Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is the mod Fracturing Crush working good?

Dima19U

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, maj.death said:

50% armor decrease is not increased by power strength... using polarize afterwards however WILL strip all armor thanks to glorious flat armor reduction

Would like to know the build for that :) (how much Power Strength?)

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

On a related /note, does that whole "unable to move" part actually work now?
Because last I tried it out, enemies behaved just the same as when hit by regular Crush.

Last I tried they couldn't walk away from their spots after Fracturing Crush, they could still attack of course. Maybe Ancient Healer or Ancient Disrupter removes/reduces the CC duration.

Fracturing Crush can't hit 100% armor removal, however it does scale with str to a cap of about 80~85%. It also stacks multiplicatively with itself, which makes it incredibly good for stripping armor from entire rooms at once. As a bonus, if an enemy affected by Fracturing Crush has their armor reduced to 0 by some other means (such as Polarize), their armor will not revert once Fracturing Crush's duration expires.

I have an anti-Grineer build based around FC+Polarize. It is extremely effective and energy self-sufficient. Using a radiation weapon (Mutalist Cernos, in my case) allows Magnetize to nuke for anywhere from 500k to 1.6 million damage (potentially higher, since its damage comes from enemies -- my tests were done vs lv140 Bombards).

Hope that info helps.

23 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Fracturing Crush can't hit 100% armor removal, however it does scale with str to a cap of about 80~85%. It also stacks multiplicatively with itself, which makes it incredibly good for stripping armor from entire rooms at once. As a bonus, if an enemy affected by Fracturing Crush has their armor reduced to 0 by some other means (such as Polarize), their armor will not revert once Fracturing Crush's duration expires.

I have an anti-Grineer build based around FC+Polarize. It is extremely effective and energy self-sufficient. Using a radiation weapon (Mutalist Cernos, in my case) allows Magnetize to nuke for anywhere from 500k to 1.6 million damage (potentially higher, since its damage comes from enemies -- my tests were done vs lv140 Bombards).

Hope that info helps.

can you pls post your build? 

Judging from the screenshot, you speak spanish yes? Well here goes

... ahem

El mod fracturing crush no quita toda la armadura, pero si la gran mayoria si tienes la fuerza nessesaria. Si lo combinas con polarize, lo haces 0%, y en adicion lo haces mas lento con la augumentacion de fracturing.

(still got it)

10 hours ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Judging from the screenshot, you speak spanish yes? Well here goes

... ahem

El mod fracturing crush no quita toda la armadura, pero si la gran mayoria si tienes la fuerza nessesaria. Si lo combinas con polarize, lo haces 0%, y en adicion lo haces mas lento con la augumentacion de fracturing.

(still got it)

jajjaa, pretty good, soo is good the augmentation mod? or i can use instead other mod?

20 hours ago, Dima19U said:

can you pls post your build? 

Forgive the photo. Uploading images from PS4 is a pain. (Should really just upload directly to an image sharing service, but I digress...)

Spoiler

J39oFme.jpg

I'm still tweaking this build. It went through several iterations, but I found that this build had the quickest armor stripping times in the simulacrum. It hasn't gone past lv100 in a practical scenario, but using a one corrosive Pox projectile (no heat, panic procs hurt their damage output), followed by one FC and one Polarize stripped armor fully from a group of lv140 bombards while they were trapped by Magnetize. My best time for full armor strip in this scenario was just under 3s.

The real scaling comes from FC being multiplicative with itself. Once FC>Polarize is no longer enough, you can add a second Polarize for full strip. This shouldn't be necessary until lv180 or so (using wiki armor calcs which are reportedly inaccurate). Once a second Polarize is no longer enough, two consecutive casts of FC then one Polarize will cover the difference with only a little extra energy spent.

Tip: If you want to maximize armor stripping and boost damage dealt by Magnetize, avoid puncture procs. Magnetize's real damage scaling comes from enemy damage, so puncture hurts Magnetize. You also want to avoid making enemies inside Magnetize unable to fire, so heat procs are to be avoided. Radiation is the best option if you need CC on your weapon; it forces enemies to boost Magnetize's damage, and takes their attention off of you.

Just make sure to be a team-friendly Mag, and try to Magnetize enemies where you can create choke-points without frustrating your allies. :) FC is surprisingly helpful for this, since enemies won't be 5m away by the time your Magnetize cast takes effect.

This mod is really only good on the grineer, which she's good against anyway. Its kinda good against the infested, but you need radiation to shut down those ancients, or they will shut down your crush. Against corpus its an absolute no go. Snipers and nullifiers will kill you through your crush animation, and they have tons of them, plus very few of them have armor anyway. 

10 hours ago, Buddhakingpen said:

This mod is really only good on the grineer, which she's good against anyway. Its kinda good against the infested, but you need radiation to shut down those ancients, or they will shut down your crush. Against corpus its an absolute no go. Snipers and nullifiers will kill you through your crush animation, and they have tons of them, plus very few of them have armor anyway. 

Out of Corpus, only Bursas have armor.  Crush is still legit for providing unselfish CC and for safely transitioning into other powers when cover is not available.