The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is (one of ) the best primary weapon vs Infested ?

Matxer

Question

21 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

every weapon with gas status =]

The funny thing about this is... you didn't even think about toxic ancients right? they nullify toxin damage, which is Gas's primary source of area damage. So you proc gas, and deal the initial damage (reduced!), but then all the toxin damage in the cloud goes into nothing against them, and all units around them.

If I had to say a weapon that's not on these ranks, I would say Amprex, just because I like the gun, and electricity deals area damage + stunning, which stops the infested stampede.

4 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

The funny thing about this is... you didn't even think about toxic ancients right?

no, because they are not a problem like at all. I do Hieracon daily, not just 1 run but way more, and till 4k cryo I pretty much run around with Brakk with gas stauts and barely if at all have problems with stuff dying.

40 minutes ago, ashrah said:

that will go well until toxin ancients combined with healer ancients starts to spawn in numbers.. then gas doing no dmg and heal them

in pubs you wont get past 2-4k cryo mark (or it's equivalent) and untill then one shouldn't have much problems with killing stuff (so gas proc's are enough). It's not even worth for farming to go more than 40 min unless you're doing some kind of personal/event challange but then you will have an organized group (either from clan or chat)

On 14/3/2017 at 10:08 AM, --RV--D4VE- said:

in pubs you wont get past 2-4k cryo mark (or it's equivalent) and untill then one shouldn't have much problems with killing stuff (so gas proc's are enough). It's not even worth for farming to go more than 40 min unless you're doing some kind of personal/event challange but then you will have an organized group (either from clan or chat)

Things to think about you probably didn't: It wasn't pub specific, so long runs should be viable. Also, there was no enemy level cap, nor desired content difficulty, or forma upgrades for the weapons. You telling me you can kill everything with a brakk at 4K criotic is not weird at all because brakk is a good weapon overall, the fact it is a good weapon doesn't mean it is a good weapon against infested specific, specially since it's impact based.

If I said I can kill anything with my marelok and I build gas in it, that doesn't mean gas helps, or that it isn't overkill in the first place.

Not counting healers, because they make all units proc immune, you could build for explosion instead and have better results since it knocks them down and deals extra damage against heavy infested.

There's plenty of weapons that work well against Infested. If you don't go AoE then punch-through is pretty useful.

But whatever you pick, I'd suggest Blast damage Infested if you have Primed Cryo Rounds, unless you're fighting lvl 200+ in which case Viral.