Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon (rework)

mariniack

I have a request to the developers to please redo Oberon make it more useful for the group ... I've been playing it for a long time and it's very sad to see how it all responds like the most useless warframe

Edited by mariniack

7 minutes ago, mariniack said:

I have a request to the developers to please redo Oberon make it more useful for the group ... I've been playing it for a long time and it's very sad to see how it all responds like the most useless warframe

But how is he useless? Please elaborate.

white text why

Broberon definitely needs some love, but if you can't find a use for him, that's on you.

Maybe try a high (235%) Range and (175%) Efficiency build.
Mass knockdown and (not least Aura-denying) confusion CC with Reckoning,
stupid-long-ranged lock-on hitscan CC snipes with Smite (with not even abysmal damage on either),
Renewal is the only Squad heal in the game with infinite range, ...

That'll do ~fine in a whole bunch of mission types. *shrug*

Honestly if you view Oberon is useless, you aren't using him properly.
1 for fast damage, I generally use it when reloading as it doesn't interrupt the action.
Stack 2 in high traffic areas. The damage stacks and it amazing. Ignore the Armor buff it gives, its percent based.
3 for heals, obviously. Ill generally pop it if someone is down to boost their timer for a little too. It's saved a few nerds. Don't use this expecting Bless heals, its a Regen for a reason.
4 to pause the battle. Don't expect it to kill, use it for its effects. Knockdown followed by Blind followed by Rad. Its perfect shutting down anything giving you a problem.

While a rework would be nice. He honestly needs very little. Giving his 2 a flat bonus like his 4 augment and remove the regen cutoff and let it just continue for the full duration. That's all he needs or should get. Unlike other frames with just worthless abilities, hes still very capable. Some QoL changes would be nice, but that's it.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

A max range+max efficiency oberon is godly.

i've only ever gone down while leveling him or by a sheer fluke. If you build him right he should be as tanky as wukong but with unmatched CC.

though i also use tigris+euphona primes with him. Hehe....nothing can kill me once my groove is on.

Tanky as Wukong? No.

Nobody is really on that level. Honestly, Wukong is super broken. Like, I no longer bother to avoid damage as him becuase he simply does not die. 

But I well agree that Oberon is for sure NOT useless. I have a five forma Oberon that I use a lot. 

He is still good for Mobile Defense. I steer away from using him so much because of the flak that's given for bringing him to ANYTHING. It's kinda sad peeps are like that but was not expecting that in Warframe. Is he really that bad in peoples eyes?

6 hours ago, KX297 said:

Tanky as Wukong? No.

Nobody is really on that level. Honestly, Wukong is super broken. Like, I no longer bother to avoid damage as him becuase he simply does not die. 

But I well agree that Oberon is for sure NOT useless. I have a five forma Oberon that I use a lot. 

I was exaggerating but he can be all but unkillable.

also: wukon+hierudo+syndicate wep that restores energy and defy is indefinite 

Edited by (XB1)InfernusXcanis

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

I was exaggerating but he can be all but unkillable.

also: wukon+hierudo+syndicate wep that restores energy and defy is indefinite 

I'm not even using the Hirudo or any life/energy restoring Syndicate weapons lol.

I just have a five forma Wukong for nothing but Defy. The skill alone when optimized is super dumb.

And yes, I agree that a good build for Oberon's 3 and 4 make him very difficult to down.

Honestly, they should just cut either the channeling or the duration on his 3, and make it JUST one or the other. 

As far as his 2 goes, I wish they'd just scrap it and redo it.

His 1 is alright, to be expected of a first ability.

His 4 is solid CC for the most part.

Really his Frame stats should be changed too.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:30 PM, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

A max range+max efficiency oberon is godly.

i've only ever gone down while leveling him or by a sheer fluke. If you build him right he should be as tanky as wukong but with unmatched CC.

though i also use tigris+euphona primes with him. Hehe....nothing can kill me once my groove is on.

Sorry, in no universe is oberon out tanking a ice chroma or even a IS focused rhino.Its not a useless frame but mass exagerations is helping as much as the "he is garbage" comments. The frame is showing its age, like hydroid and needs a rework of sorts.

On 3/25/2017 at 10:38 PM, mariniack said:

Feel free to discuss the issues of Oberon and how to fix them here, I've written an entire article about how I vision his re-work and how to design him to fulfil his role more purposefully.. 

On 26/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, corporatePaladin said:

1 for fast damage, I generally use it when reloading as it doesn't interrupt the action.
Stack 2 in high traffic areas. The damage stacks and it amazing. Ignore the Armor buff it gives, its percent based.
3 for heals, obviously. Ill generally pop it if someone is down to boost their timer for a little too. It's saved a few nerds. Don't use this expecting Bless heals, its a Regen for a reason.
4 to pause the battle. Don't expect it to kill, use it for its effects. Knockdown followed by Blind followed by Rad. Its perfect shutting down anything giving you a problem.

While a rework would be nice. He honestly needs very little. Giving his 2 a flat bonus like his 4 augment and remove the regen cutoff and let it just continue for the full duration. That's all he needs or should get. Unlike other frames with just worthless abilities, hes still very capable. Some QoL changes would be nice, but that's it.

How about making hallowed ground a radial area that expands the longer you channel it, i think changing his passive to make his abilities gain more range/strength the longer you channel them qould fit him better since you wont find feral beasts to tame most of the time (dont remember if it works on hyekkas n drakks)

Edited by Huanthus

On 3/27/2017 at 11:58 AM, corporatePaladin said:

"While a rework would be nice. He honestly needs very little. Giving his 2 a flat bonus like his 4 augment and remove the regen cutoff and let it just continue for the full duration. That's all he needs or should get. Unlike other frames with just worthless abilities, hes still very capable. Some QoL changes would be nice, but that's it." 

I agree to what you've presented, but would you prefer a frame that gets re-worked to be... just okay or at best alright. or would you like that frame to be amazing after the re-work, similarly to the changes of Excalibur in update 16.9?
because stating that Oberon only need minor tweaks is slightly ignorant, for a frame to receive a proper rework or a frame to be great period, their kit must be effective in every environment and offer something to the table that no other frame offers, unfortunately Oberon doesn't.. the only niche thing that Oberon offers is 'Phoenix Renewal' and innate radiation damage.

shameless promoting but might i suggest you take a look into my suggested ideas into his re-work, i would greatly appreciate it. 

I feel like I should qualify my comment above -- I actually really enjoy Oberon, even acknowledging that he's not great at anything. I like his design, the ideas behind his powers, and all of that. I don't personally believe he's "garbage," I just was saying that it's a pretty common thing to see. So my apologies for seeming like I was just throwing in a "he's garbage, delete him immediately" comment. 

On March 28, 2017 at 0:28 AM, WARLOCKE said:

Sorry, in no universe is oberon out tanking a ice chroma or even a IS focused rhino.Its not a useless frame but mass exagerations is helping as much as the "he is garbage" comments. The frame is showing its age, like hydroid and needs a rework of sorts.

I've already pointed out i was exaggerating on how tanky he can be.