Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psychological issues with the Game

Darkfreed0m

Question

Hello there,

I have played Warframe since 2014 and i have over 1K hours on it.

Since ever a year ago, i just can't get myself to start a mission on any kind of node.

Everytime there is a big update, i log in, look at the update news, walk around in my ship ,look at the market and etc. I basically spend max. 15 mins in game once in a few months.

When i open up the nav console i get a bad feeling as if i'm a child again and my mom shouts at me to do chores.

Then i quit and don't touch the game for months untill another major update comes out.

I think most of us know that Warframe includes grinding, and not little of it.

At some point i just stopped having fun with shooting things and play the game as a Ninja. Why use a stealthy approach and kill enemies one by one slowly, when you can Blast them into oblivion all at once? I think i've heard something a lot about a certain behaviour pathern in videogames "When you've found an efficient way to kill enemies, you're ALWAYS are going to use it". I know that this is all just a one sided issue that only i am he problem of. I COULD just play stealthy or use duck and shoot "tactics", but i won't. I have played so many hours on infested defense missions to farm for recrouses,to craft me a sweet new weapon, but then what? I'll use it for one exterminate mission, and then it starts to collect dust in my armory (unless it's a very efficient weapon).

I think i have done so much boring and painful grinding, that i have grown a reflex to avoid playing this game. I just CAN't start a mission, even if it's an Event.

Besides all this, i still think that Warframe is a well crafted game.

Has anyone similar issues? Is there prehaps...a solution?

Thank you for your replies in advance.

j0GvRvu.jpg

Edited by Darkfreed0m
clearifying things

21 answers to this question

For psychological issues all I can recommend is this.

However I wouldn't call this a psychological issue by any stretch, you just don't find the game fun anymore and as such aren't all that interested in playing it. There's nothing wrong with you for feeling that way.

Edit: What's with all these ''Take a break, you'll feel better after a couple of weeks'' comments.

Like, look.

34 minutes ago, Darkfreed0m said:

Since ever a year ago, i just can't get myself to start a mission on any kind of node.

Everytime there is a big update, i log in, look at the update news, walk around in my ship ,look at the market and etc. I basically spend max. 15 mins in game once in a few months.

They've been on a break for the past year, you guys suggesting they take a couple of weeks more really isn't going to do much.

Edited by DeMonkey

I largely just play events, or with friends, but sometimes I'll mess around. Honestly, I like the lack of pressure to do stuff. You just do your own thing. If you want to do the stealth thing, that's your prerogative, but I like the run-around-and-shoot-stuff mechanic, and I'll still go back to old weapons that maybe aren't so good but are fun to play, like Ogris. You make your own fun.

Sit back, relax, grab a survival game ((preferably one with out cannibals, zombies, blocky spiders from hell or sharks)) and call it a game vacation, that's what I did. Just make sure you login at least once a day to get your daily... I regret that still that I didn't do that..

I believe @ashrah is correct. Take a break from the game for a week or more. Maybe even until the next "major" content drop. In the meantime, play something completely different. After the break, come back and see if anything has changed.

first year i know wen i started i played  really lot... frming all day long in start its really fun u get new stuff... i was worked to max all mods i needed in that time...but later gets old pretty fast...its best have couple games... and u switch from time to time... once game starts to  make u angry.. its best move on...make some break...watch titch.. some new games.. then wen u back u have will  to play.. and much better mood

I can only recc. that you take a 5 month break - people say Warframe is too grindy, I promise you, it isn't. Warframe just doesnt have any concrete goals, which would be fine, if the game was openworld or had sidequests, but once you complete all the quests and planets... there isn't much to do OTHER than farm - just because MR is there, doesnt mean you have to fully utilize its benefits it provides. I think that the clan events/Shadow of Mordor thingy will fix that gap for... dedicated players and vets. I think Steve is trying to change that by bring in new devs and writers and whatnot but for now...you just gotta rest.

Just take a break and soon you will be like me, burned out completely and all your routine is... Major Update or Next PA or any new Frame Appears -> Log in(Only that period ignore the rest) -> Check the news -> Buy the new stuff with plat -> Rank it till 30(Classic Akkad or Bere with booster) -> Log out for months and wait till something new appears -> Repeat. 

The idea that your mom is yelling at you part - speaks to your subconscious reminding you that you are giving up other important things to play the game as much as you are.  I am sure there are other things you want and need to focus on, but have been replacing with Warframe..potentially, just my $0.02c and I am no doctor.  See a doctor if you want professional advice or feel yo can't move forward.  

I have experienced this in games I played too much in the past.  It is also, as others have said, likely what is known as "burn out," which you can get from anything you do to much of to the exclusion of everything else.  

You do not need to give up Warframe, it is not going anywhere.  Simply log in once in a while and the rest of the time do something different or play a totally different kind of game.  

You only live once, and most people don't live well.  Take this chance to reflect and enjoy a break.

Cheers 0/

1 hour ago, Darkfreed0m said:

Is there prehaps...a solution?

The solution is fairly simple, at least in my mind.  Find a new game or three, try them out, get invested in them and you will either forget about warframe for a while.  Then you can either never return, return someday for nostalgia's sake and find you love it again or you will be playing the new game one day and realize you really miss how warframe does things.

I've been playing nearly 2 years daily and despite not having done half the things I want to do or gotten the things I wish were easier to farm for I still find things to do daily.  Its just a matter of preference, no one can really solve this for you.

20 minutes ago, Sibcoe said:

The idea that your mom is yelling at you part - speaks to your subconscious reminding you that you are giving up other important things to play the game as much as you are.  I am sure there are other things you want and need to focus on, but have been replacing with Warframe..potentially, just my $0.02c and I am no doctor.  See a doctor if you want professional advice or feel yo can't move forward.  

I have experienced this in games I played too much in the past.  It is also, as others have said, likely what is known as "burn out," which you can get from anything you do to much of to the exclusion of everything else.  

You do not need to give up Warframe, it is not going anywhere.  Simply log in once in a while and the rest of the time do something different or play a totally different kind of game.  

You only live once, and most people don't live well.  Take this chance to reflect and enjoy a break.

Cheers 0/

Thank you for caring, but i think you looked a bit too deep into this. I've said a feeling LIKE it. i was comparing the grind with doing chores. I guess i need to be more precise. The game was not holding me up on anything, i still did things i had to do.

35 minutes ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

Just take a break and soon you will be like me, burned out completely and all your routine is... Major Update or Next PA or any new Frame Appears -> Log in(Only that period ignore the rest) -> Check the news -> Buy the new stuff with plat -> Rank it till 30(Classic Akkad or Bere with booster) -> Log out for months and wait till something new appears -> Repeat. 

lol man whats the point on playing then ? XD just to not stay behind with MR ? 

1 hour ago, Darkfreed0m said:

Yeah...but it's a video game i have invested a lot of time and money into. I can't revert this now.

I would rather say you invested a lot of money to buy a good time. And by your description of over 1k hours it looks like your money bought you a lot of good time. And a lot cheaper than most AAA games would do (in terms of money / time).

Don't regret anything and don't look back. Take a real break without thinking about Warframe and find something else to have fun. You don't "invest" money nor time in any game. You are only buying good time.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

lol man whats the point on playing then ? XD just to not stay behind with MR ? 

I am behind in MR anyway :crylaugh: , like way behind but i don't really care since its just a number...... I just buy new stuff since i still got platinum stored from long time ago. Its just you never know, i might decide to become a hardcore WF player again. 

Just now, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

I am behind in MR anyway :crylaugh: , like way behind but i don't really care since its just a number...... I just buy new stuff since i still got platinum stored from long time ago. Its just you never know, i might decide to become a hardcore WF player again. 

there are so many games out there worth to be played, I make sometimes breaks as well

Play it with friends.

Put Warframe in a window. Open a movie on the side.

Watch movie, discuss things with friends, chillax.

Set small goals in mind.

4 forma Nova build. Work at it.

Or maybe you're just burnt up on Warframe. Quit and go play another game.