Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else just feel mehh about chromas upcoming skin?

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

Idk for me it feel like the devs could've so much with it..i mean its a dragon they could've added some animation of wings when using his abilities or something but idk the skin just look and feel too simple compare to the others

It needs the "Immortal skin" treatment.  

What I've seen of it so far I haven't liked. But I'll reserve final judgement for when I can preview it in game. At this point though I find it very gaudy, I don't think it fits aesthetically in the Warframe universe, the wings look like they are made of cardboard for a child's fancy dress costume and frankly, part of the design of Chroma that I like is that it is a Warframe essentially wearing a pelt. I haven't seen that reflected in the Deluxe Skin but I haven't seen Effigy yet.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

Idk for me it feel like the devs could've so much with it..i mean its a dragon they could've added some animation of wings when using his abilities or something but idk the skin just look and feel too simple compare to the others

What did you expect? I didn't want to be that guy to say it but the majority of the deluxe skins don't look that great to begin with. 

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

What did you expect? I didn't want to be that guy to say it but the majority of the deluxe skins don't look that great to begin with. 

Ive to disagree with that...nova's skin is awesome with the hand animation when her power are used...ashs skin give that. Expert killer assassin vibe and frosts skin just look plain awesome..the only skin that looks crap to me are lokis,excal,rhino and nyx's...Nd now chroma

Edited by (XB1)ItsMast3rking

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

Ive to disagree with that...nova's skin is awesome with the hand animation when her power are used...ashs skin give that. Expert killer assassin vibe and frosts skin just look plain awesome..the only skin that looks crap to me are lokis,excal,rhino and nyx's...Nd now chroma

I love nova, I main nova, i bought the nova deluxe skin. It's terrible and the hand animations only pop up when an ability is being used.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Rey Za BurreI said:

I love nova, I main nova, i bought the nova deluxe skin. It's terrible and the hand animations only pop up when an ability is being used.

Ik thats whats cool about it tho.so wait...the hand dont stay active while the power is? I mean like lets say u r a slova(slow nova) n use the slow ability,does it stay active for as long as the power or only for the animation of when u press the button?...they should've make something like that for chroma...uk like a giant dragon wing appear when his abilities are active

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

The skin looks too asiatic(asian) to me...i mean id understand if they had done it for wukong or nezha but y chroma?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

nova's skin is awesome with the hand animation when her power are used...ashs skin give that. Expert killer assassin vibe

Well, time to dump some info because I have nothing better to do with my life and I'm bored and also kinda confused.

If the chroma skin being too "asiatic" is a problem for you, then I... hate to be the one to break it to you, but nova's deluxe skin, and ash's deluxe skin are certainly very "asiatic" too. The names of the items in nova's skin pack are literally references to beings in hindu mythology (asuri being a reference to asuras, Rashasi being a reference to Rakshasi), which is indian (India is part of asia, in case you don't know). The skins certainly look the part, and that "cool animation" with the arms that you like 100% really clearly cements this.

Then we move on to the ash skin. The names of the items in his deluxe pack are literally... Okay. The ash skin is the "Koga" skin, the Nikana skin is the "Ryu" skin. Kōga-ryū is an ancient japanese school of ninjutsu. So we have the ash Koga skin, and nikana Ryu skin. And like. Come on. The skins from this skin pack are so, so clearly "asiatic", as you'd say.

Like I'm just having trouble understanding. It's one thing to dislike the chroma skin for being too "over the top" (I disagree on it being over the top, but eh), but disliking it because it looks too "asiatic", while simultaneously saying you like the nova and ash deluxe skins just... doesn't make sense to me. They are very "asiatic" too. Like, on the same level of the chroma skin. Objectively.

Sorry to ruin it for ya, bud. But that's how it is :/

Edited by Soup2504

10 hours ago, aligatorno said:

According the Concept Art, the Effigy will have energy wings. 

The model itself looks really meh for me as well, mostly because of the the materials. They are too plasticky.

The only thing that I`m really waiting for is the weapon skin, god damn that looks amazing. 

^^ THIS!!!! the weapon skin looks awesome. The Chroma skin is meh 

I was hoping for something more Akin to a dragon-themed Palatine look for Chroma, but instead we got a plastic Kaiju/Power Rangers villain look. not sure if I'll get it honestly, may just wait and see what Tennogen creators do with him, they've been churning out much better skins than DE recently after all.

3 hours ago, Soup2504 said:

Well, time to dump some info because I have nothing better to do with my life and I'm bored and also kinda confused.

If the chroma skin being too "asiatic" is a problem for you, then I... hate to be the one to break it to you, but nova's deluxe skin, and ash's deluxe skin are certainly very "asiatic" too. The names of the items in nova's skin pack are literally references to beings in hindu mythology (asuri being a reference to asuras, Rashasi being a reference to Rakshasi), which is indian (India is part of asia, in case you don't know). The skins certainly look the part, and that "cool animation" with the arms that you like 100% really clearly cements this.

Then we move on to the ash skin. The names of the items in his deluxe pack are literally... Okay. The ash skin is the "Koga" skin, the Nikana skin is the "Ryu" skin. Kōga-ryū is an ancient japanese school of ninjutsu. So we have the ash Koga skin, and nikana Ryu skin. And like. Come on. The skins from this skin pack are so, so clearly "asiatic", as you'd say.

Like I'm just having trouble understanding. It's one thing to dislike the chroma skin for being too "over the top" (I disagree on it being over the top, but eh), but disliking it because it looks too "asiatic", while simultaneously saying you like the nova and ash deluxe skins just... doesn't make sense to me. They are very "asiatic" too. Like, on the same level of the chroma skin. Objectively.

Sorry to ruin it for ya, bud. But that's how it is :/

I think he is referring to how dragons look. there are many forms of dragon and most common are england style welsh dragons and stuff aka the european dragons. Now on the opposite spectrum are the asian dragons like the chinese. I think the person used the wrong words but wanted to convey that he wanted a more european dragon than asiastic dragon.

1 hour ago, SharkPot said:

I think he is referring to how dragons look. there are many forms of dragon and most common are england style welsh dragons and stuff aka the european dragons. Now on the opposite spectrum are the asian dragons like the chinese. I think the person used the wrong words but wanted to convey that he wanted a more european dragon than asiastic dragon.

Yep sorta what i was trying to say..i think i did say it in the post...maybe i forgot to put it in there

Edited by (XB1)ItsMast3rking

18 hours ago, aligatorno said:

I`m not sure if they mentioned, but I think they said that they'll only have to finish Effigy and the weapon skins and it's done, implying that the one we saw was the final version. 

They said final tweaks were needed. But I could be wrong. Here's to hoping.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

I loved the concept art, but the in-game screenshots made it look like he was wearing some sort of comic-con outfit.
It didn't look bad though! Maybe it was the coloring....

I'll probably get it regardless

Ill check it out to see..i mean at least it better than the skin chroma has anyway