Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Wraith Modding Help?

zileus

Question

So I was lucky enough to be in a clan to win the Ignis Wraith and catalyst. The next thing to do now is how do I mod it? I want to know how to mod it in terms of maximum damage output but as well as the more important realized damage output. Trying to mitigate the ammo consumption of Warframe's former gratata flamethrower is quite hard since I really prefer a crit/status - centric build. 

Right now, I'm sure of adding the elemental status mods (unless I get a status/crit Riven). 102% status is super beneficial, especially on gas damage (RIP CORPUS). What I'm not sure of is how much crit mods I need to invest in regards to combating severe ammo consumption. Adding a point strike gives is 30% crit chance from its base of 12%.

What is the perfect balance? What does the most damage? What is the best build against grineer? As we can see from the euphonia, status trumped against the crit-centric build. What do I do with this weapon? 

I have 1 forma right now, but I don't know what polarities will provide with the most variability so I can interchange mods for different playstyles. 

dHbUlm7.png

Edited by zileus

but the Ignis is a niche weapon. Just because an increase of multishot to its burst, doesn't mean its the optimal thing to do right? Wont dps over time suffer due to the fact it becomes an ammo hose? Also, why is the spread from heavy caliber beneficial, increased hitboxes?

Edited by zileus

1 minute ago, zileus said:

but the Ignis is a niche weapon. Just because an increase in spouting out more flames will increase dps? wont dps over time suffer due to the fact it becomes an ammo hose? also why is the spread from heavy caliber beneficial, increased hitboxes?

yep HC increases aoe and damage so its perfect on the weapon. Also firestorm is very good to increase the aoe even more.

:( im just so interested with the weapon because instead of an  elemental weapon, it just got so flexible given the tiny increase in stats! my normal ignis has 0 forma.

Edited by zileus

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Well. Name one weapon that doesnt need multishot. Also Heavy cal and the accuracy negative is super beneficial to the Ignis.

Mutalist Quanta is questionable on Multi-shot and the same goes for Castanas/Penta if looking to Place these items especially if using Tether Grenades for CC. (Those projectile placement limits, being the only real reason. Harpak/Paracyst secondary-fire also dislikes Multi-shot, but those weapons tend to have more downsides if a player is trying to mod for both Primary & Secondary fire.)

Ignis though...I would say Multi-shot is beneficial. I also strongly concur in regards to Heavy Caliber as it is just better.