Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do YOU believe?

Hello all,

recentrly, Mogamu released a video on "how to "fix" waframe,". His idea is that the Devs should add more monthly lore content to keep people invested into the game(i sorta agree with) mostly the veterans, and bouse released a video as a response to it saying it'd only be fixing the game for a short period of time as the Devs would eventually run out of ideas and as to how in the endess missions only Aoe frames matters since it gets to either get 1 shotted or u 1 shot them, and how even then the game doesnt feel rewarding at all. Now i believe the Devs should come with actual gears(with actual stats) to fix that issue, it'd b a great way to keep people invested in trying to get them, the Devs dont really have to focus on ore to release monthly content imho,they can create new enemy conquerors from other solar system to challenge and keep people invested/interested into the game,having done that,it'd also give them the opportunity of bringing in new mods, arcanes and/or actual gears..but thats just what i believe should be done.

how about you? what do you believe they should do?

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

Hello all,

recentrly, Mogamu released a video on "how to "fix" waframe,". His idea is that the Devs should add more monthly lore content to keep people invested into the game(i sorta agree with) mostly the veterans, and bouse released a video as a response to it saying it'd only be fixing the game for a short period of time as the Devs would eventually run out of ideas and as to how in the endess missions only Aoe frames matters since it gets to either get 1 shotted or u 1 shot them, and how even then the game doesnt feel rewarding at all. Now i believe the Devs should come with actual gears(with actual stats) to fix that issue, it'd b a great way to keep people invested in trying to get them, the Devs dont really have to focus on ore to release monthly content imho,they can create new enemy conquerors from other solar system to challenge and keep people invested/interested into the game,having done that,it'd also give them the opportunity of bringing in new mods, arcanes and/or actual gears..but thats just what i believe should be done.

how about you? what do you believe they should do?

Personally, I don't think that lore will do any good. I mean, sure, it will please the number of people that actually care about the lore, but even then, that's like, information that's not going to help you in-game, right? Not really going anywhere game-wise. 

They need to get an endgame proper into the game to replace the endgame placeholder that was endless.

That they've had an endgame proper in mind seems highly likely in view of the fact that there's so much "headroom" built into the system (which to us now seems "OP").  It probably has something to do with the sentients, and those special weapons they revealed a while ago.  

At any rate, they need to get something in to really challenge high-level players, and resuscitate the sense of community and camaraderie that endless, for all its faults, used to provide.

I would love to see more story content too, but that's clearly very labour intensive, they need an endgame system in to replace endless.

Mogamu made a few very good points, particularly with the "Netflix method", of having Lore-based quest as a series of episodes that end on cliff-hangers and have real drama in them, with characters we care about. while this would certainly keep fans of the lore glued to their screens, it wouldn't do much for those who just play for fun/the grind, unless it also added some new mechanics. the biggest problem I think is trying to get the combat right, since it's difficult, if not impossible, to balance a fair, fun and rewarding combat system around so many powerful abilities, weapons and enemies. the rewards systems definitely need more tweaks though.. why Kuva isn't on the Kuva Fortress is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Mogamu made a few very good points, particularly with the "Netflix method", of having Lore-based quest as a series of episodes that end on cliff-hangers and have real drama in them, with characters we care about. while this would certainly keep fans of the lore glued to their screens, it wouldn't do much for those who just play for fun/the grind, unless it also added some new mechanics. the biggest problem I think is trying to get the combat right, since it's difficult, if not impossible, to balance a fair, fun and rewarding combat system around so many powerful abilities, weapons and enemies. the rewards systems definitely need more tweaks though.. why Kuva isn't on the Kuva Fortress is beyond me.

but thats the thing tho,adding lore based missions monthly would make them run out of idea sooner or later...hence why i said, it doesnt have to be lored,it can just be w.e, i mean its not like the orokins were the only all mighty in the whole universe.

The main issue is really how to give beginners and veterans enjoyable content because each one wants something different, it's a real challenge because without veterans (want harder challenge)  making videos and teaching some things about the game ( which the game doesn't, look up in wiki seems to be the alternative) beginners (want easier progression)  will leave warframe very early, so veterans that i believe are not the majority will have there way at the end, if that will do more bad than good i don't know but there must be a beginner to mid game content that doesn't require crazy farming and platinum spending so beginners can enjoy and progress, and a  mid high content for experienced players ,that do challenge them in lore ,tactics and variety.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

i mean its not like the orokins were the only all mighty in the whole universe.

Orokin were not allmighty. They were a K1 civilization on the span of one solar system. We dont know anything about the Void. We dont know anything about other systems or aliens, if they even exist in warframe. Everything in Warframe originated in Origin system.

On topic, I think the incoming Kingpin system needs to be looked up untill I can decide what endgame this game needs. The most pressing thing right now (for me) is riven system. In my eyes it failed at its task of balancing the weapons.

Edited by Xardis

2 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Orokin were not allmighty. They were a K1 civilization on the span of one solar system. We dont know anything about the Void. We dont know anything about other systems or aliens, if they even exist in warframe. Everything in Warframe originated in Origin system.

exactly so imho the Devs have more than enough to release monthly content to keep players invested and bring in new mods/gears

Just now, FlyingLlama said:

Mogamu is a massive noob that only caters to the noob-meta that DE ignores and attempts to stamp out.

The way DE is going with damage 3 and the AI update is good, hopefully it will be balanced and have depth.

wait,mind briefing me on what they'll change on damage 3.0? i mean i know they said they'd do something aboutt he endless armor stacking of enemies but what about us?(the warframes)

Well Mogamu had an intersting Idea with the regular Lorequests but lets be honest that would not "fix" Warframe. It would "fix" it for people really and only intersted in the Lore but not everyone else. No what Warframe really needs is some good Endgame for Veteran Players, fix some Issues with Damage and Scaling, alot of balancing, and we need to get back to the old way of doing Updates where we got actual gameplay content on a regular basis. That "fixes" the Game.

I for example do not care that much about the Lore. Yes I like the new main Quests, but I much more enjoy the Gameplay and that is what I am interested in and that is why there are some Quest I haven't even started yet because I do not care that much for the Lore. When I started playing Warframe, there were no Quests and the Lore was minimal at best (and got changed every few weeks). But I enjoyed the Game because of the mechanics and the regular Gameplaycontent that was added. That is what kept me playing for more then 4 Years, not some Quest with Lore that adds nothing really to the Game except a bit of Backstory but no actual replay value and replay value is what decides if people continue to play. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

They can add a new Enemy, boom

You mean like expanding on the Sentient faction? Oh wait... I think they're already planning that.

If it takes months to make a cinematic quest that people play through in a few hours, I'm not sure how much engaging lore content Mogamu thinks can be produced every month.

We'd probably get an hour or two of playtime out of it, at most. Doesn't seem like the key to keeping veterans interested and logging in.

I have no idea why Mogamu is trying to equate passive media like YouTube or TV series to an interactive form of entertainment like Warframe, they're not the same thing at all.

5 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You mean like expanding on the Sentient faction? Oh wait... I think they're already planning that.

If it takes months to make a cinematic quest that people play through in a few hours, I'm not sure how much engaging lore content Mogamu thinks can be produced every month.

We'd probably get an hour or two of playtime out of it, at most. Doesn't seem like the key to keeping veterans interested and logging in.

I have no idea why Mogamu is trying to equate passive media like YouTube or TV series to an interactive form of entertainment like Warframe, they're not the same thing at all.

It seems you didn't look at the full picture, If there were to be a new enemy there would be new missions, maps, and lore. To keep veterans Warframe needs to introduce more planets, warframes, and enemies. The same stuff has become repetitive and boring. 

Just now, (PS4)iDiabolicax said:

It seems you didn't look at the full picture, If there were to be a new enemy there would be new missions, maps, and lore. To keep veterans Warframe needs to introduce more planets, warframes, and enemies. The same stuff has become repetitive and boring. 

And DE have talked about expanding the startchart, possibly even to another solar system, adding new sentient enemies and sentient weapons that we can use with entirely new systems, not just primary/secondary/melee.

They are already planning that type of an update.

56 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

And DE have talked about expanding the startchart, possibly even to another solar system, adding new sentient enemies and sentient weapons that we can use with entirely new systems, not just primary/secondary/melee.

They are already planning that type of an update.

cool,but at the pace they're moving,it'll be decades b4 that starts