Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please explain this

XSKINDERGARTEN

Apparently I just found out that the Banshee pack is up on steam for ¥347≈$50(Chinese yuan). DAFUQ??? I spend my $139.99≈¥967 on the Banshee pack. And yes, I literally went to the official website on my phone and purchased it when it's first released. And now you are telling me that it's up on steam for nearly 1/3 of the price? I wonder why does DE do that. At least for me, I no longer trust in any prices that DE puts up, who knows when or where it will pop up again in an extreme low price?

Ironically the first image displayed on steam was a from the prime access page. https://warframe.com/prime-access The big $139.99 is right there, LUL

BTW if anyone can tell me how to attach images to forum I will add some more pictures.

Pretty sure that's a bug, Prime Access packs have never been available directly on Steam.
Steam can be used as a payment method, but it has never been distributed on it.

The reason you're seeing that is perhaps the way China does things.
Prime Access here in the states and Canada, as well as a bunch of other places, is never found on Steam directly.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

6 minutes ago, XSKINDERGARTEN said:

Apparently I just found out that the Banshee pack is up on steam for ¥347≈$50(Chinese yuan). DAFUQ??? I spend my $139.99≈¥967 on the Banshee pack. And yes, I literally went to the official website on my phone and purchased it when it's first released. And now you are telling me that it's up on steam for nearly 1/3 of the price? I wonder why does DE do that. At least for me, I no longer trust in any prices that DE puts up, who knows when or where it will pop up again in an extreme low price?

Ironically the first image displayed on steam was a from the prime access page. https://warframe.com/prime-access The big $139.99 is right there, LUL

BTW if anyone can tell me how to attach images to forum I will add some more pictures.

...You are aware there are 3 levels of Prime Access, yes?

Level 1: $50 - Non-frame Primes + plat

Level 2: $80 - All Prime gear + plat

Level 3: $140 - All Prime gear + plat + Prime Accessories

Prime Accessories is also sold separately for $50, and has no plat.

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Pretty sure that's a bug, Prime Access packs have never been available directly on Steam.
Steam can be used as a payment method, but it has never been distributed on it.

The reason you're seeing that is perhaps the way China does things.
Prime Access here in the states and Canada, as well as a bunch of other places, is never found on Steam directly.

I can assure you that it's there:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/602584/

Screenshot for those that are still skeptical:

7XfFeNj.png

DuSB51C.png

It's sold as different packs though.

Edited by SurrealEdge

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

I can assure you that it's there:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/602584/

Screenshot for those that are still skeptical:

It's sold as different packs though.

Oh I see, I was unaware that it was actually distributed on Steam as well as on Warframe's own website.

Still don't know how to answer the OP, not really sure where to start. xD

Huh.  They ARE on steam.  Were they always there?  Never noticed them before.

That said, they're all priced correctly for me, but they're done a little weird.  It looks like Accessories is available for 50 bucks, ok that's normal, but the prime access itself seems to technically only cost a dollar, but can only be bought in a bundle that adds 48.99, 78.99, or 138.99 depending on tier.  Plus the Sonar pack is only listed on the main page, the Prime Access page only lists the Silence and Sound Quake packs.  Seems like a weird way to do it, but hey whatever works.

2 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Huh.  They ARE on steam.  Were they always there?  Never noticed them before.

That said, they're all priced correctly for me, but they're done a little weird.  It looks like Accessories is available for 50 bucks, ok that's normal, but the prime access itself seems to technically only cost a dollar, but can only be bought in a bundle that adds 48.99, 78.99, or 138.99 depending on tier.  Plus the Sonar pack is only listed on the main page, the Prime Access page only lists the Silence and Sound Quake packs.  Seems like a weird way to do it, but hey whatever works.

Only there for Banshee Prime, only knew about it from a friend that saw it last week before it was taken down and put back up this week.

@AEP8FlyBoy Screenshots didn't work when I posted, but well you saw the link so yeah. No idea why they started doing this now.

Edited by SurrealEdge

3 minutes ago, XSKINDERGARTEN said:

6MhHcQ2.pngGRN9WSh.png

for all of those who's wondering about whether it's the accessories pack or anything else, here's the image, was trying to work out the bbc code thing and changing my steam to English so you guys can see

Considering you aren't posting the full screen and it looks as if potentially edited.. I am skeptical

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Considering you aren't posting the full screen and it looks as if potentially edited.. I am skeptical

I don't waste my time and lie to you, there are no benefits for me. If you want any other screenshots I can show it to you, and please be specific about what's a "full screen" to you.

I checked the steam page for Prime Access, and just like with many other games, it's discounted due to the currency exchange, I live in Southamerica and the PA are so much cheaper if I buy them with my local currency instead of US dollars. 

I wish we had an announcement about PA being sold on Steam (I haven't purchased PA, but I'll get the accesories pack in my local currency).

1 minute ago, Kamentari said:

I checked the steam page for Prime Access, and just like with many other games, it's discounted due to the currency exchange, I live in Southamerica and the PA are so much cheaper if I buy them with my local currency instead of US dollars. 

I wish we had an announcement about PA being sold on Steam (I haven't purchased PA, but I'll get the accesories pack in my local currency).

I guess I'll never go to the official prime access website again since it's so much cheaper(I wonder how much it is in the Russian region)

1 hour ago, XSKINDERGARTEN said:

I guess I'll never go to the official prime access website again since it's so much cheaper(I wonder how much it is in the Russian region)

Same here, I'll stick to Steam store. The $140 PA is discounted about 30% from the official page :v

1 hour ago, XSKINDERGARTEN said:

DE made a terrible move here lol

I don't think so, it's a matter of currency exchange and adjusting to the income of the country/region I think. For example the minimum wage in the US is a lot more than in my country, so spending $140 for PA to me is too high, but the discounted price in the Steam store is much more reasonable (only downside is that I can't use Paypal to purchase steam wallet money), so the PA has been made more accesible for my country. It's the same with games in Steam, the price is adjusted for each region/country.

There are people who abuse this though and change their region to purchase stuffs at lower prices. Though Steam bans account that do that I think.

Edited by Kamentari