Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow us to banish while in the rift

StubbyClaps

Hello, I am wondering if it is annoying anyone else not being able to banish enemies while already in the rift plane? I hope DE brings it back. I see how banishing enemies puts them into the opposite plane makes it easier to track which plane the enemies are in, but I really find it more useful existing in the rift plane and choosing my targets and bringing them into the rift, not banishing them THEN changing what plane im in. I want to stay in the rift plane and banish those who are currently in the material plane.

3 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

agreed... idk why we can't banish things while in the rift... it would only make sense...

I think they made it like that as a balance precaution.

Beforehand we could stay in the Rif for a limited time, cost energy to cast, had cast time and could only banish 1 by 1.

Now we can stay in the Rif indefinetly, has no cast time, no energy cost and can banish groups.

A strategy I've been using is: before sending anything to the Rif, use Stasis. Banish as many as you'd like. Enter and kill them.

Even before using Cataclysm I've been using Stais first because that stagger is just not enough to stop them from shooting you.

33 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

agreed... idk why we can't banish things while in the rift... it would only make sense...

with aoe now, banishing targets in groups would result in not gettting what you wanted in the rift, it works mechanicly and for balance

20 hours ago, midtarget said:

with aoe now, banishing targets in groups would result in not gettting what you wanted in the rift, it works mechanicly and for balance

I still would rather send a group of mobs into the rift while in the rift plane.

yeah i don't understand, the rift isn't a strong enough mechanic to make it actually broken

they killed old limbo and turned him into a generic cc bot that hampers allies and can't do anything to bosses in terms of cc anyway while having no boosted damage of his own

it's stupid

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

This guide did help. I am getting into the habit of pausing time then using cataclysm to pull enemies into the rift. Its more power intensive then the old way limbo played but it is potentially the most op frame atm now.

You really have to utilize melee as the hits land immediately even when the enemies are in stasis.

Edited by StubbyClaps