The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can now never own a primed fury

(PSN)Dubbie_Shambles

Question

3 minutes ago, Sirabot said:

This issue should have been resolved long ago by reversing the trades with a script. DE screwed up here. DE should have fixed it.

The problem with reversing trades involving plat is that it puts one of them in the - plat if they spent it. Do you know what happens if you have negative plat? You get banned. Now how is that fair? 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

-snip

Hypothetical question: Are you willing to buy the mod back from DE for the same platinum prices that you sold your for? If yes, do you have proof of the transaction when making the original trade?

You can try to make a case if you'd answer Yes to both, but I'm definitely not betting on anything can be done.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I sold my primed fury back when it was tradable with the intention of buying it back when I had more platinum, but now that it is untradable Is it completely impossible for me to own one and there for have a complete codex?

Wow. Total waste. I never get why people buy something of theirs as soon as they get it after it comes back. Why not just use It...  And someone out there has two useless,  untradable  prime mods. (not saying the mod is useless, just useless having two) 

36 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

I can easily see a solution where they take some plat away to give it to you.

Yeah,  the exact price tag. But how would DE get that? Unless they keep tabs on every single trade happening in the game 

3 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Wow. Total waste. I never get why people buy something of theirs as soon as they get it after it comes back. Why not just use It...  And someone out there has two useless,  untradable  prime mods. (not saying the mod is useless, just useless having two) 

don't forget about helios and its deconstructor weapon... but then again not a lot of people use it but i thought i would point that out

28 minutes ago, danewgui2 said:

It was obtainable, and you had it.

And then you sold it.

Don't worry, it's just a mod, your mod, 200 days of Warframe, gone.

No idea why OP sold something like that as soon as he got it though. I would just keep it. It's 200 days worth of pride. It's like when a new prime comes out and people sell it as soon as they get a set. Why not just keep the hours worth of grinding to yourself?             

29 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Support department only keeps detailed transaction info for a limited amount of time.  If you traded this away back when Primed Fury was first available (almost 9 months ago), then you're out of luck because they don't know anymore who you traded it to and for how much.   Unless you can persuade DE to take pity on you, you're out of luck.

Lessons to learn:

1. If you make a serious mistake, contact support IMMEDIATELY, not over half a year later.
  2. Risks are risky. Don't take risks if you aren't willing to bear the consequences
  3. If an item is implicitly "One per customer", then it's probably not supposed to be tradeable.

3rd one. People CHOSE to take that risk. Even though it was heavily implied: 1 per person. In cases like this, it means they're exclusive to ONE person

I get what you are saying OP even if everyone else is ganging up on you. 

The thing is I doubt there is anything that can or will be done about this; there are not even enough people likely to be upset about this since it doesn't affect them really- to really promote enough push for anything to change in that aspect.

You did mess up though; mistakes happen and I think the hostility people are giving you for it is undue- but that being said you are just going to have to get over it and move on. You won't be able to get it now; and it's just something you are going to have to deal with and be more careful of in the future.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I sold my primed fury

I only have two questions.

1. Why would you sell something that is a login reward, everyone will eventually get one, including the person you sold it to.  
  2. How much did you sell it for?

yes I know you sold it with the expectation to buy it back later, but again, really just why.  I mean... the chances of you purchasing it back for the same amount or cheaper than you sold it were is astronomical even if it remained tradable.  The person you sold it to would eventually get his own FOR FREE, so what oh what will he do with his spare? SELL IT FOR PROFIT.  

Unless he was a close personal friend of yours, which is feasible, it just seems unlikely to ever get a return on such a sale.  Yeah, DE should have make it crystal clear at the start it was to be untradable, but what runs through the minds of those who get a FREE ITEM that everyone can obtain (FOR FREEEEE) that makes them think selling it would ever be a good idea.

In a nutshell, you got your plat, cherish it and use it wisely and I can only hope you got an amazing deal from some noob who had no idea what they were buying at the time.  The likelihood of DE taking pity on you is quite small.  

You profited from your actions knowing all the facts necessary to make your choice.  Even were they to have remained tradable you'd probably be on here anyway complaining you couldn't find anyone who'd sell you one for under 5k or whatever price is appropriate for such a mod.

NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT. I traded with a guy in my clan,he is a big melee player, I am not. He was three weeks away from getting the mod. The intention was to trade back when he got his. It took him about a month to reach 200 days in that time the change was made.he has 2, I have 0.NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT. I traded with a guy in my clan,he is a big melee player, I am not. He was three weeks away from getting the mod. The intention was to trade back when he got his. It took him about a month to reach 200 days in that time the change was made.he has 2, I have 0.NOT THAT IT IS RELEVANT.

That actually could potentially be very relevant. If you both submit a support ticket referencing what happened, as well as him mentioning your ticket in his, and his in yours, you could potentially have DE remove it, if he says hes willing, from his account, and be given to your account.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

But it was tradable ,obviously or I wouldn't be making this post

Even if it was tradable you should have kept in mind that it's a rare item not easily obtainable. 

I didn't expect to get much help/support in this forum but I am amazed by the amount of DE riders that can't see this from my point of view......are you on the payroll?

There's no point in resulting to petty insults when people are just pointing out the obvious. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, Azlen said:

That actually could potentially be very relevant. If you both submit a support ticket referencing what happened, as well as him mentioning your ticket in his, and his in yours, you could potentially have DE remove it, if he says hes willing, from his account, and be given to your account.

Well it has already been pointed out that this was a wile ago. I took a break from the game for various reasons and I now not even in the same clan so it looks like I have got no chance.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I didn't expect to get much help/support in this forum but I am amazed by the amount of DE riders that can't see this from my point of view......are you on the payroll?

There's not really anything that forum posters can add other than "submit a ticket to support".

That's probably why you're not seeing any helpful posts, there's literally nothing anyone else here can do or say to help you.

Just now, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

Well it has already been pointed out that this was a wile ago. I took a break from the game for various reasons and I now not even in the same clan so it looks like I have got no chance.

If you remember his name, try to get in contact with him. That's probably the only way. Even if it was a while ago, if someone agrees to a mod transfer (especially in this scenario) it doesn't matter when it happened. You'd just have to get the guy to agree to doing it and asking for it to be given away to you.

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

There's not really anything that forum posters can add other than "submit a ticket to support".

That's probably why you're not seeing any helpful posts, there's literally nothing anyone else here can do or say to help you.

I don't have much hope but if someone could tell me how I could go about summiting a ticket I would be very grateful. It's worth a try I guess 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

I don't have much hope but if someone could tell me how I could go about summiting a ticket I would be very grateful. It's worth a try I guess 

Click on the 'Support Desk' link under the build versions at the top of this page.

Just now, MaximumGam1ng said:

I'm confused... So what primed mods are tradable? Cause I just bought 2 extra primed continuity with intention to sell after a while... Did I waste my ducats?

The only non-tradable primed mods are Primed Fury and Primed Vigor, both being daily log-in rewards. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dubbie_Shambles said:

Tradable is tradable rare or not

True, but the thing is, as everyone else here has stated, you had some reasonable assumption to assume that it shouldn't have been. You are right, it should not have been tradeable, but you also should have been able to assume that. Purely saying "well it's DE's fault for letting me trade it" won't get you anywhere. The fact of the matter is you should have known better. And also, the fix was done like 2 days after it was available, so if you saw that happen, there is reasonable assumption that you should've contacted support right then once you realized you'd be unable to get your mod back. I feel for you because I almost ended up in a similar boat. I borrowed a friend's who got it a while before me because I wanted to try it out. See where it would fit in builds. A couple hours after I gave it back, they fixed the issue with it being tradeable. Had it gotten stuck on my account though, I would have contacted support right away.