The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

OP is absolutely right, their former intention to make everyone choose their own config according to the playstyle was done by forcing players to think and consider the points they spend....

this...this....abomin­ation now feels so irrational, it strips away the success you feel when you find a great build for yourself

getting hands on auras and levelling them is too easy and brakes the game early on

unless there are further plans how this scheme of giving too many points to spend plays out happily you are going to lose good players who liked the edge the game provided

we all sticked to the game because we bound with frames through the struggle of juggling our points to survive, and that is half the fun

now the system is instant godmode, without problems

reconsider plz,

sadframe

The Aura thing really really helps lowbies who can't yet get potatoes or forma.

An Aura'd Frame that has no Potato or Forma has 44 slots, which is far more forgiving than 30.

I imagine that's one of the reasons they did this, so that people could get more use out of a non-potato'd frame while they tried to make the decision whether or not to potato a frame, and actually use it in some meaningful situation (being capped at 30 while warframe powers eat half of that is ridiculous).

Sure, it impacts Forma usage later on, but how many players seriously have forma'd their warframe more than a couple times? Maybe some of the hardcores, perhaps.

And besides, your weapons still need Forma.

EDIT: Also, for every hardcore who has 5x Forma in their Warframe, please try to remember that there are 100 who have no potatoes in their Warframes at all, or only 1 here and there.

Edited by Xylia

Guys, I feel you. It seems the effort i put into all my muti-formad stuff have all been for nothing. Yet, as DE has always been doing, their will be more things to come. Wait for those more powerful mods with extra big power costs in the future. We will reap the fruits of our labor from those forma by then and all who have not invested in this will be left to stair in awe. Till then we wait, and good things happen to those who wait.

The problem is that the game doesn´t compensate the overflow of points and the God-Mode in the current endgame.

I only forma´d 2 frames i used, because i felt that those are the one i want to push.

Giving everyone everything takes out the thought-process,

it´s just throwing all mods on all frame from now on.

as it is, it makes the early game easier and dumbs it down a notch whilst making it too easy and boring in the endgame-dept.

Well isn´t this some dramatic forum,1st people did a massive horde about the drain of mod capacity now its a massive horde of "i wasted forma,i like challenge its the end of the game now", people seriously why would you all waste forma when you knew that 90% of the forum was raging upon the idea of auras draining mod,it was obvious that it was to be changed,its like going into a MMO where its about to restart in 5 minutes and use that key for that dungeon expecting to be done with it and then complain cause you lost the key you so farmed about.

Yes I would ask for a refund of formas out of this,and yes I support the idea of making auras dont drain nor give any mod and be just like before where the idea was good enough but really stop being dramatic about everything and raging at every fix,they trying to make a game here and by everyone complaining about every fix they do its gonna come to the point they won´t want to work anymore I have seen it happen before,what is worse? the end of a good game that is still being worked on OPEN BETA because everyone is being a rage quiter,or just keep trying to forge it to be even better?.

Be really gratefull that they even LISTEN to the community,if this was EA they would have been like "dude gtfo out of here I do what I want and I want your money! you dont deserve to be in my games if you don´t have money!"...look at damn SWTOR...free people cannot even ask GM support nor can post on forums...at least here we can forge a game together and Im really happy about that.

as it is, it makes the early game easier and dumbs it down a notch whilst making it too easy and boring in the endgame-dept.

"Dumbs it down"?

Seriously?

Yeah, like it took so much thought to take a Lv0 Warframe through Mercury or Venus for several levels until it was strong enough to do something more worthwhile.

No Fresh Newbie is going to have a Rank5 Aura mod. So this isn't changing their beginning-game experience (unless they get lucky with an alert, and even then it is ONLY 4 points with a Rank0 aura mod).

No, its the people who have multiple warframes leveled already who have the Rank5 auras. Going to Mercury or Venus with a Rank0 warframe is just plain boring, especially when you can't even use those powers it has because the powers take mod points.

Giving everyone everything takes out the thought-process,

it´s just throwing all mods on all frame from now on.

Yes. This change to the Aura system has allowed me to have Venom, Moult, Contagion, Miasma, Acrobat, Antitoxin, Continuity, Constitution, Diamond Skin, Enemy Sense, Fast Deflection, Flame Repellent, Flow, Focus, Fortitude, Handspring, Insulation, Lightning Rod, Marathon, Master Thief, Quick Rest, Rage, Redirection, Retribution, Rush, Shock Absorbers, Steel Fiber, Streamline, Stretch, Thief's Wit, Vitality, and Warm Coat on every single one of my Warframes.

I no longer have to think about anything, because installing an Aura Mod gave me twenty-two extra mod slots, 199 bonus mod capacity, and why not just throw in a free potato.

You know what, I'm going throw a challenge to people who keep saying auras are going make the game ultra easy for all the players.

Find a person who hasn't played Warframe before, get him to play it for a while. Ask his thoughts on how easy or hard the game is after he has had enough time using the new aura system.

Because otherwise I get the feeling this is going end like that update 9 is insane for beginners thread where everybody kept saying Warframe isn't hard on the basis of their hours and hours and hours of experience with the game when the entire thread was about how hard it was for people new to the game, just this time with people who have more hours spent in Warframe than I have hours spent in most of my games on Steam combined.

Edited by RealityMachina

I no longer have to think about anything, because installing an Aura Mod gave me twenty-two extra mod slots, 199 bonus mod capacity, and why not just throw in a free potato.

You joke, but in as little as 4 events DE could end up bumping Auras to 15 max rank (30 polarity) by release new 'higher power' auras to entice people to the events. Lets be safe and call it after 12 Bi-Weekly events (gun, mod, aura in that cycle). Maybe as long as 12 monthly events. In year the mod energy cap could grow by 30, easily.

The real problem here is that the community just can't decide what they want. First the problem was the mod capacity reduction which didn't compensate, now it's the extra mod capacity bonus that is making forma useless. How do you actually expect people to work under this situation? This is just a constant problem. Every update there's always mixed opinions and no one ends up truly satisfied.

The only complain that I keep seeing is that "Auras make the game insanely easy" and "Auras take away the thought process in building a frame". Seriously? If equipping Aura MODs makes the game easy for you then you have an option of not equipping it at all. Also if you want a challenge then trying running a mission without using any MODs or limiting your MOD choice. Don't make the rest suffer because most players don't have tons of platinum to buy forma and potatoes. 

slippery.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=

Wow. Never expected someone to actually try using a slippery slope argument as to why this is a bad thing.

I mean, really. That's our major concern? Something that requires very special logic in order to get the idea that DE might do this?

Like crap I think we may need to categorize this as a slippery cliff argument.

Edited by RealityMachina

From what everybody's saying, I'm led to believe from experience that Loki is the only frame with innate compatibility with Energy Siphon, which is rather ridiculous because there are many other frames that tend to use their abilities more often (unless most Loki's are invisibility spammers).

Wow. Never expected someone to actually try using a slippery slope argument as to why this is a bad thing.

I mean, really. That's our major concern? Something that requires very special logic in order to get the idea that DE might do this?

Like crap I think we may need to categorize this as a slippery cliff argument.

It's the main argument I was making all last night well before the thread merger. I would rather not see DE given the tools to be careless developers. It's not just max cap, it's what DE feels they could then make based on that new max cap.

How much mod energy is too much? Where is your line?

Edited by Brasten

Warframes have 25% more slots for mods than weapons. With 14 more energy they have 23% more energy than weapons.

So that means that Warframes have about the same amount of energy per slot as weapons have...

What's the problem with that?

You joke, but in as little as 4 events DE could end up bumping Auras to 15 max rank (30 polarity) by release new 'higher power' auras to entice people to the events. Lets be safe and call it after 12 Bi-Weekly events (gun, mod, aura in that cycle). Maybe as long as 12 monthly events. In year the mod energy cap could grow by 30, easily.

Yes.

Energy costs for abilities will also increase, following along the same pattern, releasing new "lower cost" powers to entice new people to use old Warframes. By this time next year, Saryn's Miasma will cost 2,500 Energy. (Saryn's energy capacity will not change; you will have to work together with fourteen other Tenno to pool your energy capacity into a large enough pool to use a single Miasma.)

Weapon damage will also continually increase, with the Gorgon leveling out at a base damage of 416 damage per bullet by next July. To compensate for the hardcore crowd, DE will also increase enemy health by the same metric; Level 1 Grineer will begin with 11,574 HP, while Level 40 Grineer will average roughly 2,578,356,233 HP. Luckily, the number of bugs related to Warframe powers also continues to increase, allowing Ember's Overheat and Nova's Null Star to cause enemies to take an additional 1.2x damage from all weapons for 3.4 seconds.

By the year 2020, Aura Mod slots will grant Warframes an additional 6,550 mod capacity. This is fine, though; DE has not released a new mod for the past five years, capping out at 44 mods, including the new (low cost!) abilities DE introduced back in 2014. Instead, DE has simply increased the maximum rank of all mods; Serration now tops out at Rank 787, granting all rifles an additional +11,805% damage.

This has caused a bit of inflation, so all missions have now begun to drop 413 times as much credits. Rank 542 Uncommon Fusion Cores begin to drop as early on as Tolstoj; Luckily, the cost of fusing them is so prohibitive that players are forced to grind T824 Defence Missions for upwards of ninety-six straight hours to earn enough credits to fuse these Fusion Cores with another mod. Unfortunately, a bug has cropped up, and players are unable to gain more than 61 ranks with a single Fusion Core. There is an outcry on the forums, but the increasingly sporadic visits by DE leads them to not notice for another six and a half months.

Do you see what you've done, Aura complainers? Do you?

3EDBq.jpg

could somebody please justify the balance behind this?

Please notice:

- no forma

- no potato

- all but 1 maxed mod pertinent to his role

- with one more player with maxed energy syphon, he can sustain this indefinitely. 

- EDIT: oh yeah, AND HE'S RANK 0

Welp, that was a fun run...

http://puu.sh/3EEym - starting at wave 9 (I did bring this vaub in as lvl 0, but forgot to take a picture at wave 0, so oh well >.>)

http://puu.sh/3EFvU - wave 23 and the lvl 101 ancients

http://puu.sh/3EFIo - wave 25 we ran away

http://puu.sh/3EFIW - and got lots of exp :D

http://puu.sh/3EFJR - yeah...

Rank 0 Vauban... how is that balanced. 

Looks like I have to post this yet again because it keeps getting lost in the masses. 

The words are "Power Creep", meaning it happens slowly, often without real notice. What do you think the level adjustment in update 9 was all about? Adjustments in level based on the alterations in overall player power, in part due to Forma.

You do not have to go far into other games with level systems (even ones without levels) to find the results of power creep combine with bad design decisions...

14569.jpg

Edited by Brasten

Yes.

Energy costs for abilities will also increase, following along the same pattern, releasing new "lower cost" powers to entice new people to use old Warframes. By this time next year, Saryn's Miasma will cost 2,500 Energy. (Saryn's energy capacity will not change; you will have to work together with fourteen other Tenno to pool your energy capacity into a large enough pool to use a single Miasma.)

Weapon damage will also continually increase, with the Gorgon leveling out at a base damage of 416 damage per bullet by next July. To compensate for the hardcore crowd, DE will also increase enemy health by the same metric; Level 1 Grineer will begin with 11,574 HP, while Level 40 Grineer will average roughly 2,578,356,233 HP. Luckily, the number of bugs related to Warframe powers also continues to increase, allowing Ember's Overheat and Nova's Null Star to cause enemies to take an additional 1.2x damage from all weapons for 3.4 seconds.

By the year 2020, Aura Mod slots will grant Warframes an additional 6,550 mod capacity. This is fine, though; DE has not released a new mod for the past five years, capping out at 44 mods, including the new (low cost!) abilities DE introduced back in 2014. Instead, DE has simply increased the maximum rank of all mods; Serration now tops out at Rank 787, granting all rifles an additional +11,805% damage.

This has caused a bit of inflation, so all missions have now begun to drop 413 times as much credits. Rank 542 Uncommon Fusion Cores begin to drop as early on as Tolstoj; Luckily, the cost of fusing them is so prohibitive that players are forced to grind T824 Defence Missions for upwards of ninety-six straight hours to earn enough credits to fuse these Fusion Cores with another mod. Unfortunately, a bug has cropped up, and players are unable to gain more than 61 ranks with a single Fusion Core. There is an outcry on the forums, but the increasingly sporadic visits by DE leads them to not notice for another six and a half months.

By 2200, mod capacity and mod slots on Warframes will approach infinity. The capacity and slots on a Warframe will literally increase faster than you can put mods in them.

Since we're engaging in wild unfounded speculation here, they could also easily introduce new content that practically requires upgrades like this due to raw difficulty.

Considering how they massively buffed the difficulty of just about every system that isn't venus and mercury, this seems more likely than your crazy infinite power creep argument.

Looks like I have to post this yet again because it keeps getting lost in the masses.

It keeps getting lost in the shuffle because it has no point. It's you pointing to something and saying "look at how OP this is!" without any actual logic behind why it's OP.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger