Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good secondary for Mesa

(XBOX)Striked DE

Question

I build mesa a few month ago but do not pay so much Attention at her after leveling her to 30. Now with the new Skin i love to Play her :D

Am i right that mesa´s 4 is affected by her secondary? I usually run Vaykor Marelok with her but i dont know if it is the best choice.

I have acces to nearly all weapons in the game, so do you have a better idea for her sidearm?

10 answers to this question

her peacemaker is not affected by secondaries but secondary mods,example is hornet strike

personally i like twin grakatas because they can be built for both crit and status and are fairly effective and due to peacemakers high crit chance and dmg they pair well ^^

+ twin grakatas look soooo gooood :3

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Striked DE said:

Am i right that mesa´s 4 is affected by her secondary?

Like with Exalted Blade / Hysteria / Primal Fury / Artemis Bow, it's not the weapon but rather the Mods in it.

A (Riven-less) crit build will do the most for her ult, so e.g. (Ak)Lex or Akstiletto Prime would be good fits
but you can use Stug or whatever if all you care about is Peacemaker.

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

her peacemaker is not affected by secondaries but secondary mods,example is hornet strike

personally i like twin grakatas because they can be built for both crit and status and are fairly effective and due to peacemakers high crit chance and dmg they pair well ^^

Thanks bro:)

Good to hear that ,so my 8times formad twin grakatas are ready to be used after Ages :D

Long as your V. Marelok is built for crit; it'll work fine.

I tend to use Akstiletto but they're the same build as Marelok in my case.

Dual Toxocyst's buff works with Peacemaker last I checked but it's annoying to keep procing.

Past lvl 140ish You'll want to swap Primed Heated Charge with a 60/60 status mod when fighting Grineer.  Peacemaker doesn't have amazing status but the extra helps in those later levels when stripping armor becomes a priority.

18 minutes ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

Actually, just so you know, Dual Toxocysts' buffed state still works during Peacemaker, leading to ridiculous fire rate. It still works, last time I checked.

Do with this information what you will.

It does, but the buff is VERY annoying to maintain and too darn limmited to an extend that it completely dominates your playstyle and the weapon is WAY too medicore to be staying on it for too long...

@Op, try Synoid Gammacor

The stats are completely besides what you want in a secondary to be played with peacemaker but the weapon itself is beyond awesome. Think Vaykor Marelok per shot damage as constant dps, paired with cephalon suda proccs that refill you energy allmost every time you get outa peacemaker or go on a massacre. 

It got nerfed at some point as it not only was the strongest but also the most power efficient secondary in the game to eat ammo like crazy, what boils down to often reloading and need for ammo. The reloading is boosted by her passive and the ammo is manageable with a carrier...

Just build it to the Peacemaker ideal. Works just fine.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

It does, but the buff is VERY annoying to maintain and too darn limmited to an extend that it completely dominates your playstyle and the weapon is WAY too medicore to be staying on it for too long...

@Op, try Synoid Gammacor

The stats are completely besides what you want in a secondary to be played with peacemaker but the weapon itself is beyond awesome. Think Vaykor Marelok per shot damage as constant dps, paired with cephalon suda proccs that refill you energy allmost every time you get outa peacemaker or go on a massacre. 

It got nerfed at some point as it not only was the strongest but also the most power efficient secondary in the game to eat ammo like crazy, what boils down to often reloading and need for ammo. The reloading is boosted by her passive and the ammo is manageable with a carrier...

Just build it to the Peacemaker ideal. Works just fine.

Thanks, i will also give this a try :)

Peacemaker is not affected by secondary's stats, but secondary mods, note some of the mods are not affected too.

Any secondary that is viable with Crit builds, consider you still want to use that secondary. (i.g. Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Akmagnus, Sicarus Prime, Akstiletto Prime...etc.)

Personally, I use Lex Prime with pure damage elemental mods if I use Peacemaker intensively. Otherwise, I use Akmagnus with dual stats elemental. Peacemaker has high damage but low status chance, so my Akmagnus will decrease the damage for Peacemaker.

Another choice is Dual Toxocyst, This secondary has a bonus of increase fire rate for 6 seconds if lands a headshot, and its effect works on Peacemaker. Though I don't really like to use the weapons, and like to use Peacemaker anytime I want.

If you don't use secondary, only for Peacemaker, then any secondary are viable.

Here's how I mod for Peacemaker, or my Lex Prime. This is when versus grineer, remember to change elemental according factions.

• Hornet Strike
  • Barrel Diffusion
  • Lethal Torrent
  • Primed Target Cracker
  • Primed Pistol Gambit
  • Convulsion
  • Primed Heated Charged
  • Pathogen Rounds / Hollow point (if you want more damage on Peacemaker)

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

Hell yeah, Twin Grakatas fit so well with Mesa's style, I'm using it as well.

The only issue is that Mesa's Peacemaker build for Twin Grakatas will make you have... an ultraviolent fast-shooting monstruosity with 2-hour reload time. That's quite a big flaw.

For the most part, any weapon would be equally good, with some exceptions. I'll lay most of them out here to the best of my knowledge.
Dual Toxycyst Passive ability transfers over the peacemaker for a brief moment, making it the best weapon to boost your ult, but you will sacrifice the use of them as a regular weapon since to mod for peacemaker, dual toxycyst will suffer.

Lex Prime and Aklex Prime both have slow reload and fire rate, thus making either one greatly more powerful with either of mesa's buffs.

Twin Grakata also is great because the fire rate increase is all the more impactful on the high fire rate king of dakka.

Brakk, Mara Detron, and Pyrana also work pretty well as the low magazine and high rof needs a lot of reload, which mesa greatly helps, but keep in mind that mesa works best at range, which is unfortunately not true for those two weapons or any shotgun, so play smart.

Akbronco Prime works extremely well with a macro or mouse roller trigger setup and can be useful for spreading status like crazy.

Vaykor Marelok is a popular weapon for mesa because of the stylish gunslinger animations, healing from syndicate effect, and the reload benefits. The healing benefits is especially effective because shatter shield built for Damage Reduction greatly increases 

Synoid Gammacor is unfortunately not as strong as it once was because despite the great dps, the fire rate kills the weapon's effectiveness. The increased reload from mesa will definitely help this, although it will not make the synoid gammacor a reliable weapon as increased reload only further increases the rate at which the weapon depletes its ammo. Great for bursts though.

Sonicor has great benefits, as the increased reload speed allows for more cc capabilities over the extant of a couple mags.

That's my list of top winners for mesa in correspondance to the secondaries. Enjoy.

EDIT: Wraith Twin Vipers are extremely fun, especially with fire rate mods (105 rps with all fire rate mods on!!!)

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044