The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we need a way to queue foundry builds

BoomyGordo

we have infinitely reusable 1 minute building blueprints for consumables. can we please add a "completed" tab had have any blueprints that finish put their contents into that tab automatically. Then let use queue up how many times we want to have the foundry craft something and let it work. As they finish they put the finished products into the completed tab and start on the next set. This could even be used on specters or tater blueprints.

It would be nice if we could put say 2 or 3 Forma's building in a queue system so when the first finishes building then it automatically starts on the next, and to remove the resources at the beginning of build so no worry of possibly running out of the resources needed before the next item begins building.

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

It should be their intention not to let us build more than 1 of the same thing at the same time, not their oversight.

The op suggests queue's, how is your comment related? 

I thoroughly agree with a queue system

Edited by Khratos26

24 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

one thing i would LOVE to be queue-able are pizzas and derelict keys....i WANT to make lots of ODS keys...but im tired of either being in game at the foundry or on my phone in the foundry constantly clicking build all the time for 1 minute items

this all the way.

1 hour ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

we have infinitely reusable 1 minute building blueprints for consumables. can we please add a "completed" tab had have any blueprints that finish put their contents into that tab automatically. Then let use queue up how many times we want to have the foundry craft something and let it work. As they finish they put the finished products into the completed tab and start on the next set. This could even be used on specters or tater blueprints.

I think this would still be a technical issue, as a lot of things from early Warframe were, moreso than any attempt to purposefully delay players.   

Currently, the server pretty much only runs the timer, and does not care about anything else. You trigger the start, and end of the process.

If you start queuing up your foundry items, the work the server does increases. Depending on the implementation, it will have its own drawbacks, but all workarounds would involve asking more of the infrastructure (server and databases). 

For example: Can you stack items? If so, how do you tell the server what a "stack" is? Does the Server auto accept completed blueprints (potatoes, pizza's etc.)? This ends with the server sending a lot of queries back and forth with the databases. etc. etc.

I'm sure they have prototypes for some sort of queuing feature. Rebecca seems to play a lot of end game content, and no doubt she'd bring it up herself with the tech team. But, since we haven't gotten it after all this time, it's likely more than just an afternoons worth of work. They'd need to find the right compromise where we get to stack items (in some form), but DE don't go broke buying really top end gear- They kinda already have a band-aid solution with the pizza's coming in 10x variants. 

1 hour ago, MillbrookWest said:

They kinda already have a band-aid solution with the pizza's coming in 10x variants. 

how is that a band-aid? anyone who is doing singles is foolish...even a new player can get to the x10 stuff really fast...heck I didnt even KNOW that singles existed until a about 2 months ago...and that was just because i was browsing through my clan research for stuff i missed.

There is a big reason why they don't want to add an auto-queueing foundry: Because it could hurt the number of players playing regularly.

Its a simple psychological trick that a lot of F2P games employ: If they require you to log in regularly, say once per day, to collect items or finish crafting or starting the next item it actually has a rather large effect on keeping people actually playing the game.  And this has been proven over and over again in lots of different games, after all you have to be thinking of the game and the items you're crafting.
For instance: If I was able to queue up the 15 forma in my inventory and was able to craft them in a queue why would I have to log in at all until the 15 days are up?  And long breaks like that dramatically increase the chances that I'll just never return to the game.
Constant daily involvement, even for small things such as setting up the next foundry item, has a surprising influence on player retention, and you would be surprised how many players sign in to finish the crafting and set up the next item and then decide "Well I'm already in game, why not just do a few quick missions..." which is obviously good for the game.

Maybe this idea could work if the queue could only collect and add more items if you were actually in game and playing, such as queuing up energy restores to be built before you do a raid and them coming back from the raid with a larger pile of them waiting.  But just having a queueing system that would allow it to build and continue on to the next item when you're not playing would only hurt player retention.

Edited by Tsukinoki

i wish we can do it for forma but it's not going to happen. DE wants us to login and play more or use plat to speed things up. 

For other resources like the 1 min stuff like ciphers, keys or pads i always leave 1 built so if i take them out i build another one right away and just forget it and play the next mission.