Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor hate: it's the sound and effects

Monolake

You know how Simulor (and especially with MIrage) is the most annoying and the most hated thing in the game

And its not even game-breaking or the strongest or the easiest way to clean the map, its just highly annoying. The number 1 reason for it are Simulor effects: the jarring persistent orbs,  and of course the constant PEWPEWPEWPEPWPEW that makes you want to run away or mute the game. There are many threads asking to nerf Simulor  but what it needs is toning down the effects and changing the sound to be less annoying and loud instead of nerfing it just to make sure no one ever uses it again. 

Edited by Monolake

It's the sound and the visuals AND the fact that it's the weapon that requires the least effort in the game.

If it wasn't for the fact that it requires absolutely no aiming, it wouldn't be as popular, not as many people would be using it, and thus people wouldn't complain about about how obnoxious it is.

There are already dozens of articles just like this, all complaining about the Simulor.

It's a black hole launcher. What do you expect it to sound like, a speeding bullet? 

Sure, this may be feedback, but there are dozens of solutions to this problem. Don't play with anyone that runs the Simulor or Mirage, or the combo. What they can also do is change the color to a darker tone.

I personally don't mind the noise, because i'm massacring everything when I boost fellow Tenno up a few levels. 

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

Well, all those threads made me think about how to solve at least the blinding issue. It´s simple. Use a darker instead of a light energy color - the effects are very much visible. Even two shades darker are already a relief for the eyes of other players. 

It´s as Tactical said, everyone can do whatever the hell they want, and if they want to play Miragulor, fine, I let them be (just ran a sortie with two of them, and it was okay). And if people insist on playing Miragulor, cool, do what you want. But please, don´t use the brightest energy colour and be a walking flashbang. It´s not much to ask for. I did ask, and my team mates respected that and made their energy colors darker. Problem solved. 

(Btw, I ran this sortie in a Pub.) 

Edited by LondonUndercover

Just now, VentiGlondi said:

It's the sound and the visuals AND the fact that it's the weapon that requires the least effort in the game.

If it wasn't for the fact that it requires absolutely no aiming, it wouldn't be as popular, not as many people would be using it, and thus people wouldn't complain about about how obnoxious it is.

There are plenty of things that require literally zero effort -  like Ember, Equinox or Banshee afk 'gameplay'. And stealth melee doing magnitude more damage just aimlessly slide-attacking. But they don't get nearly as much hate since they dont have such annoying sounds and visuals. Simulor is annoying even without Mirage, it's a presentation problem most of all rather than power problem, it need improvement to the effects and sounds rather than a nerf. It will make everyone happier - those who use it and those who don't.

I propose that: 

a) It makes no sound

b) it whirly suda logos are only visible to the user; otherwise it's just a small black sphere indicating where the singularity is

c) we go back in time and uninvent it :P (a joke, a joke)

It is frustrating to play Viscera Cleanup Detail because there's a spamulor on the team, but it's just adding insult to injury to make us listen and look at that nonsense. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

• 3 weeks later...

It's kind of relative.  I mean, the first few times I heard it I thought it was a brilliant bit of sound design, it sounds very s-f, very high tech, very suitable to a Cephalon-inspired weapon.

But because of the Mirulor over-use, its become a sound I hate, hate, HATE, with a livid passion.