The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ovtavia? Really?

CuteFoxyFox

1 hour ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Eugh, my usual color choices for frames involve lavenders and cool greys, with brighter purples for the energy.

People are going to think that's what I'm doing, but I'm not. I don't like the show. e.e 

not the only one, i don't like mlp, but players gonna be like "OH you like mlp because of your colors, you are a kid " snif, my beautiful color :'c

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Go look it up. They named it after a my little pony.

Octavia is a really old name, and sounds like octaves, the musical notes range [or something like that]. It has nothing to do with that stupid pony. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Go look it up. They named it after a my little pony.

here is the origin of the name

3 hours ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Octave is one of the basic units of measurement in musical theory. It means a distance of 8 notes (or 12 chromatic notes) and it's also a distance between same notes (becuz there's 7 repeating notes, you know). The name looks quite suitable.

:v

1 hour ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

So they named it after a my little pony?  Wow, they should be mighty proud of themselves.

Maybe they named her after the witch Octavia? ;D

mtR6ULF.jpg

They even have similar helm...

My suffering is ready...

Edited by Neptlude

My main problem with the Name "Octavia" is how easy it was. Everything that has a music character uses Octavia as a name. It's boring, it's not interesting. We had so many unique choices and without voting, we're stuck with this name. I'm hoping that DE gives design council a chance and makes a top 8 for bardframe's name, and let's people vote there. 

2 minutes ago, Server said:

My main problem with the Name "Octavia" is how easy it was. Everything that has a music character uses Octavia as a name. It's boring, it's not interesting. We had so many unique choices and without voting, we're stuck with this name. I'm hoping that DE gives design council a chance and makes a top 8 for bardframe's name, and let's people vote there. 

Was one on the list Arpeggio? 

2 hours ago, aligatorno said:

Octavia is a really old name, and sounds like octaves, the musical notes range [or something like that]. It has nothing to do with that stupid pony. 

I'll just add a little trivia here:

The name Octavia is a Roman name. People in antient Rome were sort of lazy when it comes to naming kids and all daughters had the same family name.

Octavia is a daughter of Octavia family (really, all daughters had the same name).

And definitely DE chose this name bacause of the similarity to word octave... not the cartoon about ponies >_____>

26 minutes ago, Server said:

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, Wevi said:

The frame wont even go higher than 1 octave to even justify that name

Octavesia sounds weird.

ba-dum tss

In all seriousness, I'm not a fan either. But I expected the name not to delve meaningfully into her theme. Excaliber? Ash? Trinity? They've gotten more sophisticated since the vanilla frames, but not by much.

5 hours ago, notlamprey said:

Maybe they'll find a way to make it seem less hamhanded in the context of the quest, but we had wonderful suggestions like "Locria" from the community.

The Locrian Mode is a neat concept that would have dovetailed wonderfully with "orokin space-magic warrior who weaponizes music," but oh well.

My father was a gifted musician...and yet my viceral response to "Locria" is being force-fed snot-covered vegetables  as a kid so I could eat a cookie.

Subjective is subjective...😊

17 minutes ago, Domesticon said:

Hang on now, I remember people from the Design Council specifically saying they weren't given input on Bardframe's name and that DE had decided on their own. Are we seeing some lies here?

Maybe 1 guy just sent in the name as a suggestion?

3 hours ago, Domesticon said:

Hang on now, I remember people from the Design Council specifically saying they weren't given input on Bardframe's name and that DE had decided on their own. Are we seeing some lies here?

It says exactly what it's supposed to. People submitted names, DE chose among them. No lies.