The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warbros Prime's True Event Score Denied by DE

facepalm1337

Just now, DrLickWeiner said:

Sorry failed to see the point. please elaborate. 

You may expect to make a call on your iPhone 7, but it explodes instead and burns half of your face. Are you at fault for buying iPhones or using it too close to your head?

1 minute ago, X479 said:

If Audi sells 1000 cars with faulty Airbags, and one of those customers gets in an accident. Would you blame him for not having a functioning Airbag? Haha.

Just ignore them.

Reminder to Warbros, you came here to complain to DE, not to argue with the common forum troll.

2 minutes ago, X479 said:

If Audi sells 1000 cars with faulty Airbags, and one of those customers gets in an accident. Would you blame him for not having a functioning Airbag? Haha.

Wouldn't buy Audi cause I already know they have a S#&$ty safety record and would actually do this on purpose.  

7 minutes ago, DrLickWeiner said:

Yes

6 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, DrLickWeiner said:

Wait, you are been serious? 

I'm serious, why aren't you? iPhone was an example of faulty tech. Think of that woman in China who was consumed by escalator, still want to joke about it?

Edited by Trvldl

I think what the folks at Warbros don't understand is that many of us would have been more sympathetic if a different tone had been taken from the beginning. I get exactly why those from Warbros are saying it is unfair. I get the argument about precedent. 

But when a core part of your argument is also "DE purposely is trying to screw over Warbros because they hate us" you lose a lot of people who would have had sympathy for you. 

I disagree with DE plenty, I have raised a lot of concerns over the last week about this event, but that is just entirely the wrong tone to take and totally counter productive. It doesn't make them likely to change anything in your favor, if anything it makes it less likely. 

Anyways congrats to Warbros and Dicht on getting amazing scores, great runs and dedication from all of you, and you should all be proud of your accomplishment. 

2 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

so Warbros heres your complimentary condescending pat on the head gif and a tip for you.

pat-head.gif

Next time assume there is a cut off time for points and make sure to get all your S#&$ done before the event time ends. 

The Master has spoken, everyone can go home now.

4 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

Next time assume there is a cut off time for points and make sure to get all your S#&$ done before the event time ends. 

Thanks for advice. Did you feel a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you sent that? That feeling is the only reason you are responding here so far, you have nothing to say on the matter.

warbros #1

and respect to dicht no matter the outcome for some damn nice (and clean-looking) runs and strong competition

but the crux of the issue must be considered: just imagine not simply our 6932 points lost to this sort of poorly-communicated and inconsistent behavior but also those of any other clans who had runs going before the timer ended (under assumptions based on reliable past behavior) and were also greeted with the same disappointment of their last-minute efforts being shown to them and recorded only to be yanked away (and this is entirely disregarding the numerous long runs comprising thousands of points lost to network issues)

Judging by [DE]Taylors responce i assume this was a technical thing.

They were going to send the rewards after the end of the event.

So only after the event ended they started to work on script to send ignis wraith to people. So they had to lock the leaderboards because to reward someone who finished post-fact they would have run the script again, reconfigured to reward the late ones.

I understand the locking of leaderboards. I also understand the reasoning behind "why alerts and fissures aren't the same?" However i disagree: they aren't the same in theit respective context. Context being: event was competetive, alerts and fissures are not. They are just grind-holes.

Therefore you should think of the event as some kind of major comptetive IRL sports equivalent. They can't stop the reward cereminy mid-way because someone bested #1 and they will have to take off their golden medal and give to the other guy who just showed up.

I do however believe DE should've warned people via redtext messages. That was a miss from their side. Perhaps they simply had forgotten to do it. A simple miss.

And no way i'll believe that they somehow hate the "Warbros". Of favorite the "Dicht".

"They don't care" (just that, not insult/negativity implied) is a much more reasonable explanation.

I didn't even know such clans existed and have some sort of rivarly if not for this thread.

Edited by Artek94

1 hour ago, -JT-Stepz said:

Dont care about WarbrosPrime, they was bug users in past events, but bugs stike them back.

Gratz, dicht!

Well the event handling was indeed unusual and kinda not fair for the whole playerbase because it vastly differed from the usual way it worked. I only dislike the idea of sneaking overtime runs in because it dishonors a fight in my opinion but well, thats only me.. after all its till a legit option everyone could do

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

21 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Judging by [DE]Taylors responce i assume this was a technical thing.

They were going to send the rewards after the end of the event.

So only after the event ended they started to work on script to send ignis prime to people. So they had to lock the leaderboards because to reward someone who finished post-fact they would have run the script again, reconfigured to reward the late ones.

I understand the locking of leaderboards. I also understand the reasoning behind "why alerts and fissures aren't the same?" However i disagree: they aren't the same in theit respective context. Context being: event was competetive, alerts and fissures are not. They are just grind-holes.

Therefore you should think of the event as some kind of major comptetive IRL sports equivalent. They can't stop the reward cereminy mid-way because someone bested #1 and they will have to take off their golden medal and give to the other guy who just showed up.

I do however believe DE should've warned people via redtext messages. That was a miss from their side. Perhaps they simply had forgotten to do it. A simple miss.

And no way i'll believe that they somehow hate the "Warbros". Of favorite the "Dicht". "They don't care" (just that, not insult/negativity implied) is a much more reasonable explanation.

I didn't even know such clans existed and have some sort of rivarly if not for this thread.

They didn't lock the leaderboards.

They locked the clan leaderboards while leaving the individual leaderboards unlocked.

And then the real kicker is that they rolled back scores. This is, of course, after denying several members their legitimately-earned scores that got lost due to servers or bugs*, closing the support tickets with the reason being "We are unfortunately not able to modify event mission results or scores at any time, and recommend any failed or broken missions be repeated." DE also claimed that they stopped recording runs which is clearly false as those players' scores updated.

It's not even rivalry if you actually look at the thread. It's the fact that this kind of stuff completely undermines competition itself.

Sports are a terrible example anyway. If you throw a basketball before the buzzer and it goes in after, you still get points.

6 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

And then if that assumption proves false, you're at a relative disadvantage to any clan who didn't make that assumption. Basically turns it into a coin flip. It would be one thing if it were actually consistent, but as previously mentioned, it's not.

* come on now, they could at least have your score update as you play rather than ONLY be able to update at the end. It basically turned runs into a gamble of whether or not the scores counted or not, and I know we're not the only clan that had this issue. Who would use a word processor that only lets you save after you've finished writing something for 18 hours?

Just now, widenose said:

They didn't lock the leaderboards.

They locked the clan leaderboards while leaving the individual leaderboards unlocked.

And then the real kicker is that they rolled back scores. This is, of course, after denying several members their legitimately-earned scores that got lost due to servers or bugs*, closing the support tickets with the reason being "We are unfortunately not able to modify event mission results or scores at any time, and recommend any failed or broken missions be repeated." DE also claimed that they stopped recording runs which is clearly false as those players' scores updated.

Again i believe this to be a technical issue, combined with some DE's agenda that i can't know about.

We received personal rewards ASAP when reaching the goals, but clan rewards were sent post-fact which is why they had to lock their leaderboards first.

I'm trying to think of a reason why the scores were reverted though. Or how. Maybe they run a script "return to what it was during X time period" (not sure if that's even possible). Which would imply that they totally wanted it to be that way (scores only matter before event is over, which makes sense on its own, but makes less sense considering that it wasn't the case in the past).

If anything this is the case of bad communication and prep-work. They should be more specific when explaining the rules of competetion and try to anticipate such unexpected things as finishing the mission past-event.

I mean, even though i know that fissures, alerts and sorties don't work this way - in event's case i would be working from the worst assumption and try to finish before the official end-time. I don't even know why exactly, its just a gut-feeling.

Edited by Artek94