Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Get This Straight...Tonkor "Nerf"

BaronVonHuggz

Let me get this straight, Tonkor is now just a 2 shot penta? With a little more punch? That was not the allure to the weapon we were given. The Dmg dampener that wa built into the Tonkor was. So we lost that, just like we lost the Penta's original punch. Even though Penta was nerfed just so that the tonkor shined....Sewriously? I get it tonkor was/is a hell of a wepaon so much so i dedicated tonkor like myself put it down to pick up new weps. Even as so far to go as switch between frames primary secondary and melee after each mission just to enjoy a little bit of everything. But now, the allure of tonkor is gone....Why? because low Mr's whineed about it? Or high MR's just didnt understand what a bounce shot was? Or even learnn how to do one? Come on, the tonkor shined at close to mid to high and not just becouse of the dampener itself. the bounce on it was and is beatiful and works quite well as shotgun and rifle.

Let's not leave out, the synoid simulor nerf now has the FUN aspect, the vortexes, removed, and is left with a gimpy little secondary fire explosion, talk about FUNNNNN...

Not only that, Cephalon Suda is now utter trash tier, the main weapon has now been nerfed into oblivion, the gammacore was ALREADY nerfed into oblivion months and months ago, and the heliocore came out as trash, and has remained trash.

Welp, if people want to be salty over something as trifling as the simulor, I guess it's time to put the troll pants on and see just how salty I can make groups. Mirage sonicor spam? Oh it's coming. Mirage azima sprinkler spam? Oh it's coming. Mirage spam in general? Oh yes. Slowva spam on farming missions? YOU BETCHA. Maybe a little vauban jump jet spam? I think people will enjoy being launched, to their death. A little sound quake tickle to keep enemies at the edge of the map? Yes, yes, YES. Oh, I know, time to just repeatedly kill myself with a grenade launcher? Let the group rez me or let me die? Sounds like a plan. Oh I am going to give people something to *@##$ about, let the games begin.

4 minutes ago, Gaki_no_Tsukai said:

Let's not leave out, the synoid simulor nerf now has the FUN aspect, the vortexes, removed, and is left with a gimpy little secondary fire explosion, talk about FUNNNNN...

Not only that, Cephalon Suda is now utter trash tier, the main weapon has now been nerfed into oblivion, the gammacore was ALREADY nerfed into oblivion months and months ago, and the heliocore came out as trash, and has remained trash.

Welp, if people want to be salty over something as trifling as the simulor, I guess it's time to put the troll pants on and see just how salty I can make groups. Mirage sonicor spam? Oh it's coming. Mirage azima sprinkler spam? Oh it's coming. Mirage spam in general? Oh yes. Slowva spam on farming missions? YOU BETCHA. Maybe a little vauban jump jet spam? I think people will enjoy being launched, to their death. A little sound quake tickle to keep enemies at the edge of the map? Yes, yes, YES. Oh, I know, time to just repeatedly kill myself with a grenade launcher? Let the group rez me or let me die? Sounds like a plan. Oh I am going to give people something to *@##$ about, let the games begin.

this is some dead sea level of salt right here.

let me get this straight, change the click-bait topic title first ....

the tonkor original design was to test with so called rocket-jump mechanic from other game, the concept got outdated, the arc of the gun although tricky to use, have no risk involved, prove to be too effective and deserve to be nerfed.

we had fun using a broken gun for ... like 2 year, it's outdated and hurt other weapon long enough, now it's time for it to go.

38 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

this is some dead sea level of salt right here.

Oh no no, the dead sea has nothing on me, maybe if you evaporated a good 90% of it. However not to worry, there will be salt for everybody! You know at one point in time, salt was worth more than gold. So in a way, the more salt I spread to the community, the more enriched their lives will become!

Being honest, it's actually pretty damn entertaining when people are QQ'ing their asses off because you're running slowva on Akkad. I think I'm actually beginning to understand how trolls get their jollies off, I should have tried this ages ago lol.

1 hour ago, Gaki_no_Tsukai said:

I didn't even have to read this to understand you're salty, I simply saw Synoid Simulor in the first 10 words and Mirage as your profile picture.

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

If you are so skilled with the Tonkor, surely this self damage won't stop you. After all, if you are as skilled with it as you claim, you won't have problems not blowing up yourself, right?

its not the blowing myself up part. there has been times where a team mate was body blocked and was throwing out too low dmg 1 quick slide in and grenade shot the mod was dead or knocked down stopping the bottom block. the thing is that the tonkor no longer has a uniqueness to it

7 hours ago, FireSegment said:

the tonkor original design was to test with so called rocket-jump mechanic from other game, the concept got outdated, the arc of the gun although tricky to use, have no risk involved, prove to be too effective and deserve to be nerfed.

we had fun using a broken gun for ... like 2 year, it's outdated and hurt other weapon long enough, now it's time for it to go.

sorry didnt mean for a click bait title

I did my first testrun with tonkor and Inaros. It one-shots my 4640 health if one of the "multishot" grenades bounces near you. I dont mean direct hit - just near. 

I stick with the Zarr for now because self-damage is less excessive and the arc of fire offers more control.

9 hours ago, BaronVonHuggz said:

Let me get this straight, Tonkor is now just a 2 shot penta? With a little more punch? That was not the allure to the weapon we were given. The Dmg dampener that wa built into the Tonkor was. So we lost that, just like we lost the Penta's original punch. Even though Penta was nerfed just so that the tonkor shined....Sewriously? I get it tonkor was/is a hell of a wepaon so much so i dedicated tonkor like myself put it down to pick up new weps. Even as so far to go as switch between frames primary secondary and melee after each mission just to enjoy a little bit of everything. But now, the allure of tonkor is gone....Why? because low Mr's whineed about it? Or high MR's just didnt understand what a bounce shot was? Or even learnn how to do one? Come on, the tonkor shined at close to mid to high and not just becouse of the dampener itself. the bounce on it was and is beatiful and works quite well as shotgun and rifle.

Tonkor rounds don't arm till they've travelled 6 meters. Don't worry, you can still shoot yourself in the foot without blowing yourself up, after you pull said foot out of your mouth in anycase.

8 hours ago, FireSegment said:

I don't understand you people really. The tonkor was broken ? Too  easy to use ? So what ? Can't you just change weapon if you're such a skilled player (I would urge you to go play the souls series, it's what you are looking for) ?

It's mainly a cooperative game. So how do you care your mate has fun with a "broken" weapon as long as you play with a weapon YOU like ?

I personally don't really care about pure damage, but I enjoyed the way the tonkor worked, now it's gone and I won't use it anymore, not even once, and I know most people will do the same. I don't think that's the original purpose of the nerf. There's a balance between everyone using a weapon, and suddenly no one.

Edited by Elendir

44 minutes ago, Elendir said:

I don't understand you people really. The tonkor was broken ? Too  easy to use ? So what ? Can't you just change weapon if you're such a skilled player (I would urge you to go play the souls series, it's what you are looking for) ?

It's mainly a cooperative game. So how do you care your mate has fun with a "broken" weapon as long as you play with a weapon YOU like ?

I personally don't really care about pure damage, but I enjoyed the way the tonkor worked, now it's gone and I won't use it anymore, not even once, and I know most people will do the same. I don't think that's the original purpose of the nerf. There's a balance between everyone using a weapon, and suddenly no one.

That's an idiotic argument to make. Ask anyone who had issues with the tonkor and they'll readily tell you that people who use weapons like the tonkor, telos boltace or the simulor ruin the gaming experience by killing everything without allowing their team-mates to do anything.

DE nerfed the tonkor and other associated meta weapons not because they were fun, but because they trivialised the games content to the point that everyone in the game session with you got affected. 

And since you and others like you have no qualms about ruining another person's gaming experience through the proliferate use of meta weapons, going so far as to dismiss our concerns as being inconsequential to you, DE had to step in and do something about it.

You really have yourself to blame for this, if you and others like you had moderated your use of meta weapons and not used them in such domineering fashion, it would never have come to this. As it stands I hope DE gets around to nerfing every other meta-frame or load out in the game. The secondaries like the sonicor need to go as well.

1 hour ago, Elendir said:

I personally don't really care about pure damage, but I enjoyed the way the tonkor worked

What else does the tonkor have then, aside from pure damage? Don't give me the "rocket jump" argument, because that one's obviously outdated.

22 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

That's an idiotic argument to make. Ask anyone who had issues with the tonkor and they'll readily tell you that people who use weapons like the tonkor, telos boltace or the simulor ruin the gaming experience by killing everything without allowing their team-mates to do anything.

DE nerfed the tonkor and other associated meta weapons not because they were fun, but because they trivialised the games content to the point that everyone in the game session with you got affected. 

And since you and others like you have no qualms about ruining another person's gaming experience through the proliferate use of meta weapons, going so far as to dismiss our concerns as being inconsequential to you, DE had to step in and do something about it.

You really have yourself to blame for this, if you and others like you had moderated your use of meta weapons and not used them in such domineering fashion, it would never have come to this. As it stands I hope DE gets around to nerfing every other meta-frame or load out in the game. The secondaries like the sonicor need to go as well.

Yeah, sorry, I must have forgotten how hard it is to form a squad in this game...

17 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

What else does the tonkor have then, aside from pure damage? Don't give me the "rocket jump" argument, because that one's obviously outdated.

I was using it like an explosive rounds shotgun. It's just a matter of gameplay feeling. Now the feeling I was looking for is gone, the weapon is basically useless to me (because I don't  have fun with the new way it has to be played).

Edited by Elendir

Criticism where criticism is due, but all this whine and salt about peanuts especially in the aftermath of such a big, well-crafted (in my opinion) patch, is above my understanding...

Everybody knew that some meta weapons were far, far too powertul.

My god...

1 hour ago, Ryunokage said:

so they nerfed the tonkor because it was good ? huh and it ruin other ppl life ? ok then u gotta nerf :-

nova : since it makes everything explode .. and take 100% more damage

banshee/saryn :- they just stand in a 25-40 level and spam thier abilities and i do nothing but watching them ....

and please nerf mesa .. too much damage to be true ..

1 minute ago, ShardYT said:

so they nerfed the tonkor because it was good ? huh and it ruin other ppl life ? ok then u gotta nerf :-

banshee/saryn :- they just stand in a 25-40 level and spam thier abilities and i do nothing but watching them ....

Ironically, that was the reason for Novas, Mesa and Saryns rework in the past.

11 hours ago, Gaki_no_Tsukai said:

Symulor was fun for you, but wasn't for me, and since my fun is more important than your fun, the nerf was completely justified.

9 minutes ago, ShardYT said:

nova : since it makes everything explode .. and take 100% more damage already nerfed

banshee/saryn :- they just stand in a 25-40 level and spam thier abilities and i do nothing but watching them .... this one too, yep

and please nerf mesa .. too much damage to be true .. uh huh

Where have you been this whole time?

25 minutes ago, ShardYT said:

1. Nova's m-prime is a debuff, that slows enemies and allows them to take more damage, it doesn't trivialise content, nor does it dominate in its current form. Keep in mind that it is already nerfed from its original state, in which m-prime could cause a cascade of explosions that would wipe entire maps, DE implemented the nerf on the Nova for much the same reasons as those stated in this round's weapon balances.

2. Banshee/saryn: Agreed, both of them need to be reviewed with as much haste as possible. The ember as well has the same issues. All those frames need to either be reworked to force active participation and skill-dependant gameplay, or otherwise have their current idiot-pandering properties nerfed into the ground.

3. Mesa: Like the nova, the mesa has been nerfed. She currently needs to manually direct her field of fire. A field that rapidly narrows the longer the ability remains active. Contrast this against her earlier iteration, which turned her into an auto-targeting stationary turret.