The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Banshee Prime worth it?

(PSN)Victini24316

Question

Is Banshee prime worth it? I've previously had wanted to get her but then the prime access came out and now I'm kind of on the fence on whether I should get her or not. Granted she has higher armour and power values and a higher sprint speed but the only other gear she comes with are the Helios prime and the Euphona prime. Which i'm pretty sure was supposed to be the Pyrana prime but was changed.

Do you think its worth spending about £60 to get her or just wait till the next prime access.

It all depends on how you see your financial situation as well as the time and fun you get from the money. I do not buy full priced games since then you have to buy a SEASON PASS + Microtransactions for things that should have been in the game at $60. Paying $120+ for games nowadays is crazy especially when you gotta go to point A to get this Pre-Order item and point B for the other one....and then they get released all on one disc for $30 later on.

Prime Access is a good one when they come with good items. 90 day boosters X2 is good to get that AFFIN & CREDS lag off and then the cosmetic items are enjoyable if you FashionFrame (except that Liset and Operator....those were terribad). Buying the Prime items can be a good deal since you give to this game in a way that helps keep the lights on and people fed. You also get some items that cannot be obtained by farming or trading. Finally, you get around 98 plat free for getting the Frames, Weapon, and Senti taking into consideration the slots and Catalyst/Reactors.

If you want to farm the pieces as well, you can do that and sell/trade/ducat them while having that total Frame loadout that those who only farm and craft will not fully acquire. This being a way to give back to the game is a double boon as well. I plan on buying both Prime packs for the XBOX ONE on the basis of this and that it is a new weapon for a change. I support that idea of new weapons over a prime of something we have played with before. I have that money to give to my choice of a worthy gaming experience since I never got into Mass Effect/Halo/COD/etc. This IS the game I have been waiting to play since the Dreamcast days showed characters and elements can be added to a game via downloading and gotten in game by playing. The fact it has NINJAing and Space and loads of weapons is a major plus. So drop money every once in a while and then use the plat earned to help those out that refuse/canno buy plat.

Do what feels right to you and enjoy whichever way you decide to go. Just remember that you only have 80 someodd days left to get her and then you gotta wait til she gets let out again....in a few years time with her items.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Baterial said:

NEVER PAY FOR PRIME ACCESS

9 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Since you want opinions. No PA is worth it, cause you can farm everything or buy plat for the same amount and just trade for the parts with plat left.

What do you two think keeps this game alive? Prair? Wishful thinking? Government subsidies? Patreon?

Here's a hint: it's people buying stuff, stuff like Prime Access. Be glad people do this, it means you can play this for free.

lots of misconceptions here.

PA is fancy discount platinum bundle with some extra stuff thrown in, and that's how it should be seen.
 If you care about plat, waiting for that -75% is better option. But if you want to drop some cash and feel ok with price, prime acces is decent deal.

Is this PA worth it? No, I don't think it is. I don't see any of this items keeping it's price for long, in few weeks all that gear will be purchaseable for peanuts.

Prime Access for me is more like a way to show support DE.

If you really want the best value for your money, I'd just wait for a 75% discount and buy the most expensive bundle.  Then you'll have enough platinums to buy Banshee Prime ingame and more.

I'd probably just buy the prime accessories since that's the real exclusive stuff.  I still havent bought a single PA but I'll probably will in the future.

On 03/07/2017 at 11:15 AM, ComCray said:

What do you two think keeps this game alive? Prair? Wishful thinking? Government subsidies? Patreon?

Here's a hint: it's people buying stuff, stuff like Prime Access. Be glad people do this, it means you can play this for free.

People who play it smart and wait for a discount coupon also contributes to keeping this game alive.

Let's be honest. If you look at Prime Access objectively, no it's not worth it

Edit: reading on the phone. Sorry for double posting

Edited by Coldie93

On 3/7/2017 at 6:16 AM, (PS4)Victini24316 said:

Is Banshee prime worth it? I've previously had wanted to get her but then the prime access came out and now I'm kind of on the fence on whether I should get her or not. Granted she has higher armour and power values and a higher sprint speed but the only other gear she comes with are the Helios prime and the Euphona prime. Which i'm pretty sure was supposed to be the Pyrana prime but was changed.

Do you think its worth spending about £60 to get her or just wait till the next prime access.

I have both banshee prime and banshee both with 6 forma on her. From my personal standpoint: HELL F**KING YES. She is DEFFINATELY worth it. But that's just my point of view :P

You have 4 different ways to build her. Each a different ability. Technically 5:

number 1: Use her 1st ability with the augment to instantly strip armor (look at vids for all these builds by the way) - God hand banshee

number 2: Use her 2nd ability with the augment to get insane damage buffs and insanely high crits :P very fun build - Sonar banshee

number 3: Use her 3rd ability with augment to become the savage silent banshee. There are two ways to build this. Long range, low duration, you use it to get a lot of enemies silenced and open for finishers, but you have to act fast and use the ability a lot. OR, low range, high duration, so when you run into a group, only the cloest ones are open to finishers, then you move along more and the next is ready to kill. This build requires less spam.

number 4: Use her 4th ability with augment - RQ banshee. Great for damage, and with buffers, it's OP for damage. Used a lot in defence and XP levelling missions.

number 5: Use her 4th ability WITHOUT augment with high range, and high efficiency and low damage (also highish duration) + primed flow + if you have it, the arcane helmet ( the original one) to give more efficiency. This build is amazing with an interception if you want to go an extremely long time. The ability lasts an extremely long time, perhaps the longest lasting, most effective CC ability that I know of. Back when prime part farming 1.0 was around, me a couple of friends went into a T4 interception and stayed for 200 rounds. We got crap tonnes of parts, but we did it with 2 banshee's, 1 trin and whatever else.The two banshee's sat in each corner nearest to each side containing each point and you capped all. The banshee was able to CC for up to 6 full minutes with the eff they had, so it was the most AFK missions I have ever done. I ended up watching youtube whilst playing. Was great. But now days I find that type of farming really boring. Up to you if you want to use this build or not.

Edited by Arniox

On 3/7/2017 at 6:20 AM, Baterial said:

NEVER PAY FOR PRIME ACCESS

I've so far never bought a full pack. But since trinity prime, I've bought every accessory pack (including trinities) and every un vaulting. But that's just me :P

REALLY wish I had gotten the nova prime one, and the volt one. I started playing back when Nyx prime had her prime access (or at least I came back to the game at that point, and have not stopped playing since then), but I never had the money for them back then. When volt prime came out, I was SERIOUSLY considering getting his pack. I really wish I did since I had the money at the time. The armor is so awesome and I wish I had dat sweet, sweet edo prime armor ;P

On 6/3/2017 at 6:16 PM, (PS4)Victini24316 said:

its better to get the accessories only and farm the rest :) i bought both cause i wanted banshee too bad

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, (PS4)Victini24316 said:

Is Banshee prime worth it?

Worth what? The effort?

If you liked Banshee, then sure. She's certainly worth the effort. She's all Banshee is and then some (shiny).

Worth the cost of PA? Well...that's only something you can answer for yourself. The only thing in the PA you can't get in the game is the forum avatar. If you want that, then sure, why not? Otherwise, she's pretty simple to farm up. 

The accessories are a wholly different matter, but if you like them (syandana is cool, but there's no shortage of good ones) and want the forum avatar and like Banshee, then maybe you might not mind the cost. You are supporting the game and the plat and boosters and whatnot are in there as well.

The gun...eh, I wasn't too impressed with it, but it works. Worth farming up, but not really worth any money.