The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Scared About The Changes Give Me Your Thoughts and Opinions

ShadowStalker

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

My tonkor has 7 formas, a catalyst, 18k+ kills and my simulor has 6 formas a catalyst and god knows how many kills. I am 100% glad these changes are being made and I would not back off from nerfing these weapons. I will still use these weapons after the nerf happens too. Players become to dependent on meta when in reality you can take just about anything to sorties or raids or whatever mission. Some of you are sick and tired of nerfs and I am sick and tired of hearing that every new weapon is mastery fodder because it doesn't compare to the stupid tonkor.

lets just hope the nerfs stop here and DE decids to work on armour scaling and AI 

That's the really silly thing, honestly. The Tonkor is actually getting BUFFS in a lot of ways, because its trajectory and fuse are being altered to be MUCH more useful for direct-fire and landing shots. It's getting a not-insignificant crit nerf, but it'll still have great crit rate when modded. Other than that, its base damage is the same.

The only real 'nerf' it's receiving is that you actually have to think before you pull the trigger, instead of smashing left mouse from SKIP CINEMATIC to MISSION COMPLETE.

Most of the community is excited about the upcoming changes, but we'll see just how well and quick they do without these weapons in high lvl sorties, even after the buff to some of the non aoe weps for example glaxion or attica they'll still barely scratch a lvl 70 bombard, im looking forward to this lol

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed guideline violation

1 hour ago, ZenDash said:

Most of the community is excited about the upcoming changes, but we'll see just how well and quick they do without these weapons in high lvl sorties, even after the buff to some of the non aoe weps they'll still barely scratch a lvl 70 bombard, im looking forward to this lol

Pfft, I take just about anything to sorties. There a lot of viable weapons but most people wouldn't know because they are too scared to play anything that is not meta. Hell i have done exhimus survivals with only a dark dagger equipped, no invisibility. This game ain't hard and I am not that good.

1 hour ago, ZenDash said:

Most of the community is excited about the upcoming changes, but we'll see just how well and quick they do without these weapons in high lvl sorties, even after the buff to some of the non aoe weps for example glaxion or attica they'll still barely scratch a lvl 70 bombard, im looking forward to this lol

I Agree now lets see how the sortie loadouts change and how these new "buffed" weapons are used i doubt theyd be of any use and i see people asking to re buff the tonkor in the future well said 

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Pfft, I take just about anything to sorties. There a lot of viable weapons but most people wouldn't know because they are too scared to play anything that is not meta. Hell i have done exhimus survivals with only a dark dagger equipped, no invisibility. This game ain't hard and I am not that good.

wow and you say "iam not good" underestimatimating your self :p 

5 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

just think about how fast you could finish an extermination sortie with a tonkor or simulor, instead of your tiny red dildo and perhaps loki spazzing around lol you'll have to take care of every single enemy in the room 1 by 1 from now on

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Beyblade Beyblade let it rip

RIP Telos Boltace

Why Rip if it still stands superior to the Kronen and the regular Boltance? It used to be extremely OP, now its just slightly better than the regular one which was how it should have been in the first place.

6 minutes ago, ZenDash said:

just think about how fast you could finish an extermination sortie with a tonkor or simulor, instead of your tiny red dildo and perhaps loki spazzing around lol you'll have to take care of every single enemy in the room 1 by 1 from now on

You can clear entire rooms with melee. I have clan member that can clear entire rooms faster with his melee than I can with my tonkor.

Just now, AdamantSpartan said:

Considering I rarely used the nerfed weapons (aside from the boltace for syndicate medal farming solo), I welcome the changes.

Also, I can use all the salt for cooking and such. Gonna have a landfill's worth by the time the update drops.

LMAO!

While I agree with some of the nerfs, there are some issues I have with them. I don't even use these weapons regularly...

If they were going to add more self damage to Tonkor I don't think they should've dropped the crit from 35% to 25%. Honestly don't think they should of added full self damage. Penta has a mod to avoid self damage.  They should have instead capped self damage for all explosive weapons like Orgris and Kulstar. Maybe 20% of your HP or no more than 200 damage? Maybe because I believe in in philosophy of buffing rather than nerfing...

Telos Boltace and the Simulors can still be visual cancers and I think that was the chief complaint. These nerfs don't seem to do anything to stop Mirage from flooding the screen with balls and waves. Maybe the cool down on Telos Boltace but having a cool down on a melee is dumb. Reduce the damage of the blade wave if low level trash clearing efficiency was that big of a problem because no one used Telos Boltace late game for anything more than opening crates.

I don't know why a dead weapon like Simulor was nerfed but as for the Synoid Version, the changes seem fair. The auto fire was nerfed but the status chance and the manual explosions were buffed. You'll still see the ball spam because now Simulor can spread status like a beast to a whole room instead of out right killing things after auto detonations. On top of manual detonations getting a buff you'll probably still see this weapon a lot.

Again, Soma P, Dex Sybaris, V Hek, and Tigris series are my most used weapons. None of this really affects me. I'm sure my favorite weapons will get 'tuned' later but eh...

Normally im against all nerfes but this time i love them.

The Synoid Simulor usage was out of the hands.Such an annoying gun with absolutely no skill involved.Everywhere this annoying shootingsound and balls.Quite every lobby had a user inside that used it like crazy.Then combined with Mirage = ultra annoying.Best nerf ever.

Tonkor is ok.It will hurt the weapon alot and you will not see it alot anymore.

Telos Boltace.Nice nerf.Annoying borderline usage from some dudes.

Its the own fault from the community that these weapons get a nerf.Some dudes used it to an extend that it hurts every teamplay and the gameplay overall.It was just a matter of time.

Edited by K0bra

I did think it was a little odd the Tonkor did no self harm, considering it's both Grineer built and high damage.

I mean, I don't think the Grineer are known for their fantastic safety records.

It looks like overused weapons will be mellowed down a bit and less used weapons will see more light. Balancing, yes?

7 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

If you would use stuff outside of tonkor you might know.

lol, I stopped using Tonkor since MR10 bud just implying that this weapon was hella useful even to new players for higher tier missions but now they're kinda scr3wed

Just now, ZenDash said:

lol you'll have to take care of every single enemy in the room 1 by 1 from now on

nice hyperbole you've got there.

Tonkor and Simulor are not the only AoE weapons in this game. they were the only AoE meta weapons that sheeple instantly farmed, but there are plenty of effective AoE weapons.

If sortie exterminates are taking noticeably longer time without the Tonkor then you probably shouldn't do sorties.

You talk as if the Tonkor and simulor are getting removed from the game, Tonkor will still be very good, just with added self dmg so that people can use their brains before shooting, Simulor change was so that people stopped spamming the annoying vortex and learned how to detonate them. the only weapon that was nerfed to the ground was the Telos boltace and we don't even know that for sure since the added CC could be very good.

4 minutes ago, Serinexxa said:

I did think it was a little odd the Tonkor did no self harm, considering it's both Grineer built and high damage.

I mean, I don't think the Grineer are known for their fantastic safety records.

It looks like overused weapons will be mellowed down a bit and less used weapons will see more light. Balancing, yes?

#Clem is Not Safe!

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Bear paws would be cool! Oh, you mean "bare" never mind then. :)

He meant to write bare but wrote bear instead, while its barely a difference in sound, bare in mind it can get a bit confusing, so please bear with me.

Also, would freaking love Bear Claw weapons.

Edited by Xekrin