 months late, Nekros was reviled a long time before it even got a video which was cool and all, but in 3 months time if an Oberon P. video just appeared on playwarframe without prior knowledge, that is a pool of excitement that has not been tapped into for a very long time.

32 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

They are doing most of what you are asking for already.

Tilesets - more are being made + older ones are getting re-worked like the Earth Tilesel.

Level Design - Do you mean the repeat of tiles? Levels are made via procedural generation and not set maps which is why tiles sometimes repeat, it would be even more boring if it was the exact same tiles every time.

Lore, quests, NPC's - Being added all the time, new frames are coming out with quests that expand on the lore.

Enemy Design, Bosses - Reworks to Bosses are in-progress, making new enemies is hard when we have all of the current abilities (Warframes already in game) that can basically turn off the Ai.

Main Story Campaign - Next one is apparently the "Umbra Quest" and is coming soon.

Tilesets - should get more focus than they are getting now, I am aware of Earth remastered as well as the sound and atmosphere redux, but what of other worlds? What about worlds that don't have tilesets and you are stuck on a ship. What about all the other worlds that need remastered tilesets? Those should be getting more focus.

Level design - as in how the levels work with player movement, we have a parkour system but most of the time is spent bullet jumping. I am speaking of level design that takes into account the new movement system so then we can fully utilize our environment.

Lore, quests, NPCs - Yes more stories are being added for each Warframe, but what about all of the previous Warframes. Remember DE is also working on improving new player experience. It would be better if they had more direction by giving most of the warframes quests. What about just side quests, like missions you receive from normal people on the relay?

Enemy design, Bosses - I am aware of the reworks, I am saying that they need mreo variety of enemies that do not simply amass into large hordes. 

Main Story Campaign - DE has opened a bottle on amazing story sections, but they take far far too long and last time they made the mistake of hyping it up too much. Now that they have given us plenty of toys to play with we need more content to do with them. What we have right now is systemes for farming with not much else to do. 

The main story cannot go on with 1-2 hr quests every year. I am saying a full several hour campaign.

37 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's not going to happen, and it would not be good for the game if it did.

Also, "the team" is actually multiple teams. Every single person at DE is not doing the same job at once.

Yes there are multiple teams, and some of those teams should focus on other areas of the game.

Edited by Iccotak

All these things are nice, but none of these things DE can put in the platinum store or in some kind of Access pack. So, not going to happen.

They will never just put down work on new gear and frames to focus on fleshing out and QOL entirely. Because frames and weapons not being released, is money not being made.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Just now, Artorius-Alter said:

All these things are nice, but none of these things DE can put in the platinum store or in some kind of Access pack. So, not going to happen.

DE has been working on fleshing out the world, their sole focus has not been giving us more gear.

And Stuff you can buy is not the only things that keeps players interested. One of the big reasons players stuck with it is because we see the progess they made with our support and we see the potential. But when they work on stuff just to put it in the store they slow down.