Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Early Opinion On This Update.

Spamzillasaurus

Optional Challenge = GOOD! Willingly take on harder challenges, get rewarded.

FORCED Challenge = BAD.

Not modded out enough? Don't even bother. You'll die. Might as well just quit if you can't do much without 2-3 people carrying you around everywhere.

Basically, Warframe is now a "Newbies Need Not Apply" unless they have personal carries to carry them everywhere because everything is so ridiculously hard now.

This should have been spot checked before it went live.  I'm an embedded QA manager at a large MMO company and this kind of thing would have never gone live, and if it had, someone would have been in BIG trouble.

Please tell what company that is. Over the pass 10 years I have played numerous MMOs, both F2P and P2P, and I have NEVER played one that didn't have minor bugs after a major patch release.

This patch has lots of bugs but they aren't game-breaking, more of annoyance if anything.

The Nightmare and Aura features need a bit more fine tuning but other than that, this update is a step in the right direction towards making Warframe better.

Optional Challenge = GOOD! Willingly take on harder challenges, get rewarded.

FORCED Challenge = BAD.

Not modded out enough? Don't even bother. You'll die. Might as well just quit if you can't do much without 2-3 people carrying you around everywhere.

Basically, Warframe is now a "Newbies Need Not Apply" unless they have personal carries to carry them everywhere because everything is so ridiculously hard now.

That makes me wonder if they put ANY thought into this at all.

Changes like that are the best way to drive new players/possible customers away.

Please tell what company that is. Over the pass 10 years I have played numerous MMOs, both F2P and P2P, and I have NEVER played one that didn't have minor bugs after a major patch release.

This patch has lots of bugs but they aren't game-breaking, more of annoyance if anything.

The Nightmare and Aura features need a bit more fine tuning but other than that, this update is a step in the right direction towards making Warframe better.

I'm under no obligation to tell you the name of where I work, but let me put this in perspective.

If my company released a patch that caused the entire game world to drop the same 4 items and it was successfully distributed to public servers, there would be some serious talkings-to about why such an immense bug wasn't caught on the way out the door.  

I'm not asking DE to do full verifications of every build, but a quick "Hey it works" spot check would be really nice.

Aside from the bugs I don't like the Aura system. It's a straight up nerf no matter how you look at it. And a not so clever ploy to get them forma sales going.

DE you aren't as sneaky as you think you are.

Your definition of "minor" has me very curious, big bugs in your book must be the ones that upon running the software cause it to fry your computer and/or nuclearize everything in a 30 mile radius.

He doesn't have to tell you what company he works for because anyone who does/has done any type of QA and/or QC testing in the past can tell that this build has not been checked AT ALL, some bugs jump up at you with a single playthrough, most of them under 5, giving your test build lv 100 warframes with 99999 on all stats to check consistency on things such as loot tables, monster positioning, etc. would not take more than 30 minutes for a single person, and would take 20 minutes for a 10-man team to actually find a good chunk of those bugs.

But as I said in one of my very first posts, back in u7 mind you, "DE does not play their own game".

Don't like how all ancients look the same. You can't tell a disruptor from a healer until the enemy health bar pops up.

Raptor and the new Vor actually felt like boss battles. HUGE, huge improvement and I want all bosses to be that engaging.

I do like the new alert system and I LOVE that it tells you whether or not you have a chance to nab blueprints or not.

Back to playing for me now.

I'm under no obligation to tell you the name of where I work, but let me put this in perspective.

If my company released a patch that caused the entire game world to drop the same 4 items and it was successfully distributed to public servers, there would be some serious talkings-to about why such an immense bug wasn't caught on the way out the door.  

I'm not asking DE to do full verifications of every build, but a quick "Hey it works" spot check would be really nice.

You're right, you are under no obligations to tell me who you work for. However, the fact that you even mentioned that you work for an MMO company means you expect it to give your opinion more weight. You can't expect people to give you more credibility for a statement(s) when you provide no evidence to back those claims. Overall, it just comes off as an unnecessary detail to distinguish your post from the others posting here.

Your definition of "minor" has me very curious, big bugs in your book must be the ones that upon running the software cause it to fry your computer and/or nuclearize everything in a 30 mile radius.

He doesn't have to tell you what company he works for because anyone who does/has done any type of QA and/or QC testing in the past can tell that this build has not been checked AT ALL, some bugs jump up at you with a single playthrough, most of them under 5, giving your test build lv 100 warframes with 99999 on all stats to check consistency on things such as loot tables, monster positioning, etc. would not take more than 30 minutes for a single person, and would take 20 minutes for a 10-man team to actually find a good chunk of those bugs.

But as I said in one of my very first posts, back in u7 mind you, "DE does not play their own game".

I work in the IT field and I'm sure it's been checked. To suggest that pushing a piece of code to live means it's going to perform exactly the same as you tested in your test realm is absurd. 
Edited by Yinkuji

I love it.

Yeah, a few bugs. But well. You either have the people whining that would have to wait another week or now people whining in this thread because it was rushed. Either way, DE gets blamed. But well. Its out and now, the fixes begin for a week or so. 

You're right, you are under no obligations to tell me who you work for. However, the fact that you even mentioned that you work for an MMO company means you expect it to give your opinion more weight. You can't expect people to give you more credibility for a statement(s) when you provide no evidence to back those claims. Overall, it just comes off as an unnecessary detail to distinguish your post from the others posting here.

I work in the IT field and I'm sure it's been checked. To suggest that pushing a piece of code to live means it's going to perform exactly the same as you tested in you office is absurd. 

First:  This is what I do for a living.  If you really think I'm going to post personal information (such as my company and name and official title) just to appease you or anyone who wants evidence, you will end up wanting.

Second:  This has not been checked.  You're absolutely right, though:  You shouldn't expect code to perform the same at any stage of its distribution.  That is exactly why you check it before making it public.  What you just said proves my point perfectly.

First impression? Mostly good. On the bad side, the Artifact nerf sucks hard, and the new solar system UI is significantly worse than the old. New foundry UI is prettier but less functional, and the drop bug is totally minor and forgivable.

On the good side? The game got a much needed difficulty curve, the new Vor model is fantastic, and the new Ancient model is prettier but harder to tell apart. The new difficulty curve is fantastic and adds a great deal of replayability. The mod adjustments are also nice.

Overall pretty good. The interval between update 8 and 9 was nice and small and lots of new content makes me happy.

First:  This is what I do for a living.  If you really think I'm going to post personal information (such as my company and name and official title) just to appease you or anyone who wants evidence, you will end up wanting.

Second:  This has not been checked.  You're absolutely right, though:  You shouldn't expect code to perform the same at any stage of its distribution.  That is exactly why you check it before making it public.  What you just said proves my point perfectly.

Then once again:

Overall, it just comes off as an unnecessary detail to distinguish your post from the others posting here.

I wasn't really even expecting anything other than, '"I work for x company," just to prove my point that I have never played an MMO that hasn't had bugs patch day. From Blizzard to NCSoft, from Nexon to Perfect World. I've dealt with them all and seen the ugliness that is patch day.

Check before making it public? As far as I know, DE never brings down the official servers for anything so I'm unsure of how they could check how the patch would perform on the live servers without actually bringing the servers down. Even still, 100000+ players are much better at finding bugs then 10-15 guys in an office going through a checklist trying to meet a deadline. Not trying to use this as a bullet-proof excuse but these guys are human and a relatively small team for how large Warframe is.
Edited by Yinkuji

The good:

- The Nightmare missions are pretty cool, I like the extra challenge.

- New tutorial is waaaay better than the old one.

- New nightmare mods seem pretty cool.

- Melee mods were FINALLY buffed

The bad:

- Aura system is awful beyond description.

- Some of the later mission scaling is a little bit wonky - much harder to solo now. Some more difficulty is always good but I'd argue it's too much.

- Some of the added prime weapons seem kind of.... unwanted. Did anyone seriously need a Bronco Prime? There also already three different version of the Braton, did we need yet another one?

- Getting lots of bugs including some abilities crashing the game and doors that refuse to open.

- Not much actual "new" content: no new enemies (well, there are the elite grineer which are exactly the same as normal grinner except they have shields)

Even still, 100000+ players are much better at finding bugs then 10-15 guys in an office going through a checklist trying to meet a deadline.

Which is why it is far smarter to release a patch at a time that your development and internal QA teams will be able to start responding to that "million monkeys" bug finding. Releasing late evening on a Friday is sub-optimal, especially for a Beta stage game like this where you can expect your user base to be your backup QA team.

What DE is doing now is a bad habit that will get them burned by the PS4 community come that launch. DE should be doing: Live Patch on Monday morning, bug/hot fixes Tuesday through Friday, enjoy as weekend warriors praise the "new" patch.

Check before making it public? As far as I know, DE never brings down the official servers for anything so I'm unsure of how they could check how the patch would perform on the live servers without actually bringing the servers down. Even still, 100000+ players are much better at finding bugs then 10-15 guys in an office going through a checklist trying to meet a deadline. Not trying to use this as a bullet-proof excuse but these guys are human and a relatively small team for how large Warframe is.

I completely understand that.  My developers work long, hard hours and I know the toll it takes.  But -- and I speak from experience -- it would not be difficult to have an internal "live replica" server.  And a loot bug this big?  This should have been caught.  If someone internal to DE went to Neptune and got nothing but Morphics off of Hyena and they didn't say anything, then shame on them.  If no one checked this at all then that's bad form.  All it takes is a quick check of small parts of your content.  It isn't difficult.  I do it weekly, my team does it daily.

Which is why it is far smarter to release a patch at a time that your development and internal QA teams will be able to start responding to that "million monkeys" bug finding. Releasing late evening on a Friday is sub-optimal, especially for a Beta stage game like this where you can expect your user base to be your backup QA team.

What DE is doing now is a bad habit that will get them burned by the PS4 community come that launch. DE should be doing: Live Patch on Monday morning, bug/hot fixes Tuesday through Friday, enjoy as weekend warriors praise the "new" patch.

I'm personally a fan of Dota2's update schedule. Updates first go out to a "test" client every Wednesday; this client is completely separate from the normal client and anyone who plays Dota2 can download and play on the test client. After some testing and bug fixing, the patch then goes out to the main servers on Thursday or Friday (depending on the amount of bugs found).

Edited by fatfree