The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

It is locked to 100% and as a DE staff member pointed out, that scales in game hud and not any of the menus. Which used to all scale independently based on your resolution and apparently now they do not as a way to make the UI larger on 4k resolutions. There is another thread which has more detailed explanation and how it is going to be a "long" process to fix.

Edited by Morphooo

If it hasn't been said yet:
Text and icon Quality also degrade because of this change, since it is just up-scaled, I feel like my Monitor is on a wrong Resolution, this is really bad and hurts to look at.

Basically the same happens to Windows Fonts and Icons when your Monitor is not adjusted the right way.
This UI change had a really nasty side effect for certain Monitors/Resolutions.

11 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

This new UI size is absolutely hideous. It's obviously completely broken, just revert the damn thing until it actually works.

This.

The UI is just...bad. I run at 2560x1600 and this is both robbing me of screen real estate and the text is eye-searingly bad. I don't want these huge numbers in my face. It feels like I'm staring at a console. I don't build high end PCs to have a console experience.

Played Thursday in 4k, and sure certain parts of the game UI were a bit small and it would have been nice for the UI scale slider to actually work and do anything to address it.  But you got use to it and it was completely playable.

As of Saturday with your "fix".  The game UI is now way to large, the UI scale slider STILL doesn't do anything to adjust the settings and its near unplayable.  I'm playing in 4k, I would prefer it to look like that and not like I'm playing 800x600.

Stop telling people you did this for us 4k users.  Please fix this quickly, and with more priority then the map overlay problem that persisted for weeks.

And get someone to test your UI for 4k PLEASE.  This update clearly shows you have no one in your employment who does.

It seems like the approach is not exactly right.In my opinion, instead of scaling the HUD with an already set value, why not make the set scales read the current resolution setting, and apply a set scale according to the resolution, then with the sliders being relative multipliers of those (as it already is I think). I've done similar stuff on a completely different engine sure, but I don't see why can't you.

For instance: in a 800x600 resolution a certain picture would be 200 pixels wide, in a 1024x768 it would be 256 pixels wide. (1.28 multiplier)

The art also would have to be one of two options regardless of approach: made appropriate for 4K resolutions, in such a way that there won't be extra pixels that create blur, make the picture pixelated and to avoid artifacts, so then certain HUD objects would scale down from there, OR using Vector Graphics which is more expensive on hardware.

I really don't see the point of adding 4K support while making others suffer. The size of the HUD actually makes it harder for me as a 1080 user. While in a game I can't read the left side and the right side simultaneously, after all I am not a chameleon. Plus the bit of actually being able to see the pixels and artifacts on the Focus points notice is bugging me, even a regular person can see that.

Edited by DarkBabylon
Clarification

On 3/24/2017 at 4:51 PM, Arcanedas said:

The size of the menus vs the field of view is giving me a headache when I have to look at it after Update 20. In addition some of my Warframes heads now cut off parts of the information panel when I go into the Arsenal and look at mods. Using a 3440x1440 resolution. UI is way to big now.

Yes, focus on the oversized UI elements versus the actual game puts a large strain on our eyes. This is actually a big problem that I hope you'll resolve by allowing us to reduce the size of these oversized UI elements.

This problem is akin to displaying a video game via a projector. Projectors have to focus the image for sharpness, and video games tend to have such size diversity in UI / text and game elements that it is never possible to focus all of the elements into sharpness. What you have done with the new UI sizes is essentially created this same problem but for our human eyes. We constantly have to transition our focus from the game to the UI elements and back and this puts an unnecessary strain that will lead to headaches due to eye the extra load.

The problem I have is that DE so far seem to think this is an acceptable change. Fair enough, 4K monitor owners can now play the game at full res, but this is going to negatively affect the vast majority of players who do not have a 2160p monitor, and therefore are stuck with huge oversized UI elements.

I get that you had to do something to support 4K, but honestly, if it's going to badly affect every other player, why perform this change in the first place? 4K resolution players had a workaround for the small UI: play in 1440p - which albeit isn't great that they can't play in 4K but it's still playable. You have now enforced a change that the 720p, 1080p and 1440p playerbase are forced to accept, which we can't workaround, and that leads me to believe this was a pretty bad decision on DE's behalf, and have faith that they will come up with a solution to it very soon.

Edited by BroPyp

the UI scale needs to be fixed.

also

10 hours ago, DogManDan said:

you do understand sarcasm correct?

so YOU MESSED UP and did not use /s for sarcasm but THEN YOU GIVE ATTITUDE to someone who logically responds to your messed up post. all you had to say was "my bad" or "Sorry" but you couldn't even give that courtesy.  your actions are everything wrong with the world. i suggest you eat some good mushrooms and take a long hard look in the mirror. disclaimer: if you are a child i guess i understand and you should avoid the mushrooms.

2 hours ago, MarurabaATX said:

the UI scale needs to be fixed.

also

so YOU MESSED UP and did not use /s for sarcasm but THEN YOU GIVE ATTITUDE to someone who logically responds to your messed up post. all you had to say was "my bad" or "Sorry" but you couldn't even give that courtesy.  your actions are everything wrong with the world. i suggest you eat some good mushrooms and take a long hard look in the mirror. disclaimer: if you are a child i guess i understand and you should avoid the mushrooms.

LMFAO I just can't stop laughing it hurts so much right now!