The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can now never own a primed fury

(PSN)Dubbie_Shambles

Question

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I sold my primed fury back when it was tradable with the intention of buying it back when I had more platinum, but now that it is untradable Is it completely impossible for me to own one and there for have a complete codex?

I only have 2 Rules I follow when Trading.

"Never Sell anything I only have 1 of" 

and

"Don't Nerf myself for Platinum"

Not sure why people want to be toxic. All you asked was if it was possible to get it back. Sure it's obvious that it was something you did without thinking it over. Doesn't mean everyone needs to point-out the obvious so much. It's like all the special snowflake threads where 20 people need to make the same exact thread rather than comment on an existing one.

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Daily Tributes (login rewards) are not tradeable, Baro's mods are.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The only non-tradable primed mods are Primed Fury and Primed Vigor, both being daily log-in rewards. 

Ahh ok Ty :D

3 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

Not sure why people want to be toxic. All you asked was if it was possible to get it back. Sure it's obvious that it was something you did without thinking it over. Doesn't mean everyone needs to point-out the obvious so much. It's like all the special snowflake threads where 20 people need to make the same exact thread rather than comment on an existing one.

Thank you

Truth be told, the moment DE decided to make Primed Fury untradeable they should've shut the servers down, traced every single Primed Fury transaction and returned them to original owners before going back online. Because a Primed Mod becoming untradeable just like that is breaking their own rules, if anything. No other mod, Primed or not was account-locked before. Nothing indicated this could happen at all. And then it did. 

Imagine they ran some new event and rolled out a mod that is let's say, equally popular to Maiming Strike.

Day one, new mod is all the rage, hundreds of thousands Platinum change hands, Trade chat is exploding...

Day five, event ends. Trade chat is still boiling over.

Day six, DE suddenly decides that from this point forward, all event mods are to be account locked. And locks them in place with a hotfix. Imagine the uproar... And consider that Primed Fury situation was almost as bad. 

Unfortunately, DE decided that it's not worth the hassle to roll anything back and left it as is. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)HyperInfestation said:

Never Sell anything I only have 1 of

Also, this ^

Edited by Reifnir

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT. I traded with a guy in my clan,he is a big melee player, I am not. He was three weeks away from getting the mod. The intention was to trade back when he got his. It took him about a month to reach 200 days in that time the change was made.he has 2, I have 0.NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT.

You gamble and you lose ...

I honestly don't feel bad for anyone making a decision like that for quick profit. Yes you can say they caged it so it was de fault but things get updated all the time how many builds and forma have became useless and changed. Weapons that are no longer top tier and what about when they switched from keys to relics. I know I farmed alot of t4md back in the day that are now changed and useless. And Rivens that got changed the first few weeks it was put into the game. Or what about all those arcane distillers I have but now you only need 1 and your good forever.

Point is you made a choice and it didn't pan out your way.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

Was it tradable? Yes

is it now? No

is that my fault? ....

Yes. Yes it is. Sorry man. I know it must suck and I'm not trying to rag on you for this, but the reason why it was made untradable is to avoid players from getting scammed. Whether that was your intention or not, you had no reason to sell that mod especially when its not listed on the drop tables. As far has nothing should be unattainable, there's tons of content that his unattainable to certain players. Consoles can't get Excalibur Prime, all three platforms have exclusive skins and syandanas, those that could not go to tennocon 2016 are not going to be able to get that syandana.....That's just life. 

On 14.3.2017 at 8:34 PM, CherryPauper said:

Yeah, but OP sold it for plat so they wouldn't help him/her. At least I doubt it. Support would definitely help if the OP accidentally sold the mod for credits or endo, but I don't see why they would help if it was sold for plat to another player.

It was theyr fault for changing the rules along the way tho. It was this change that put OP into the situation he is now. Worth a try.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, Azlen said:

True, but the thing is, as everyone else here has stated, you had some reasonable assumption to assume that it shouldn't have been. You are right, it should not have been tradeable, but you also should have been able to assume that. Purely saying "well it's DE's fault for letting me trade it" won't get you anywhere. The fact of the matter is you should have known better. And also, the fix was done like 2 days after it was available, so if you saw that happen, there is reasonable assumption that you should've contacted support right then once you realized you'd be unable to get your mod back. I feel for you because I almost ended up in a similar boat. I borrowed a friend's who got it a while before me because I wanted to try it out. See where it would fit in builds. A couple hours after I gave it back, they fixed the issue with it being tradeable. Had it gotten stuck on my account though, I would have contacted support right away.

just pointing out that as hes a ps4 player, that would mean DE would have ignored it intentionally, as our updates are monthly (if lucky)

we also get it a month after you guys, so this could/should have been seen coming by DE, and fixed before ps4 or xbox ran across it

On 3/14/2017 at 4:43 PM, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I didn't expect to get much help/support in this forum but I am amazed by the amount of DE riders that can't see this from my point of view......are you on the payroll?

I am seeing at hybrid standpoint point of view, half from yours, and half from a sellers perspective. I would have kept the mod in hopes that later on someone would want to buy it back because they would have sold theirs, but the since it would be an exclusive and significant time has passed, I would have sold it for even more than anyone would have thought the mod to be worth in the first place.

Jesus christ, these forums disgust me sometimes.

Let's say that OP did not lend his PF to a clanmate out of pure goodwill.
Let's assume the worst-case scenario, and say that OP was indeed doing the nasty, nasty deed of making a quick buck off the mod (which is the case for 99% of missing-primed-fury reports).

He simply would have made a sale while supply was low and demand was high. The buyer would have been 100% aware of this, and consented to purchase the mod anyway. And, if at a later date OP decided to use PF, he could have purchased one from another user for a lower price. Keep in mind-- and this is very important-- that there was zero indication that anything unexpected would occur.

The end result: OP would have made his profit, and neither him nor his trade partners would have been harmed.

- That's not a "stupid" decision. That's objectively the smarter thing to do.
- That's not an "immoral" decision. All parties would have known what they were getting into, and would have received exactly what they expected.
- There is NOTHING wrong with what OP did.

But hey, let's all rag on OP and call him stupid anyways. Clearly, his year-old account should rightfully be put at a permanent disadvantage to 99.9% of other accounts, just because he didn't anticipate that DE would pull out the rug from underneath him. And clearly, it's okay for us all to point fingers and laugh at him for it.

Honestly. Had DE provided literally any ingame indication that trading login rewards was unintended, OP may have been even slightly at fault.
But they didn't.

Edited by SortaRandom

On 3/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

Can someone please tell me how I go about submitting a ticket? It's got to be worth a try

The only possible solution would be to contact support and see what they have to say, though they typically require this to be done ASAP in order to do so:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Outside of this, I'm afraid there is nothing else to offer in the way of help in this situation, so I will be locking this thread.